New DLC Replay Limits

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mint Stiletto, Feb 16, 2015.

1. AgentX44 Committed Player

They should apply something for gear unlocks like how they did SP. To make it more alt friendly.
  2. HersheyKiss New Player

Still not sure why they havent sold shared bank space on the market place. Imo alot would purchase this, i know i certainly would. There are so many things they could add to the market that people would actually spend $ on yet they fail to do it. Its mind boggling imo.
    • Like x 4
  3. AgentX44 Committed Player

Idea to implementation might be a little bit more trickier.
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yep they could do something like that or perhaps a special "Boost your new character to any tier you like* with the all new CR Booster Box".

* Can only jump to that tier if one of your current, undeleted characters has reached that tier. I.e. can't create a new T6 character if you haven't reached T6 yet on any of your other characters.

A special one time purchase for 2000MC that grants you a box which can be opened once your alt reaches Level 30. When opening the box, you're asked to select a starting tier. When chosen, the player is granted 14 pieces of unattuned gear and a codex for any unattuned weapon they have access to (i.e. can they use shield? if not, disable shield as an option), which have an item level that would grant the minimum CR required to participate in your chosen tier's content.

This feature already exists on the test server to boost characters to a specific CR.

Prices market tested, of course.
    • Like x 3
  5. AgentX44 Committed Player

I'd just like to be able to pass the gear. That way it is a legit transfer instead of getting new stuff. But I do agree that you should level the alt to 30 first legit before being able to pass the gear.
    • Like x 1
  6. MrBeefCakes New Player

Destiny has this already and it works perfectly.
  7. Kristyana New Player

The only real advantage I would see here would be that it would slow down the spread of glitching when exploits dropped with new content.

I know a lot of people who will run a few times a day because it's the only time they can run.

I don't see this as anything else but a bandaid, and it's not a very good one at that.
  8. Toren Calduris New Player

I believe the OP's idea would make for a better game, but a less profitable one. Bottom line is if they make less money it will never ever happen. The people in charge are concerned more with profit than the quality of the game. This should surprise no one.
    • Like x 1
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It would help and come in useful if the developers decided to listen to complaints about random loot drops and go with a fair, non-random rewards structure which could be sped up with the use of replay badges. Limiting usage would prevent players from powering through a DLC to the best reward. Which I imagine is one of the biggest factors and reasons we don't use a fair system currently.

I did enjoy your idea in the other thread though. I could warm to that, for sure.
  10. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

NOT… GONNA… HAPPEN!!! The DCUO powers-that-be are perfectly content with a small group of players replaying content dozens of times during the launch window for every DLC.

Simply put, the people who’re willing to spam replay content then leave are more valuable than those who consistently play content over the initial lifetime of any DLC!!!

I’m sure they’ll argue differently and in a perfect world, they’d luv us to not only play daily but spam replays but if they had to pick one, and from how content has been designed (they have), then their choice is easy!!!
  11. zeroman New Player

I do not agree with this idea at all. I give this thread a 1.
  12. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Thanks everyone for the responses.I still stand behind the idea itself but see the need to revise it.
    I would increase the limit to reset raids to once a day instead of once a week and shorten the limited replay to 2 weeks instead of 30 days.

It would almost be like giving the entire legendary and premium player base the means to test new content and find the things that may need a fix.
    They could allow members access for one week and premiums access for the second week.

"DLC20 Live Test starts tomorrow!"
    "All Access members are invited to play DLC20 beginning tomorrow, premium members may purchase and play DLC20 one week from tomorrow for the remainder of the two week live test.
    The live test is a limited replay period. All four and eight man content is limited to one reset per day.
    We look forward to your feedback and help solving any issues that may arise to prepare DLC20 for it's unlimited release.
    We have put a lot of work into making DLC20 one of our best to date and thank you all in advance for any help polishing it up for the full release."
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I disagree that they are more valuable. They are more volatile and dangerous to appeal to. They should be building a game which appeals to the masses, not those who get off on gambling. Because if one of those big spenders who the system appeals to decides to leave the game and during their break they find something better (which lets face it, is not hard in this day and age considering how old DCUO is) then that source of revenue is gone and all they're left with is a game which nobody wants to pay money for because it comes off as a scam.

