People ruining raids on purpose

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Davis, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Davis New Player

So this is becoming a thing now people going into a raid for the sole purpose of either sabotaging the raid or just to screw the other people in it. This would be like dcuo version of a "team killer" its happened to me and several league mates already. I hope this gets fixed soon i dont want to go through the weekend like this.
    • Like x 6
  2. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Guess I'm playing FF14 this weekend where the vote to remove still works. :D
    • Like x 6
  3. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Well that seems really extreme to me? Are you queing these instances or inviting them via LFG?

The best suggestion i have is if they end up doing this again, you all walk out then kick them from the group. That works still right?
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea, been hearing stories about it for the past 2 days and its crazy. Happened to me the other morning. The bad thing is some people are doing it at the last boss.
    • Like x 4
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I would laugh so hard if the Devs let this go on for a week and then hand out 1 month bans to everyone who is doing it.
    They could make a big announcement like H1Z1 did....
    • Like x 18
  6. Nightwish Well-Known Player

No, people are really doing this purposely. I was in Throne yesterday and we had a dps/healer who had to get off, so we shouted for another in LFG. Somebody in the raid group got a tell by somebody claiming that he was a dps who could heal and he'll help us out.... so we invited him and we start the battle.

All of a sudden, we see Quantum powers going off and we all are like wth...because we didn't have a Quantum person in the group, we look over and see that they guy we just invited was actually a Quantum and not the healer power he said to be. Couple of guys in my group got pissed because it wasn't the first time that got grief yesterday and they let this guy have it over the mic.

After we wiped, we ask him to leave so we could get a healer...after 6mins without saying anything and standing around, the guy got on his mic with music blasting in the background laughing and then asking are we mad. The guy finally left 13mins later and we were able to get another dps/healer without disbanding thankfully.

That would be great.
    • Like x 6
  7. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

I'd pay to see that happen :D
    • Like x 4
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

I'm wondering how many of these people are intentionally trying to mess up the test. :(
    • Like x 12
  9. FelixDuo Committed Player

It almost seems like a lot of this behavior is being done by people specifically to protest the removal of the vote kick option. Which means that it's actually the people who want the vote kick option returned that are being trolls. It's like a...what's it called? A false flag operation?

I could be wrong but the sheer amount of anecdotal evidence is suspicious.
    • Like x 16
  10. Veritech Loyal Player

Most these stories are coming from PS too.
    Hooray for crossplay....not. Really dreading it right now.
    • Like x 3
  11. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

There isn't any need to speculate as to the motivation of the griefers. They openly posted in the Dev Discussion thread concerning the removal of Kicking that they would do this.

Abusive bullies should not be rewarded. Kicking should be removed permanently, and a system put in place to seriously punish griefers.
    • Like x 6
  12. MrBeefCakes New Player

Happened in USPC as well. From a so called "respectable" league.
    • Like x 1
  13. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

The Devs should not return kicking to us at all if people want to act like this. In fact, the griefers should get suspended or banned for violating the ToS.
    • Like x 12
  14. Nightwish Well-Known Player

I wouldn't be surprise, but I'm pretty sure some people do it just to be a holes.
    • Like x 6
  15. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

I agree! Ban the griefers and keep DC Kick Free!
    • Like x 2
  16. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I really don't know why they needed a test to see if this would happen it's human nature it's like testing to see if you'll get wet in the rain and being suprised with the results.
    • Like x 2
  17. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

These sound hypothetical, I made it through t6 raids no issue, but hey i guess strange things happen.

Also you can kick people who dc.
  18. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

My thoughts exactly.

We don't have the most rational of players populating this game...
    • Like x 7
  19. CH13F New Player

huh, proves my point that who needs kick system actually the people who needs to be kicked. no suprise, they do anything to get their votekick back to kick innocent hardworking people from last boss to put their pathetic friends. for powerlvling purposes. that includes messing with devs intentionally. what a world.
    • Like x 3
  20. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Seems that these threads are really proving a point.

Being that your situation was self created, being that you could have used dcuolive or wavedox to look them up before they were invited to the run and seen that they were quantum and incapable of being a healer.( Being that you were needing somebody ready even if they said they would respect there power, I doubt if most would have waited for a random person to do just that).

There will be complaints for them to bring back the vote to kick function, but self creating or purposely doing it seems counter-productive because you have to know they are counting on that.

Thread after thread peeps were complaining and whining about being kicked from groups, through no fault of there own, I'd go so far and say that they probably needed to be removed from some of those groups as they may have been at fault.

If anything this experiment should cast a very bright beam of light to those players who were complaining, but something tells me it may not play out how I maybe thinking it will and I hope they will share with us the results of this test, though I doubt it will help as people including myself will find a way to contradict, imply or flat out misrepresent the information as we have in the past.