Work In Progress Vote Kick Update

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

I would be perfectly fine with some form of choice between kick and no-kick, but I still think that you are having a huge disconnect here.

It isn't going to take 2-3 years for them to make this fix. I was around when it was first announced that DCUO (at launch) was not going to be cross-platform. The technology and programming were never the issue on that. They felt (at the time) that there would be too much of a disconnect between the console and PC culture. Given the fact that the PC population is now much smaller than the console one, they seem to have changed their mind on us playing together.

And what is adding to my sense of disconnect here is that you are saying that it will take them years to put in their proposed changes, but that they can add in different phases for kick preferences almost immediately? Really?

Adding in phases like you describe sound just about as difficult as say... doing what they have stated they will do.

So please just be patient. I am absolutely positive that it will not take years for them to do what they said they will do in the OP. They have had a habit of not announcing something until they are pretty sure that they will be able to do it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if at least parts of the new system might start to show up in the next Update or two from now.
  2. Flavian Committed Player

From what I understand, a phase is basically a different server shift. If a server is set up so it has no vote kick option, all they need to do is allow you to move between the two servers.

With the server merge, I believe they may have the resources to do that.

What you are suggesting is not as simple as phasing from one server to another. What you are suggesting is an account identifier to be linked up with the core functionality of the game. That's a lot more code than just adding a server and turning the switch on and off.

Spytle literally said that turning the vote kick on and off is as simple as "flipping a switch".

So if the server that is a no kick server is the same as a regular server, only "with the switch flipped off", then that's apparently really freaking easy.

Full Account ID Integration is not like flipping a switch. That much I know from battle.net and from what one of the guys (either Spytle or Mepps) have said in the last few weeks.

That's where I'm at, and patience is a virtue that the gamer base can't really be expected to maintain without an immediate fix.
  3. Super Krys New Player

Once again...kicked for NO reason... no vulgarity . . . no rudeness....doing everything right.... 112 electric dps...kicked from avarice while beating a 114 ice dps . . . moving just fine...would have finished in under 20 and got the boot...what a giant bunch of BS. I am so ready to cancel my membership. I want to be able to ignore entire leagues at this point.
    • Like x 2
  4. Gargamond Dedicated Player

It might also be nice to create a menu which provides reasons why you are kicking the person. For instance, a drop down menu with options like: verbally abusive, not following instructions, ignoring effective strategy, etc.

Then, after the person is kicked for the same reason with high frequency, an interesting but temporary icon or title should appear over their head which reflects their tendencies. For example, a player who is frequently kicked for not following instructions could be labeled a "Lone Wolf", or a verbally abusive player could be labeled a "Bully".
    • Like x 2
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I like the idea, but I can already see that getting abused. It would be fantastic if people could use it properly, but that's incredibly doubtful. Then you just have the issue of people getting kicked for just being really, really bad.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kid Dynamite New Player

I'm not sure if there are any DCUO players with Epilapsy, but for some, seeing the color red can cause them to have a seizure. I just thought I should point that out before you guys institute that color warning option.
  7. Sbel Devoted Player

I doubt they care. I mean, have you seen Paradox Wave and the Quantum AM? :rolleyes: Talk about seizure inducing....

Dox gives me migraines. :(
  8. AthalwolfCOH Level 30

global ignore is LONG overdue. that also will fix the gold spammers who just keep making new alts to spam after a time Knowing they have been set on ignore.
    those griefers that like to walk out of range of a combat then run their mouth about how everyone else sucks (think 10 yearolds). while Not being able to be kicked because those that Want to kick them Can't because of being in-combat........being globally ignored and not loading in on players a nice touch to end having to be forced teamed with them again. what really gets me are the "elitists" that want to sit there reading armor or complaining about cr not high enough to Their liking need to learn to make their own teams instead of complaining whom they 'get stuck with'. the funny part in that they complain things taking too long, yet they sitting around complaining wasting time instead of doing their job. i noticed a big trend by the "BR" labeled ones like to speak in their gibberish and kick to fill teams with their friends as they come on. Most times the teams have been good and players start getting kicked for no reason by and for final boss fights. "fast runs" to end bonus for their friends. i did not catch on to that at first as was not watching everyone as i was in the middle being tank........it was explained to me later when i asked "what did so-n-so and so-n-so do?" answer = 'nothing, our friend logged on'.
  9. metalfenix Committed Player

The account wide ignore would be AWESOME.
    • Like x 1
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

That warning is branded in the playstation manual when people buy a playstation. The playstation even tells you to check the manual before using. So they are covered in that department.
  11. Dr. Quantro Well-Known Player

What if I'm in a PUG, and I decide to place a player on ignore, then the next day that player joins my league, and we both are asked to play in the same instance. Will the Day Break servers blow up, or do you have a way around this?
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

At that point you should either remove the guy from your ignore list or remove him from the league. That would not be a dev problem.
  13. Cexion New Player

I know a lot of people who are fast to /ignore TR/BR players when they use their native language in shouts.
    English is not my native language either and in game i only speak english. Still i consider these people rude who flood everyones chat window with lines of text they probably don't understand.

