Current State of the Playstation 3

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scarlet Rise, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea but you are allowed to replace the harddrive without viloating the warranty. I replaced my harddrive with a hybrid 2TB harddrive. The issue only persist if you download most of your games.
  3. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

So bottom Line: Get a Ps4 at the right time for you because it will probably be costly. Do not adhere to pressures that MMO's may bring.

Side Note: MMO's seem to be the reason strongest on rushing to get a PS4. I still do not believe there is enough "great" games on the console to justify the price (plus the hard drive upgrade). Arkham Knight and Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain may need to come out before the pressure really heightens without the influence of MMO's.
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

I'd disagree. I got my PS4 for Infamous, Dragon's Age, Assasins Creed, and Destiny. However I did get a PS4 also for FFXIV, Warframe and DCUO so you are right there.

Still in the early stage I believe this year should help people decide to get one hence Uncharted 4, The Division, Arkham Knight, ESO, etc.

Come January next year we will see alot of people switch over to PS4. I dont think DCUO will drop PS3 and make an announcement like FFXIV will in July, but I do think devs will say something come August about the PS3
  5. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

What? FFXIV will make an announcement about the pending end of the PS3? Ugh, I believe these plans are being made too soon. I "think" they should be made after this fall or at least executed next year (probably more FFXIV then DCUO).

Side Note: Did you want those games before or after the reviews came out? Assassins' and Destiny were very controversial. Dragon Age is seemingly game of the year and Infamous seems to be good as well but not enough to carry the system. Oh yeah, I would include Shadow of Mordor being up there as well.
  6. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

I don't know why I click on these. These ps3 bashing topics give me heartburn. But I'll play along. Personally I have experienced very little to no disconnects or lag. Since going wireless, I have tried to go back to a wired connection but it just does not work.

I have been disconnected due to inactivity sometimes. And the only other instance was when my internet went down. The only problems that I recently encountered, all came from Central City.

Rendering Issue

Taking on the first mission, "Can't Stop." There is sometimes a rendering issue with the Flash. Usually takes a few seconds to clear up.

Two Zooms are better than one

I did some leveling up with one of my villain characters. I made my way to Central City and was taken aback by two Professor Zooms.

Mini Paradox Reapers

I don't know what their actual name is. But during the "Disturbance in the Speed Force" mission. Every single one of those miniature paradox reapers all just kept flowing / phasing into the ground. I tried to get at them. But it was no use.

That's all I can think of for right now.
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

I played FFXIV on PS3 and the PS4 graphic interface and UI update was well worth buying a PS4. I had already preordered Assassins and Dragon Age along with Destiny before they came out. Yea I also played Shadow of Mordor which was great too.

Right now having a PS3 is good too for PS+ members with all the free games, and thats probably a big reason people are still waiting to switch.

FFXIV can only afford this because they have over 4 million subscribers that pay 13$ a month for the game along with their PS3 population dropping under 10% from last october. Compared to DCUO 19% from last november.

I am really interested in how DCUO is gonna do the server merger and how different in game setting will affect gameplay( i.e base item max limit, chat tabs, etc)
  8. MrBeefCakes New Player

Ummm no on knows what's the new deal information is and what? Never heard that one.
  9. Ch3wtobacco New Player

I play just fine on ps3 and will continue to do so...
  10. just an honest dps New Player

well you will be surprised.
  11. akaivy Dedicated Player

Sorry, I haven't been on in a few days.

Right now, ps3 and pc players cannot play together. That will be changing shortly, perhaps April or sooner. No one knows at this point what that will be like.