I'd rather depend on thousands of players paying $10-$30 a month on the game than dozens of players blowing $1000 in the space of a month and then leaving to do something else. Someone spending $10-$30 is easy to replace, if they leave the game. Someone blowing $1000 in a short burst is not.

They are definitely not more valuable but I would definitely agree that DCUO deliberately appeals to their easy money rather than trying to satisfy a broad range of players.
  14. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

I totally agree with you and want to go further. How about those who want to limit replays do so themselves and stop trying to tell others how to spend their money and how often they can replay new content by restricting it the 1st month. DCUO would lose me as well because no other player can tell me how often to replay a Raid because either you can't afford replays and/or you don't have time to grind and you want to prevent my progression because I have both replays and free time. Sorry, Im not buying the whole Quantum glitchers excuse or about high level gear. You play DCUO how you want and I will replay it how I see fit. I can see those who agree with this idea either never had a job and/or never ran a business because this is the dumbest idea I have ever read on this forum and dcuo would lose money.

I don't care if it is the 1st month the new dlc comes out....NO!! on top of that we all don't share the same schedules as what if I am able to play the new dlc the 1st month but can't replay of the new as I have all this free time the 1st month around but because of some replay haters, I can't replay the content that I spent my hard money on via replays. Nope...Im not buying it...like I said b4..Why not restrict yourselves...I don't need the replay badge police dictating to me or devs to restricts replays as soon as a new dlc comes up.

I seriously doubt devs will consider this and I am glad those who agree with this idea are not running dcuo. Whew!!
    • Like x 1
  15. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I see where you are coming from Beefy, what do you think of my compromise then? If you only run the raids and do it on 3 toons this will provide you with the means to run 3 raids per day(or more depending on the DLC raid count). That number doubles on reset days.
    Also I think calling it the "Live Test" will help players to realize it's a shake down cruise.And make them feel like they are helping to perfect the product before it's unlimited release.
    After the two week Live Test everyone can go crazy and replay their brains out in content that hopefully has all the major bugs squashed.

copy/paste in 3..2..1

Thanks everyone for the responses.I still stand behind the idea itself but see the need to revise it.
    I would increase the limit to reset raids to once a day instead of once a week and shorten the limited replay to 2 weeks instead of 30 days.

It would almost be like giving the entire legendary and premium player base the means to test new content and find the things that may need a fix.
    They could allow members access for one week and premiums access for the second week.

"DLC20 Live Test starts tomorrow!"
    "All Access members are invited to play DLC20 beginning tomorrow, premium members may purchase and play DLC20 one week from tomorrow for the remainder of the two week live test.
    The live test is a limited replay period. All four and eight man content is limited to one reset per day.
    We look forward to your feedback and help solving any issues that may arise to prepare DLC20 for it's unlimited release.
    We have put a lot of work into making DLC20 one of our best to date and thank you all in advance for any help polishing it up for the full release."
  16. MrBeefCakes New Player

Perfectly said friend! I love the freedom of replaying anything I want and anytime. Since I'm in school and have quizzes coming I play as much as I can when I can. I don't have the luxury of sitting in front of DCUO all day like some people.

So I spam the new content whenever I can. Plus did we forget who bought soe?
    • Like x 1
  17. MrBeefCakes New Player

Still wouldn't really work since a lot of people I play with play at weird hours and like to spam the raid back to back. Last week has been the first time in awhile that I have had the time to actually sit on DCUO. I replayed the raids about 20 times since last Friday and that includes HOP 1 since I need some styles.

I just hate how people on these forums are always trying to fix something that isn't broken. Look at what happened to PvP, It's pure disappointment now. Replays are fine how they are.
    • Like x 1