Personally i also /ignore people who are Trading/LFG without using the proper channels.
  14. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

updated so we can kick someone who not getting back up from dying. Why can't we kick someone out for abusing the system? They clearly spinning the camera around to avoid being kicked.
    • Like x 1
  15. NaumNML New Player

Any time frame on the ignore feature?
  16. Chewy Stuff Well-Known Player

Yeap... got the boot cause I "wasn't waiting" for everyone. Hmmm... let's see... just before he had group messaged for people to kick me i had checked my map to see where the other group members were and had already stopped killing the ad that would bring out the boss... Had he messaged me or something i could've told them that i was just killing ads to speed up the run.

Yeah... pretty f'd up. When i messaged him stating the above he claimed that i was rushing and scoreboard chasing cause he was outdpsing me... nvm the fact that the entire first boss i was merely spamming range power back powers in only one direction...

Seriously... I'm 115 CR... could care less about being the highest dps in a t4 instance... I'm obviously there for styles.

Luckily I queued up again and was doing the same exact thing. Right when i turn my mic on to let people know that i would wait, a group member turned his on and asked me to wait for the group (rudely i might add) but of course i obliged and was able to explain myself. Restored a bit of faith in the community but the first guy deserves some mad bad karma points.
  17. Cosmos Girl Well-Known Player

Ignore should be between characters not players. I think the voting should also be anonymous with something like a 3/8-yes 5/8-no; assuming the game would also automatically weigh in the person in question as no.

I would question how people would think if it should be more transparent to the person who is in the process of getting kicked.
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

I'm in favor of account-wide ignore. I figure if you're a tool on one toon, you're a tool no matter which one you happen to be playing. If you made my ignore list, there's a good reason for it and I'd rather you not be part of my DCUO experience.

I also disagree with anonymity. If you want to kick someone, man up and admit it to everyone. It should also be mandatory to include a reason for the kick that everyone can see. People might think twice about kicking people this way, especially if the reason causes the instigator to land on a few ignore lists in the group.

Personal accountability is a good thing. People should mind their manners when interacting with other people, even if they are dressed up like x5UPERxM4Nx and using Heat Vision in a raid.
  19. Cosmos Girl Well-Known Player

A majority of kicks I've seen are because of the player's current character doesn't perform, which doesn't mean the player may have another character they can switch with. If a player is playing in a way that is disruptive they should be reported anyways. In any case I could see an account based ignore as an additional option to the current ignore, not a replacement.

I think when you start to relate ignore to group creation you start to create another problem of "being fair" all its own. Because the game is multi-player is not just about the ignorer and the ignored. Who would have priority in being in a queue in a game first?

Say a group of 8. The ignorer is queue then the ignored. Should the ignored be left out just because one person of the 7 has the ignored in their list. Or if the ignorer is opting out if the ignored joins before or after since the ignorer is the one who has the problem. Or should both be left out of queue. If the answer is first-come-first served; I could foresee potential abuse. A player could lock up the queue system for others by adding a large number of ignores or say person A, B, C all ignore each other and have large number of ignore all queue for the same alert/raid. I think the problem is compounded with account based ignore; I am curious what kind of system will be in place in groups created outside of the queue. Anyhow I'm not an expert nor do I know the mechanics of how the queue works.

As I said, the current system isn't transparent either. If you "really" wanted to man up you'd let the person to be kicked know there is a vote in progress. Give the guy a chance. But if we were to go this way you would need anonymity.
  20. Harlequin Devoted Player

Kicking someone doesn't place them on your ignore list so I'm not sure what the point is here. If a person were to place everyone they deem to be inferior or "bad" on their ignore list, they might find themselves with very few people to play with before they know it. That's not a development issue, that's a player issue. That player would have a choice: live with the limited pool of potential players they could be grouped with or clean up their ignore list.

I believe Spytle said, in the case of two people being in queue for the same instance where one of them is on the other's ignore list, the player who queued first would have priority. That's completely fine with me, too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.