Shouldn´t "Rage" be "Hard Light" too?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by williamsheridan, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Facepalm... i cant even almost tell you how many things are wrong with this....not even remotely almost
  2. psi-knight New Player

What is wrong. Heroes have the green lantern HARDLIGHT powerset, so why call the powerset will when you can use the phrase Green Lantern? OR is it because you just do not like it? The powersets are not based on the WILL or FEAR corps, but the Green Lantern and SINESTRO corps.
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I was referring to your suggestion to have the powers renamed to Hardlight [Fear] etc. It would not work because those powers do more than create constructs, which I know you have already mentioned. If the powers were to be renamed the only logical choices would be Fear and Will (or Willpower).

All of the no. "Green Lantern" is not a power. Will is the name of the green portion of the Light spectrum, and you use a ring to harness that Will, so yes Will does count as a power name.
  4. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Sigh...the point was for Rage and Light to have names that show that they are both based on the same premise (which they are). SO Will/Fear and Rage is already perfect. They need to still be named like Powers so naming them after an organization doesnt make any sense, hell it would make more sense to called them "Power Ring Will/Fear" but we arent sliding down that slope because we are trying to be optimum. Will/Fear and Rage is the best possible solution and is how it should have been the very 1st time
  5. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Look at the beginning i suggested "Hardlight [Will] [Fear]" as the least likely but still better than what we have suggestion okay? The option that i wanted then and still want now is Fear/Will and Rage. Please tell me you understand this statement better than psi
  6. psi-knight New Player

@Jafin, @Drake Malice: I was joking. The thread is dumb anyways. I personally do not care what the name of the lantern powerset is, because I do not care about using those powersets. It means nothing to me what they are named, so I choose to disagree with all suggestions because it does not mean anything to me what they are named.

My favorite Heroes are Batman and Robin/Nightwing for DC, and Captain America and Iron Man for Marvel. Y'know Heroes that make sense in REAL LIFE.

MY point for this topic is that Hardlight and Rage are not powersets that are the same and should not be considered under the same name.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Of course I do, that was the whole point I was trying to convey.
  8. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Nobody believes you. You cannot undo the absurdity that you have already brought upon yourself
  9. psi-knight New Player

Feel free not to. IT does not change the fact that I think the lantern powersets in this game are stupid and I will never use them again.
  10. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Good for you, your lack of contributions to the well-being of the game at large have been noted
  11. Saybro Committed Player

YAAAAY!
  12. psi-knight New Player

I am going to say, they have not announced a regular light powerset, so for now, I see no reason to change anything.
  13. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Um, last I checked, Red Lanterns primarily use blood in their attacks, with constructs only being a weapon utilized by two: Rankorr and Dex Starr (in the comics). As for in-game, there aren't a lot of constructs in the power trees. I'm a Rage user and most of my powers involve spewing napalm blood and using rage-focused attacks (the only constructs I use involve a chain and blades).
  14. MrB Dedicated Player

NURSE!!!! Get these people some DC comics stat.

But really read the comics or at least wiki pages about the lanterns and what they stand for/ how they work. After that we can talk about if the names are fitting or if they should be changed.
  15. psi-knight New Player

I am not even going to bother. I do not see any practical benefit to changing the names to something more fitting. If we read comics, do they tell us THE NAME of a given powerset? NO, they do not. The names are pretty much pointless but are given and are there so both sides can select the power. Changing light right now may not likely happen, so I "disagree" with both of Drake Malice's suggestions simply because I do not blindly support changing them at this time. Especially calling all lantern-based powers HARDLIGHT [emotion].
  16. psi-knight New Player

Also (Because I cannot edit now), did anyone not think that they just chose light to stick with the way the other powers were named? Seems to make sense that they had nothing else to name it without breaking that tread.