Roll back Cheater toons to Feb 3rd & return replays: it's fair

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TKMcClone, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ermike Committed Player

I actually agree. I do not think a ban is necessary. Just roll it back or upscale the gear. A ban is too harsh and unprecedented. While I agree this glitch sux and ruins the dlc.. its easily fixable. Just roll it back or upscale to cr102. Done
    • Like x 1
  2. Kai El Well-Known Player

This was very difficult to read because of the grammar but I got the gist of it. Glitches have been in this game since day one so the fact the Devs would do something about it now when nothing in the past just proves my point that they are catering to the minority of the players who are complaining in this thread.

People complained about PVP - look at that now. People complained about WM - look at that now... we have AM. It's unfortunate.
    • Like x 1
  3. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I agree it's unprecedented, and feel that's why the gear should be stripped and only temp bans given out.... Then let it be known from this point forward glitching will result in __ day ban for the first offense, a second offense gets you a perma-ban.
    • Like x 3
  4. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

Perhaps those honest players were gearing up with 99/100 gear before they tried the raid. To this day, NO HAS BEATEN ELITE THRONE LEGIT with video proof.

Why would losing a bunch of people who couldn't beat it legit matter to those who perhaps didn't try it? The idea that we need to keep these players so we can beat elite Throne is complete bs.......the cheaters couldn't beat Throne, that is why they glitched it.

Also, allowing cheaters to stay in order to avoid nerd threads is a terrible justification.

Please stop now before you embarrass yourself.
    • Like x 6
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Yep, but it don't change what i saw
  6. Jamie New Player

If we look at what has happened in the past we can make a reasonable assumption that nothing will be done to anyone that exploited the glitch. The developers have highlighted known cheaters before and gave them praise rather than shunning and banning them like they should have done.

As many times as the dev's have cheated the player base there is no reason to punish players that use exploits that are built into them game. The dev's do not have the moral high ground so they should not act like they do by banning people that also do not have the moral high ground. I have not run this content yet since I do not have access to it but I do not blame anyone for exploiting the living h@$l out of this game simply for the way the dev's have exploited the player base.
    • Like x 2
  7. FESTER665 Devoted Player

No, I'm saying honest good players shouldn't need the glitch and should be happy to see those who exploited the content issued temporary bans.

I've kicked MAYBE 5 people from instances the entire time I've played the game. If they don't know their roles then the league will talk them through it. If they still don't want to listen we will still usually just power through the instance, if they keep doing something like overwriting PoT after they've been asked multiple times might earn them a kick.

I can't remember how many people I've explained raids to in my years of playing.
    • Like x 2
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

You should have taped it, coulda made a mint selling it
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The community are just letting the devs off the hook. The devs allowed the glitch to happen, as soon as it was reported DBG should have shut it down
    • Like x 1
  10. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

None of what you are saying has any real connection to the glitching done in Throne.

Your entire argument against punishment is that punishing the people will be catering to the casual unskilled player. That is total BS. Punish the players because the cheated. Punish the players because they asked for an elite raid with special gear and the Devs gave it to them only for those players to cheat it. Punish the players because they violated the ToS. Punish the players because some of them are on these forums taunting the Devs stating that nothing will be done.

People will complain about everything and anything. That is not justification for non action. I would rather see people calling for nerds than bragging about cheating.
    • Like x 2
  11. hoaxone Committed Player

Who knows what the pistol glitch was at launch? Name the move.....go
  12. Kai El Well-Known Player

Your opening statement is Heresay. Losing the people who cheated is not the point I'm making - you're missing the big picture. Anybody who has played this game KNOWS that glitches have been in the game since day one. It goes all the way back to when Khandaq was hot. To my knowledge, nothing was ever happened to those players. A lot of "skilled" players have left the game due to changes done with PVP, how raids are conducted, etc. The majority of people who have complained for these changes have not been playing since day one - IMO, it's those who are trying desperately to catchup to those who have been playing since day one & don't want to go through to grind like longer players have. They want to be carried - this is another example of that.

The veteran players, IMO, wont leave the game just based of the fact that glitchers were banned, rollbacked, etc. They'll leave because of how the Devs would easily roll over & start banning people now because players are upset that have gear that they don't - regardless of how they got it. No backbone on their part if that happens. Say if no one gets banned, and the "honest" players start leaving - those players are minority & most of them couldn't get through the content in the first place. There are so many players in this game now, it's mindblowning to me, who are High CR and don't know what POT is... How to hold aggro... How not to powerspam heals. This is the minority of the players on here who are complaining about this & it's very sad. It's sucks that this glitch happened - but glitches happen.
  13. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Not everyone asked for an elite raid and I don't give a crap that they cheated.

I really don't care.

The next dlc will have better gear and everyone is being so sandy/salty about people 'obtaining their gear that will be outdated in 3 months illegitimately'

With a glitch or with replay badges people will always gear up quickly in ways you don't like.
  14. Cirocband New Player

Omg the devs destroyed weapon mastery! I'm pretty sure, in the future, every power is gonna be AM or combos now...no point of weapons. Smh
    • Like x 1
  15. Kai El Well-Known Player

Then punish everyone who glitched Khandaq. Punish everyone who glitched all the BCs. FOS. Vengeance. Black Dawn. Nexus. Paradox. Assault & Battery. Punish ALL those players then.

Why do it now if nothing happened then? My point exactly. If anything happens now, it's because people complained enough & the Devs catered to them. It's only a matter of time before players start complaining Throne is too difficult, nerf it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kai El Well-Known Player

In four years playing, you've only ever kicked 5 people from an instance? I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that.
    • Like x 1
  17. FESTER665 Devoted Player

So your entire argument is since nobody was banned for glitching the door in Khandaq 4 years ago that nobody should ever be banned for exploiting a glitch?

To me that just means they're long overdue with taking a stand with people exploiting their content, not that they should never do anything about it. Why not just toss the ToS out the window if that's the case.
    • Like x 10
  18. Lightws Dedicated Player

Losing people ingeneral is a bad investment.
  19. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Sorry, I'm not a total jerk and don't mind teaching new people how to play the game if asked and they're willing to listen.

Refuse to believe it all you'd like.
    • Like x 7
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

lol. You just said you're going to sue. If you tried, then it would be a court. And, as Astral Lantern said, you'd have no case since you broke the ToS. :rolleyes:

Given the nature of the game, I find this phrasing highly amusing. Tell me, do you play as a hero? :p

But, just to be clear, we may not be able to tell you how to play, but the game company can and should enforce its rules.
    • Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.