Reality Check

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Think Logically, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

clearly, my .jpg should be your second...:D
  2. JReel New Player

3. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

^Doh! Smedley!
    Shakes fist
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Money does not give one the right to cheat. Well said. Also those arguing that the cheaters will quit if they are punished overlook the possibility that HONEST players may leave if they are not. It goes both ways.
    • Like x 5
  5. Sebastian Salvatore Active Player

This sounds like "my friends and I have spent way more money than we should have on our accounts... you'd better not ban us".

I hope they do ban you regardless of the potential revenue you might generate for them in the future. You violate the ToS and you get what's coming to you. I understand if it happens once and you stop but to do it over and over...
    • Like x 4
  6. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

FAIL.
  7. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

I could even overlook glitching a raid twice. Once just for curiousity, to see how easy or difficult it is to do, and the second time to record the run so you can send the video to the devs so they have repo steps to hopefully fix and stop the glitch.

In those cases, I am fine with you keeping your gear as I feel you are actually doing a service to the game by trying to get the glitch corrected. But after that, No I am sorry. You got your gear dishonestly, and if you lose it or are banned for it, it is no one's fault but your own. The amount of money you may or may not spend should not make cheating and violating the ToS ok.

If it does what kind of precedent does that send? How much money should I spend on this game so I am entitled to do whatever I want, TOS or not, and not suffer any negative consequences?
    • Like x 4
  8. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  9. EPHEMERAL titan New Player

yes..please tell us to the penny or farthing or euro cent or yen coin or whatever.. (op)..just how much do we need to spend so we can ALL cheat with no consequences...and laugh at the peons who must obey the rules or else...
    • Like x 1
  10. EPHEMERAL titan New Player

Riker falling .. and the topic of discussion...i cant stop laughing and it is all due to you...tyvm ...
    • Like x 1
  11. WayneEnthusiast New Player

Are you also secretly a Dev too? Who has actual numbers to back up your claims? Even if, for argument sake, this is true, what happens when the massive majority of non-whale players quit the game due to letting you guys get away with exploits? I'm sure your massive wallets will cover all the games expenses for all 4 of you right?
    • Like x 1
  12. treehunter904 New Player

iv spent over 10k on this game easily. and ill freely admit iv glitched cuz y not? and i know the person hes talking about who did spend over 2k trying to get rings of op. and saying ppl are losers for spending alot of money on a game is just arrogant, do u know people who buy 40 dollar shirts for the name when they could spend 5 bucks for a no name shirt? do u know people that buy 200 dollar jordans when they can go the payless and spend 30 on shoes that work just fine? i could go on for days to why people spend more money on stuff and the fact is that they like that certain thing. do u spend money on stuff u like? im assuming so. ppl that spend that kind of money on games usually have the means to afford it. not bashing the people that cant just dont hate on the people that can and willingly do. and when you want facts that ppl have spent that much money what do u want a bank statement? to think people havent spent thousands on this game is just ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

Coming from someone that never glitched Throne of the Dead....

Do you think the suits had no clue the glitching was going on? Heck yeah they did and it made them a CRAP load of money too. I highly doubt they're going to punish the players that filled their pockets.

All of the players that switched to Quantum just to be OP, to have the ability to do the glitch, and bought TONS of replays just to gear up quick probably won't be getting punished.

C'mon, lets just be real about this. It sucks yes, but lets just be real. They more than likely will not get punished...just saying.

Now as far as punishment is concerned...if you all sincerely wanna punish these players for what they've done, I suggest this...when you form a raid, inspect the group members. If they have an abundance of 101 gear, just don't run with them. Kick them out your groups. That would be punishment enough...if that's what you all really want to do, but that's all on you. If you really want punishment, you'll have to dish it out YOURSELVES.

Me...I'm just gonna play the game as I always have. Glitches will continue to happen and players will take advantage of them.
    • Like x 1
  14. Zygar Cthulhukin Well-Known Player

Opinion # 2,546 noted, thanks.
    • Like x 10
  15. LightSp33d Well-Known Player

*grabs popcorn*

Here it goes again...
    • Like x 5
  16. Dezaras Loyal Player

While I don't excatly agree that the devs did this on purpose I can kinda see why people would think that, coming off the heels of the botched name reclaim "PS/PC names merge" debacle.

However I fully agree with your closing statement. My only quantum character is still T1 and won't be playing Throne until long after this is (hopefully) resolved.
  17. Errorcode1058 New Player

Profits from Power Respec tokens + profits from Replay Badges = Working as Intended.

Working as Intended = toxic community littered with pseudo elites who will complain on the forums and in chat for 2+ months that there are no challenges in the game = eventual drop in player base and long term profits
    • Like x 2
  18. MrBeefCakes New Player

You can blame USPS for this:)
  19. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

Hey. Hey buddy....

*passes you the popcorn salt*
    • Like x 1
  20. ChuckLess New Player

How many threads are going to be made that say the exact same thing?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.