Time bomb not working properly

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Wiezzler, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Wiezzler New Player

As you can see in this video my time bomb hits for its base damage after using a 3 pi setup started with warp barrage.. Many others are having the same issue.

2. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Ya had a good run kid but celestial is almost updated so what was uber strong just magically lost some strength. No of course it hasn't been altered but it's about time to get those tokens ready.

The quantum population is already starting to decrease while the celestial population is starting to rise.
  3. Requake Dedicated Player

It seems quantum is still viable. Still see -normally- dead dps do good numbers with quantum. Idk, as the person before me said, celestial is coming up. DC is getting ready ! :)
  4. thedemonocus Loyal Player

good then true quantum players like me will be left alone,i was quantum long before it got its am and i will always have my quantum toon same with my gadgets toon
    • Like x 2
  5. SumtegWong New Player

I've been a Quantum for over a year now and I have to say thank you for AM.. for 2 reasons.. 1st my fingers thank you no more clicking like crazy and 2nd my mouse thanks you for give it a longer life spam..
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Quantum only has two PIs that is can apply, one in the Time tree and one in the Space tree. Done of the powers in the Space tree do additional damage with one of Electricity's PIs though. If you are trying to use the Quantum AM, only powers from the Time tree work with it, and they still work great.
  7. Wiezzler New Player

Still waiting for a reply on this video and of any possible fix.
  8. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

BTW, this isn't "New" and didn't "magically appear" this was an issue on test center and has been an issue since it released.
  9. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Quantum's AM isn't multiple power interactions (PIs), as I said above, it can only apply two. How the AM works is, you launch Time Bomb and any damage you do with powers from the Time tree between then and when it explodes is added to the explosion. When Time Bomb explodes, you also get power back for the moves used that qualify. If you are using the AM right and still having problems, I suggest posting in the bug report forum and submitting the issue on the bug report tool too. Be sure to include what server you are on, because it might just be a server specific issue. The AM has been working fine for me on USPS, for me anyway.

P.S. I noticed a typo in my post above, but is too late to edit. It should be "Some of the powers in the Space tree".
  10. Wiezzler New Player

Several others on USPS have noticed this issue, and yes technically you have a 2 pi setup, because I don't believe dw is technically a pi. I call it a pi to save time.
  11. StealthBlue Loyal Player

There is no "set up" for this AM outside of throwing Time Bomb. Just do damage with Time powers before it explodes. If you look at what from the Time tree applies the PI, and what gets extra damage from it, you can get a bigger bonus from using you powers in the right order, but you are still only using one PI. I personally see any power from the Space tree as a waste while using the AM, and I've I've been overpowering content I'm under geared for.
  12. Wiezzler New Player

Ya I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just stating that a lot of people are having the time bomb not get the loop damage. Also warp reality is a good power to use, but other than that I agree about the waste.
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Are you having the problem with Time Bomb? It might just be people not understanding how it works.

Warped realty might be a good power, but it's excluded from the AM damage and the power back mechanic. So every time you use it, you loose power and time towards getting extra damage for the AM. I don't understand why someone would want to use it.
  14. Agnetta Dedicated Player

You don't necessarily lose time if you clip one of the time powers with warped reality. I do notice an awkward pause going from warped reality to another power though. I tried using it a few times, but I don't use it anymore. The only point of using it is because tachyon blast does more damage to graviton charged enemies.
  15. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I just dusted off my quantum character last week and started leveling him. I'll admit, I didn't look at the Space tree because of the AM, but is Warped Reality a damaging power or just a stun in DPs? Also, I don't remember seeing that about tachyon blast, but if it's true, it would be a good idea for a consumable to add into my rotation if I can find the name for that one.
  16. Wiezzler New Player

Technically it's supposed to give you a increase strike chance, but I believe it really just gives you a couple extra dots... You can also use it for clipping. and the consumable would be dazing devices.
  17. Agnetta Dedicated Player

I think the only thing warped reality does is graviton charge enemies.
  18. Wiezzler New Player

But even if it's not buffing any damage you can use it the clip. Obviously if your of the opinion that it doesn't increase your damage you should just use temp extortion.
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

From my understanding, powers like Warped Reality apply to weapon attacks. Reading the first line "Imbue your attacks with quantum energy", all you powers are already quantum energy, so it would have to be referring to weapon attacks.

I'd missed the buff part in temporal extortion, I guess I stopped reading after "restoring power"

Fyi, the consumable for the Space tree PI is Graviton Accelerators. I think the extra damage from PIs only matters if at least one of the PIs is active on a target (except for the multiple PI AM). But if they do stack, you could use Graviton Accelerators and/or Polarizing Mechanisms for extra damage on Tachyon Blast since you should already have the Time PI active.
  20. Absolix Loyal Player

Warped Reality gives a chance to proc might based damage that applies the Graviton Charged PI. Its more like Gadgets' Intimidation, no crit buff and can proc off of both weapon attacks and damage from powers.

The damage is pretty good, and it, Gravity Well, Temporal Vortex, and Robot Sidekick are the choices for any loadout spots not taken by Time Bomb and the Time powers used to load Time Bomb.

Personally, I use Warped Reality and switch it for Temporal Vortex when my supercharge is full, use it on some adds, then switch Warped Reality back in.