Throne of the Dead getting shut off!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Norwegian ninja, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

LOL You are telling me to grow up? Seriously? Don't make me laugh son. You don't see the huge fuss because you have zero integrity and zero honor. Yes, it most certainly DID ruin the game. It's a game breaking glitch that gives players the very best gear and the most difficult feat in LESS THAN A DAY. That most definitely DOES ruin the game. The fact that you can't see how that ruins the game proves you have zero honor whatsoever.

It does NOT matter if its a video game or real life. Honor is in EVERYTHING we do, son, whether it's in our real lives or in a video game we invest some time in. How about you go learn what honor actually is before saying there is none in video games.

Through all your so called claims of honor, all your statements show that you have none. Get some.
    • Like x 2
  2. MrBeefCakes New Player

I honestly can't wait! I miss the old days of dueling on the PvP phase. Now it's a barren wasteland all the time. I'm also excited for the new competition and of course USPC not being as dead:)
  3. MrBeefCakes New Player

Please get of your high horse and stop calling me son. Go back to making post on how this glitch has ruined the game and threatend the devs that your gonna quit if something isn't done.

Maybe you should grow up and stop getting so worked up over a video game. Go get some manners after you read this too.

Have a goodnight:)
  4. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

If they ban people for using the glitch the USPS server is going to be deserted. At least on the villain side as all I have seen today in LFG is about 70-80% shouts for TOD elite groups and needing Quantum dps.

I know it isn't probably the easiest thing to do, but do a roll back to last Thursday or Friday on all toons, or change all 101 cr gear to 98 gear.

I know neither will happen, and to be honest I don't think anything will happen to those that glitched the raid all weekend. The player base even seems to believe nothing will happen to them. I sent tells to a few friends that I saw shouting for Quantum dps for elite runs that they were taking a risk of getting banned, especially with uproar here on the forums.

Their response: they won't ban us, look how much money they are making off us this weekend with replay badges and respec tokens.
  5. Kristyana New Player

I think this perfectly illustrates the problem with the Elite version of the raids. This isn't like the Novice/Normal version of the vanilla raids we have in the free game. The reasoning (according to the developers) behind having Novice versions of the Batcave/Fortress/Khandaq raids was so less skilled players could experience the story of DCUO. This way, less skilled players still got a reduced amount of marks to spend on the same gear that the skilled players could get, and the skilled wouldn't have to have the raid nerfed to the point it was too easy. Fortress 1 and 2 were notorious for this.

There was never as much elitism between the Novice/Normal raids as there now is between the Normal/Elite versions for two reasons - the first is that the best gear was obtainable with marks.

The second is that the people that wanted Elite versions of raids (myself included) wanted them for the same reason we wanted and were happy to get Survival Mode - bragging rights, and a challenge.

Elite raids should never have had rewards that weren't cosmetic - or at the very least, they should have shared the same loot table or maybe rewarded more marks/an increased chance at the same gear of the normal raid.

I've been vehemently against having the best gear drop in raids (with the exception of some accessories like rings, masks, and necklaces) since it was introduced in Origin Crisis because I knew this would happen the second something became exploitable (among other reasons that I've already listed elsewhere). Took a few DLCs for it to happen, but it finally did, and this is the fallout from it.

It may not be feasable or possible to sort through the combat log of hundreds or thousands of players, including those that beat the first few bosses legitimately. Honestly, I would say the best thing that can be done would be to wipe out the advantage that these players were given by glitching - not by taking away their gear, which would hit innocent people, but by buffing the vendor gear to be the equivalent of the Elite gear.

You could even use this to set a precedent for elite raids in the future - you can earn the gear in the elite version of the raid quickly, or you can buy it by grinding out easier content.

Even if the second way to get the best gear is horribly time consuming and grindy, having only one way to obtain the best gear in the game excludes a huge portion of the player base, especially at this level.
    • Like x 12
  6. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

LOL Son, I don't need to get manners. Those who exploit glitches in an MMO for the best gear and hardest feats are the ones who need those. I find it funny you're telling me to grow up when you are encouraging such childish behavior as cheating. Son, you need to grow up and develop some honor and integrity before saying I need to get some manners.

I'm not threatening the devs that I'm gonna quit or anything. Didn't do that with the dox glitch. Not gonna do it here. I'm just not gonna play said content until the issues are fixed and the cheaters are dealt with. I'm not touching Throne with cheaters. In fact, there's only a few players I know who aren't gonna glitch it that I'm willing to run it with. Instead of telling me to get off my high horse, how's about you get off yours and stop encouraging such childish scum behavior.
    • Like x 3
  7. MrBeefCakes New Player

Like I said I don't care since it doesn't affect me. Comprehension is hard these days, I know.

