Roll back Cheater toons to Feb 3rd & return replays: it's fair

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TKMcClone, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vampirebit Well-Known Player

No qualms are given
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. ILike2Vape Well-Known Player

I've been playing for over four years have only one toon so no, not EVERYONE did it.
    • Like x 5
  3. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I don't think you cheated Gunny, you could have got drops from the first two bosses and not beat Hades.
    I think you have too much integrity to cheat.

But there needs to be repercussion for those that did cheat
    • Like x 6
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I don't know if he did or not, if he did it legit he should definitely keep all his gear.

If what was said by another member that the Elite head only drops from defeating Hades though is true and many of the people in his league have it, then they should have their gear stripped and receive a ban. He should also have it stripped if he was in any of those runs with them.

Same goes for the one guy in my league who has an elite head piece... If it only drops off Hades, then he should lose his gear and anyone who was in the raid with him should lose theirs too along with a 5 day break from the game.
    • Like x 5
  5. Jamie New Player

I agree. If someone follows the T's & C's and reports such a glitch the dev's should either fix it the glitch right away or shut down the instance until it can be fixed. It's almost like the dev's let the glitches continue until a certain amount of replay badges are spent.
  6. Gunny New Player

Fester, gear will not be pulled individually.

Its just not going to happen on a case by case basis where they have people sit down and examine each individual player. They might look at a few extreme individual cases, sure.... but for the most part if anything is going to be done, it WILL blanket legitimate players. It has happened in the past, and will continue to do so. To datamine that much on each player to determine who glitched and who didn't, then make a glitch-exclusive punishment is going to be incredibly tedious and well beyond the point of too much resources invested for it to be worth it. They don't even do that with screw-ups on THEIR end!

Remember the MoT cap issue that happened with the release of AF1? The mark cap was supposed to be raised to somewhere around 150k, but in reality, it was set at 60k or so still. Anyone who went to cash in Reality marks were screwed out of those MoT. It wasn't resolved on a case by case basis. It was resolved by "if you cashed in at least this on this day, you got X marks". It was a blanket fix.

-------------------------------

I suspect, if anything will happen, they'll look for the most extreme offenders, and they will receive severe consequences. Then they'll look at probably some people who did it probably over 10 times or whatever arbitrary number they come up with, and they'll receive some sort of a slap on the wrist. Anyone else will likely remain unaffected - which yes, will mean that there will be people that did glitch, but didn't do it enough times and flew under the radar. That's if they even do hand any punishments out.

There also may be special exceptions, where people seen that the devs noticed the glitch and announced the shutdown, then went and "got their money's worth" before the shutdown of the raid occured - probably because its entirely possible those raids were shadowed by the devs and those people were caught red-handed.
  7. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Mepps already explained that it was pulled as quickly as they could and why it took until Monday...
    • Like x 3
  8. Gokaigerbay New Player

I mean #1 easiest away is to look at all the OP Mask (elite) holders which is like 100+ from what someone said on the database site.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Still doesn't let those who knowingly exploited the glitch off the hook. They too are responsible for their actions and whatever consequences result from those actions.
    • Like x 2
  10. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

The fact that the ToS is redundant and worthless is exactly why it SHOULD be enforced. I think now especially because of how blatant it all was. No one is going to believe in any consequences unless they see evidence of it themselves.

I have tried my best to neither accuse anyone (though I do have suspicions, like everyone else) nor to say how they should be punished. But I do think that Punishment is need for the cheaters.

And I want to repeat that. Punish the CHEATERS. Anyone who earned the gear legitimately should NOT be punished in anyways. I think that is why I am not in favor of changing the IL of elite gear in general. Would it balance things. Yes. But you do so at the expense of people who are innocent of cheating. They got their gear legitimately and should be proud of what they have.

And I think THAT really is why I am so adamant that cheaters be punished. Glitching to get 101 gear marginalizes people who earned it legitimately. People no longer see having 101 gear as an accomplishment because FAR too many got it via cheating. And that should never be.
    • Like x 7
  11. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Since I can't access the original posting anymore.. but it is referenced in another thread I found located here:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-lockout-for-raid-walk-in-teleporters.204800/

[IMG]

Note. It says intended. Hell.. before they changed it the first time, you got gear too.
    • Like x 5
  12. Tazpocalpse Well-Known Player

So you are comparing walk-ins to groups forming raids with the intent to exploit glitches for the top gear in the game? Terrible comparison i give your post a 1.

