Leonard Nimoy Dies

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by dngnb8, Feb 27, 2015.

1. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Leonard Nimoy, Actor, Director, and 'Star Trek' Icon, Dies at 83

By Ethan Alter 5 minutes ago

I Am Not Spock proclaimed the title of Leonard Nimoy's 1975 autobiography, in which the veteran actor tried to distinguish himself from his most iconic role, as Star Trek's emotionless half-human, half-Vulcan science officer. Twenty years later, he published a follow-up entitled, I Am Spock, in which the actor-director warmly embraced his pointy-eared alter ego. Like it or not, Nimoy — who passed away on Feb. 27 at the age of 83 from end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease — was Spock to generations of sci-fi fans, so much so that when J.J. Abrams rebooted the franchise in the 2009 blockbuster, Nimoy was the one original cast member he made sure to bring back.</snip>

[IMG]

------

I always have been, and always will be, your fan.

Best Commercial ever

• Like x 16
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

RIP to the most human Vulcan in the galaxy.
    • Like x 6
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

:(

Rest in peace, good sir.
    • Like x 1
  4. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

That is really sad news :(
    RIP

PS:
    This goes for me too.
    • Like x 2
  5. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

Thank you Mr. Nimoy. RIP.
    • Like x 1
  6. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Funhouse mourns the loss of Mr. Leonard Nimoy
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  7. Faust74 Loyal Player

It put a smile on my face when I heard his voice on Seaman. It was small part, but still it was very cool.

• Like x 2
  8. Davis New Player

We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet it should be noted that in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human.

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  9. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

R.I.P. Mr. Spock!

LLAP,

IA ARMY
  10. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Very sad....very very sad.
    Leonard is a man that will live forever through his work. A childhood hero of mine that I never outgrew, nor did I wish too.
  11. Malachyte Devoted Player

Funny that you posted that. I remember seeing that in the movie theater with my Dad, I was 10 at the time and I cried like a baby when Spock died and especially when Kirk gave that Eulogy.

To this day, that scene still gives me the grapefruit in the throat feeling...

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Trinidad James Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  14. Ttritons-Ryft Level 30

Today is the most depressing day in history. :(

-raises a toast to spock- Live long and prosper well in your afterlife Nimoy.
    • Like x 2
  15. Will Power Loyal Player

Rest in Peace Mr Spock.
    [IMG]
    Anyone who owns any pictures like this with Mr Leonard Nimoy's Autograph just became rich men.
    • Like x 1
  16. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

RIP Leonard Nimoy. I'm hoping JJ Abrams does a full blown Vulcan Funeral for the original Spock in the next movie. #Respect
  17. DoctorSyndrome Dedicated Player

............................................I am at a loss for words...............................................:(.
  18. c6relic New Player

I was reading a blog posted by the devs for Star Trek Online from my facebook wall about their new revamp to Sector Space, I was reading alot of comments asking for a Spock Memorial, I was confused at first, but then a few minutes later, read that Nimoy had passed away.

This sucks dude, but no one can say he didn't live life to it's fullest, even in his later years when he could've just enjoyed retirement, he was still actively involved with the fans, the conventions, the movies and the games.
  19. Dynagirl Committed Player

2nd star to the right and straight on till morning Mr Spock.:(
    • Like x 3
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Sadly time never stops, making all things age and pass on.

In time all the greats will be gone, this day happened to be his time.

I can't find the right or any words to express my feelings. :(

Live long and prosper old friend.