Anyways have a nice night and don't get too worked up over this video game:)
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

No. Rolling back the gear would be removing the 101 gear that glitchers got. Or removing the 101 gear from everyone. Not nerfing the gear.
    • Like x 1
  9. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Yup. Comprehension is certainly hard for you since you don't have a single sense of honor. Good night.
  10. MrBeefCakes New Player

Lol goodnight friend:)
  11. Elusian Crowd Control

Just check for finished elite raids. Backup via dmg in and you have a guaranteed glitcher group. You can even safe-play and check for groups who got the 50pts elite feat, guaranteed glitch group. It's actually fairly easy to figure those out in this case.

Your idea would devalue gear from those who gotten it legit from beating the first 2 bosses that is also actually hitting innocent people.
    • Like x 4
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Off the topic of the raid and on the topic of resolving the whole random drop/non-random approach to gearing up:

I actually kinda like this idea. It pleases my ideology of how the game should be. Those of us who want to be able to obtain the best gear in the game can get there by earning marks from content and grinding our way to it. Those who don't want to grind can... well... grind the raids and earn the same gear via a drop.

It matches the Legends character policy: You can either get them for free by being a subscriber and grinding in game marks to earn them or you can pay for them off the marketplace. One's free, the other costs extra but the one which costs extra has the perk of being able to put that character on any of your other characters immediately. Both methods are viable and have benefits. It really comes down to what the player wants to do.

Could the whole gear debacle be resolved with such a simple move?

Anyway, carry on :)
    • Like x 2
  13. Kristyana New Player

The best gear should have never been regulated to drop only anyway, but merely as a quicker way to obtain it.

I would agree with your idea if they knew for sure that checking the logs would not hit any innocent people. If innocent people are going to be hit anyway, then it would be better to have the gear devalued than to have it stripped completely.

At this point, we don't even know if they have the ability to check the logs in the manner described. It's entirely possible they only save chat logs for instances of verbal abuse.
    • Like x 2
  14. Kristyana New Player

It works in every other game I play.

The problem though is that those games were set up that way from the start. I'm not sure how it could be implemented technologically or if the community would accept such a big change at this point.
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Very true but I'd say they would. After all, you're keeping the existing methods in play whilst opening up opportunities for players who are fed up with the current ways, to get what they're after in their own way. Nothing negative changes.

I also loved your R&D to build the best gear and omnipotent items idea in the other thread too and I'm totally not stalking you I swear. You're just posting in all the threads I'm reading and coming up with great ideas :(
    • Like x 1
  16. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

This whole thing is like Origin Crisis déjà vu.

As Einstein said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
    • Like x 1
  18. Uncle Kiki New Player

im not sure people are saying if they get their 101 gear taken or don't get there money back they will cancel and leave a few people said they would go back to FFXIV. I just feel it is too many people they would have to take from they have the USPS then EUPS, USPC and EUPC all the servers they would have to take the 101 gear not just from USPS. and at that point it would be too much and they would lose a lot of players if they did and they weren't refunded all those replays, market cash / station cash.
  19. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Just PS-Server or all Servers?

And I want to Point out, what Kris said, because I think he's absolutely right.

20. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

How many players would they potentially lose? everyone that glitched? 200 something players? You have/had people in shout making it abundantly clear they are glitching, boasting, bragging and banking on nothing happening for reasons of spending a bunch on replay and power tokens to switch to quantum. "hey I spent 100s and 100s of dollars... I glitched the sh** outta ToD ahaha #cantbanmeyo. #noonecanbanusnowtonightwe'reontheloose"

They know exactly what they are doing when busting out replay badge spam and glitching. Governor told Tyreese time to pay the bill. Hopefully the glitchers will pay the bill by gear stripped and a ban. If there is a problem with that... dont glitch sh**. ... and let'em crash.

They would take away the gear from those that glitched, mostly on the ps side of things. I cant speak for EU ps side. It probably happened there too. By all accounts it hasnt happened on the pc side, i dont know. I only see the US ps side because chat is/was rife the ridiculously obvious. (presuming they'll do anything)

If they get their replay badges back, and happened to get a small time ban, and gear stripped... it essentially accomplishes nothing.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.