USPC - Influx of Spam Healing?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I love healing. I may not always be the highest on healing out, but I pride myself being 3rd or 4th in damage with the lowest power in. I'm not trying to DPS, that's just how it works out.

I've tried to train a league mate to be Celestial healer. He emptied his power bar in 10 seconds precasting heals that are meant to be reactive. He said it was because he was clipping heals with other powers because I had told him that sometimes, you have to clip heals when solo healing.

I don't know how many times I've seen an electric healer precast Galvanize for the tiny HoT when they are just going to cast it again when players are at 90%.

I still think Sorcery is one of the biggest culprits of power spamming and it should be one of the most energy efficient.
    • Like x 2
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yep, this is the one I'm seeing people spam the most. My girlfriend is a sorcery healer, and we have another league-mate who is also a sorcery healer. They are both very power efficient.

The former league-mate I mentioned previously (in another post) was a sorcery healer, and she was almost always at 5% power. It was beyond frustrating.
  3. Real2TM Well-Known Player

Lately I have been pushing out more power in healing than anyone on my team or pretty close to it. I am now running in Bug form and use hive mind so I have more flexibility of spamming heals when needed since it gives me back power I am spending and is not causing my teammates to suffer from my power usage. I usually just need POT and an occasional recharge to keep going. When I run outside of Bug form I am usually the lowest with power in because I know how to manage my power and not ashamed to pop sodas when needed.

However I have seen some healers just spamming the living hell out of their powers and draining their power bars when its not needed but I would like to think its because they feel the pressure of solo healing and not wanting to get kicked or just trying to counter heal a telegraphed boss attack. Either way if you heal and are always below 15% power when no heals are required you should probably ask yourself how you can change and improve this. Not that spamming power is not needed because there are times I go on a 15 seconds healing spam (due to high damage coming into the whole group) but just manage it wisely.
    • Like x 1
  4. Club Idiot New Player

Yep, count me in as a healer who has had to spam my powers more lately. It's usually because of 1 dps who decides to tank everything or just sit in an aoe. Since the last dlc dropped, almost every pug I have done has had one (both alerts and raids).
    • Like x 3
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

I see alot of sorcery healers constantly spamming insta heal and the big 8 man heal, when everyone's health bar is full.
    • Like x 1
  6. Real2TM Well-Known Player

LOL YES!! I even call out Cerberus spitting fire and call out the DPS's name to roll out and they still
    "Pew Pew Pew... ahhhhh I died freaking healer!"

Obviously I am exaggerating with that quote but I like to think that's what goes through their mind.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

The op just doesn't understand the healing role.

If it looks like they are 'spamming' powers and you're whole group is at full health, they were healing you, and their power wasn't compensated.
    If they only healed when you were near death you'd say they weren't healing enough. It'd be like a troll casting pot or using power when everyone was almos dead
    or a tank only pulling adds when they hit someone on the team.

Power costs are higher in high tiered gear, and all healing types are different.
    The misnomer that nature healers have some infinite well of power is also false.
    Nature heals in insect form can reduce power usage but in general it takes more heals to get someones bar up from lower health quickly as nature then say, electricity, outside of a crit, and when solo healing we have to watch the most important players.
    The idea of dual healing with different types is less for power over writes and more for synergy.
    bursting the whiny dps in cerebrus' fire at the wrong time can result in not enough heals to the tank.

Fire tanks health still bounce up and down so rapidly that it's never quite simple
    Rage tanks seem to have nearly infinite pools of health at times
    Ice tanks have been stunned and de shielded more during this content then ever.
  8. Teezax New Player

Well as a high end sorcery healer, and for the most part solo healing the new raids, yes I find myself spam healing. This is new content, and with new content comes trial and error. There are a lot of mechanics in these new raids with plenty of room for people to mess up. So to compensate for people standing in ****, not killing the right adds, etc, comes more heals.
    • Like x 2
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I understand it well enough to know that there is no need to use an entire power bar healing damage when the tank is taking very little damage and the rest of the group is taking no damage. My girlfriend, who is one of the best healers I've played with (yes, I'm biased, but league-mates have said the same), rarely gets below 75% power when healing. If she feels like other healers are making a mockery of the role, that's enough verification for me to know they do not know what they're doing.