I don't know about anyone else but, everytime one of the "i didn't cheat but i'm a cheerleader for the glitchers" posts their drivel about getting away with cheating the whole time entitles them to continue cheating with no consequences motivates me to want something done about this even more than ever.
    • Like x 6
  13. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

oddly enough... i got a $10 ticket for jaywalking about 5 years ago
    • Like x 6
  14. FESTER665 Devoted Player

If a group beat Hades, they were glitching the content. Do you agree with that?
    Take the entire group that beat Hades, all 8 people in the instance. Strip them of their 101 gear and ban them for 5 days.

If a player had 10 million damage out and next to no damage/healing in they were glitching the content. Do you agree with that?
    Take that entire group, strip them of 101 gear and ban them for 5 days.

If someone has the feat for not dying in the elite raid, they were glitching the content. Do you agree with that?
    Take that entire group, strip them of their 101 gear and ban them for 5 days.

If what that player said is true and only Hades drops the elite head, are you going to say everyone in your league ran it legit? I'm sure they have other ways to check what runs might have been glitched. Maybe time of completion. Maybe by certain pieces of gear only dropping off certain NPCs.

Anyone who ran it legit should have no problems with them going back and punishing those who glitched it. Actually, I would have thought those people would be the most up in arms about the glitchers.
    • Like x 10
  15. Gunny New Player

Let me spell this out.

What you guys are asking for has NEVER been done in the game. Not that asking for it is a bad thing, but you are now also saying that those punishments (which haven't been done before), should also be specific punishments for specific offenders on a case-by-case basis without affecting anyone who legitimately earned their gear or feats - something else that has never been done.

I don't disagree with you, but im answering the door reality is knocking on. Its just not going to happen that way. There will be no punishments, or there will be grouped or tiered punishments depending on severity at best. Even if you stripped gear, then what? Buy replacements with marks, and enjoy the fact they still have the styles/feats, which other people will still be grinding to get after the next DLC drops? Or are you going to ask them to strip feats too - a THIRD thing that's never been done.

I understand people are angry and some seek justice done. Its just really.... given everything that's happened in the past, how exactly can they go about doing it in a logical, fair, professional manner that they also have the capability of doing?
  16. Gunny New Player

TKMcClone, you best take that ticket and mount it on a wall.

Or you could have fought it. No cop will show up to court for a jaywalking ticket haha.
  17. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

I think that is what everyone is waiting to see. Because really something needs to be done as the game can't continue like this.
    • Like x 5
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I just gave three easy examples for you.....

Just because they never did anything before doesn't mean they shouldn't start now because a bunch of people got caught with their hands in the proverbial cookie jar.

If they're able to differentiate the players who glitched it from those who didn't then they should punish those players accordingly.
    • Like x 11
  19. KidMidnight Loyal Player

If you're going to do something bad you should be prepared to deal with the consequences if you get caught.

If the players who initially rediscovered this variation on the old clown box glitch had any sense of cool they would have kept it to themselves. Instead they lost their cool and chose to 'share' that information with anybody willing to listen...even going as far as broadcasting the glitch on live stream.

The result was that players who wanted to run the Throne content straight up or who had time constraints had their own progress and game time interrupted. The same thing happened when FOS2 was being glitched, the same thing happened when Prime was being exploited, the same thing happened when people were using the clown box in Paradox and it happened again now. Players who enjoy the game without resorting to exploits pay for subscriptions, market place transactions and replay badges too.

This reminds me of the money glitch more than anything else. At first it seemed innocent, only a few players were in on it, everyone shared in the wealth...but then it grew out of control and as players began dealing with the repercussions of their actions the rest of us had to deal with a broken game.

It's not about player integrity. not anymore. I'm biased in the devs favor. I love DC Comics, I love the game. I love being able to bring my characters to life. its like having my own personal cartoon that i get to write. I want the game to succedd and have a long healthy life...but this goes beyond that now. This is now about the dev teams integrity. Players are running around the game saying that the dev team (Mepps specifically) tipped them off to this glitch to sell replays. At some point down the road reality is going to set in and the devs are going to be looking for work elsewhere. Its a fact. nothing lasts forever. Everyone involved in creating this game is going to have to go on their reputations to further their careers. They can either choose to be known as the guys who kept a little game going for X amount of years despite all odds or they can be known as the guys who do sleazy things to get a buck. Its on them now.
    • Like x 9
  20. Flightboy New Player

Actually, if memory serves S. Gotham PVE Legends glitched feats upon released were stripped. So you could be wrong there or maybe I am?
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.