Jen's is dropping bombs.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dcon34DCUO, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kharhaz Committed Player

Quite right, and this kind of thing happens a lot.
    • Like x 1
  2. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

If people want to be picky about their team-mates, then they can pre-make the group before queueing.

I had largely quit playing large-group content because I was sick and tired of the constant abuse by chronic kickers. When I see people kicked for no fair reason (which was most of the time, in my experience) then it spoils the fun for me. I've lost count of the number of times that I've seen people kicking other players for petty reasons like which powerset they have -- the abuse needs to stop, and I'm thrilled that they are doing something about it.

Like I said, if players want to be picky about their team-mates, then they should do the honest thing and openly ask for exactly whatever silly requirements they want before the group queues. That isn't what has been happening. They queue in now and just start kicking people out who haven't done anything wrong.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

*cough* pugs *cough*

Also seeing as how there's currently 20 million characters in game, I don't think it's exactly reasonable to remember all those different characters, especially since jerks can make alts.
  4. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

First, Where did I say "No one runs x Map". I said, only certain ones pop. Queuing up for everything and only 5x5 Arkham pops every time is not the same as saying no one wants to run 5x5 moonbase. It is saying more people are in the system for 5x5 arkham then are in the system the moon map. We are talking about two totally different things. 6 people can be queued up for the moon, but unless you get 4 more people, it isn't going to pop over another map.

Assuming that is the case, and yes I am making lots of assumptions and until someone gives me solid data otherwise I will continue to, why change something if it doesn't actually improve anything.

Second, I am not saying it HAS to be anything. But I am saying it had a purpose. If that purpose is no longer there or it is unnecessary, then by all means good riddance. But if that reason is not gone, and still there, then why remove something without any other alternative and expect it will all work out.
    • Like x 1
  5. MrBeefCakes New Player

Time to start wavedoxing when I form pug runs now. 3rd morning in the row that I have failed an HOH run since the tank didn't know what to do or people not playing their role correctly.

Get ready people cause it's gonna start getting a lot nastier.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

As far as the map rotations go, the batcave is my personal favorite for 1's and 2's, Ace for anything, 8's is Australia.

Least favorite are any maps with npc's.
  7. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Map rotation gone..ok, don't care that much really one way or the other to tell the truth(I got my feats), used to love pvp but these days is.....

Less time on deserter time..AWESOME

I almost never kick anybody, you have to be a real bottomhole for me to kick you. But when someone needs to be kicked it's good that it's there. Also what about disconnects that people never come back from? I give people time but cmon we need to boot them after a bit so we can move along.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Exactly my thoughts, I'll also be wave doxing any member of a pug run and if people aren't up to scratch they'll be immediately excluded, this will be based on CR and skill points, kind of funny since people were saying yet again yesterday that skill points were irrelevant. As there are no other means to assess a persons skill level and there will no longer be a means to remove them, I will simply exclude them to begin with even if that means a degree of prejudice.
    • Like x 4
  9. MrBeefCakes New Player

Exactly. I know the PS side have been asking for skill points with CR, now it's time for USPC. If I don't see any feats from TOTD, LOL, or any of the raids im running I will exclude them.
    • Like x 1
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Bingo. Less than 100 SP? Out. Less than max CR? Out.

I'm not even one of those picky guys, but if I know I can't kick someone, especially if that someone happens to be a tank or healer, then I'm going for the best available people every time because I cant risk a horrible player ruining my runs.
    • Like x 5
  11. MrBeefCakes New Player

The people crying about this so called "kicking" just made the community worse.
    • Like x 4
  12. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Won't be missing the "i got kicked" threads if it works properly.

also, play "electric city" by B.E.P. and watch your sig :p
    • Like x 1
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm worried about the time it takes a linkdead player to auto-drop group. I'd like that time shortened if not being given the ability to kick them.

I've seen kick abuse threads but I always thought they were a vocal minority. People don't often make threads because they justifiably kicked someone. Usually it's the other way around.

As an experiment, this feels like it's more about proving a point to the community than it is being approached in good faith. Maybe that sounds non-constructive and I apologize. I just suspect they already know how this will turn out.
    • Like x 11
  14. Benn 10 Committed Player

The not being able to kick people change makes me nervous.
    • Like x 3
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, I think the devs are taking a gamble here that's going to backfire on them, the community will be worse off from this decision and I honestly think the people complaining about being kicked are still a minority of people not willing to accept their part in the problem; that they simply lacked skill and that was the reason they were kicked in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  16. Ghostof91 New Player

Ol boy im happy.:D
  17. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

This is true but at least for this to happen 3 other people have to vote yes. After this change if a solo role decides to go afk for half hour you are just stuck. It is far more likely that you will have 1 griefer in a pug group then have 4 people who will kick for no reason.
    • Like x 2
  18. Nightwish Well-Known Player

I never use wavedox when forming groups, but I will be using it often now.
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I dont think that they even began to think about it. We need the ability to kick. Period. End of discussion. Removing kicking all together is a horrible idea for so many reasons. Kicking for the sake of kicking/to get leaguemates in is so rare that it shouldn't even be a factor in the decision making.
    • Like x 4
  20. Kill Shot Well-Known Player

I understand that people can misuse the kick function and I have been wrongfully kicked once or twice but there are a lot more jerks on the game these days in my opinion.

I think this is just giving them a license to run there mouth with no fear of consequence and make things even worse than getting kicked once in a great while.

Honestly most people would agree that most the people who get kicked are MIA or complete jerks.

I had to report someone the other day for being way out of line. It would not be fair for me to have to leave a raid and start over due to some hot head.

Just my point of view.
    Thanks for reading
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.