Even when we have stupid DPS/trollers/tanks in raids, I don't think I've ever seen my girlfriend empty her power bar. To see other healers spamming powers at the level I'm seeing it at with is absolutely ridiculous.
    • Like x 3
  10. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Then only have your girlfriend heal for you.

It sounds like you are just trying to throw anecdotal evidence around and blanket it on top of every healer on the USPC population. I don't even play there, but if you feel so negatively and its gotten that bad, it sounds like you've got a healer.
    • Like x 1
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

She's been running as her controller because we don't have enough controllers in the league. And I never said it was every healer in the population. I said it was a lot of healers I've been running with lately. Maybe I have bad luck. Maybe my league-mate who has experienced the same lately also has bad luck. We're seeing it so often, though, that it feels like the norm instead of a fluke. It used to be rare to run with healers who over-healed to this extent, but lately it has been commonplace for us. :-{
  12. HealerT New Player

I will say this. As sorcery i very rarely run out of power, even with only 1 troll in the raid. When i do run out of power its usually because a dps or more suddenly believe they are tanks. I only heal when the health bars start dropping and its becoming more and more that dps's and sometimes even trolls think that 2 feet from the tank is the place to fight. thank goodness for league runs where everyone knows where to stand....
  13. Rammy Well-Known Player

In post 9 on the front page the op posted a video. He is complaining that he's seeing more and more people healing that badly not blaming everyone. This has been happening just as much on USPS and I doubt it's just these 2 servers.
    • Like x 3
  14. HealerT New Player

Im not sure if i should agree or disagree lol
    As sorcery i use less power than anyone in the group most of the time. i use my weapon for regen and heal when needed. Like i said i am rarely without power and if i am there is a reason for it. Sorcery simply does not use the amount of power as the other power sets.
  15. That_Guy New Player

When i find myself having to spam, the troll usually is already on the mic yelling about how i'm healing stupid and then the kicking starts and the tears flow. If i'm going a little heavy, sometimes i get lost in the chaos (pugs) but a friendly watch your power /save some of that juice will snap me right back into non nurse mode
  16. Prosser Dedicated Player

soooo much galvanize there :oops:
    • Like x 1
  17. not_again Dedicated Player

I am going to assume this person in the video is new to electricity and has no idea how the power works. Not sure if that means everyone on a server is spamming though
    • Like x 1
  18. StopPerving Dedicated Player

I must admit... I've seen a few healers empty their power bar as of late (Watching them is a habit born out of being a troll fulltime).

Maybe that's cos I'm at about half health as a rage tank.. with 20 adds around me, a few powers popped and 4k+ dom :D. Have actually mentioned once or twice in groups not to try get me to full if there's a ton of adds about
    • Like x 1
  19. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

the only time I've had to spam and clip my heals is when I am having to keep people alive during the forge master fight in halls of hades. It's only when the Smiths come out to play is when stuff gets interesting for me because if I messed up any of my clips most of the people would have died. Stubborn groups have me running 1 tank 5 DPS and 2 trolls with me solo healing when I KNOW it goes smoother with two tanks. I once had a pug group go in with that same set up we wiped a few times. I wasn't healing that time (which is rare) so I ended up having to switch back to healer to be the second healer for the group. We ended up getting past Forge with just 1 tank 2 trolls 4 DPS and 2 heals.

So what that tells me maybe at certain instances heals may actually NEED to spam heals because it seems some parts want to encourage 2 healers. However I noticed that still most parts of this dlc can still be done with 1 heal so idk why these other healers are spamming for. I kinda wished they'd encourage two heals too.
  20. Prosser Dedicated Player

I think a lot of people are really getting the wrong idea of what the OP is saying. He isn't talking about healers spamming to keep people alive that are just idiots, he's talking about healers that are just spamming heals when there is zero point to do so.

Did anyone watch that video he posted? the healer is just hitting galvanize every time someone takes an ounce of dmg, heck pretty sure I saw a few casts where no one was damaged at all. During that fight, even at gear level, you could heal that with ease. With my elec healer, I could hit electrogenesis (HoT) and then just bioelectric surge (burst heal) when you need, only time you would use galv is when suddenly everyone has taken a bunch of dmg, but even there there are better options.
    • Like x 5