Dev Discussion DLC13: Throne of the Dead (Elite) Raid - Official Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDaddyDru New Player

I've invested enough of my precious fingers entertaining you Steel. Let's get back to the task at hand.

So, at the moment, Ares and the Judges are the only legitimate way to farm 101 gear in the Elite Raid until Hades becomes legitimately possible to defeat. It's basically whoever has the most time and replays that wins the gear race.

Should be a most interesting Raid outcome indeed.
    • Like x 1
  2. SumtegWong New Player

Dude i went through the cr98 gear like so many others.. if you can read i said why is the cr98 gear dropping in the elite.. meaning we already get them from alerts and the 3 RAIDS.. why is the cr98 dropping in the ELITE RAID?? if the game has a glitch or not, i will use any possible way to win..
  3. Swiftduck Loyal Player

You completely misunderstood what he said. He said 98 gear should not be dropped in the elite raid. He said nothing about people wearing 98's in the raid. Although 99's and 100's would most likely be preferable but not required.
    • Like x 1
  4. Rokyn Dedicated Player

And I also agree on the fact that the elite raid should not drop 98 pieces at all. I was only able to beat the first and second boss one time and I got my only 101 piece which were the legs and a bunch of 98 pieces. Make it either extra marks or 100/101 gear.
    • Like x 7
  5. Skeptikraze Well-Known Player

As per usual, three types of reactions to Throne's "issues": those against the 'exploits/bugs/tricks', those who can care less, and those who favor it. To each his own indeed, but considering my personal definition of competence, here are my final 2 cents on the matter:

The most important principle (in the game, on the forum, in real life) is what you're after: you could be after fame, or money, or love, or blueberry cheesecake, at the end of the day individualized principle is what drives everything you do. Thus, when it comes to this nonsense of "how dare you clownbox! cheater!" I can only giggle at the incompetence of that analysis.

Some of us, especially those that are very okay to use clownbox to avoid banishment, are after very certain things in the game (refer to principle above), and with restricted time and attraction towards certain content in the game, efficiency is our only tool to get to where we want to be. It's one thing to employ exploits/bugs/tricks and comfort yourself in that zone believing this is how it will always be done and a whole other thing to exercise those exploits/bugs/tricks but report it; however, you would have to be depressingly naive to think that those with restricted time/attraction to fresh content will sit around and wait for days or weeks or months until a fix is given.

I have zero problems recording every end-game content, with or without exploits; at the end of the day I'm after enjoying the game and gearing up and looking forward to new content. Efficiency is doing all that while letting the Devs know of the issues surrounding any content in the game. Naivete is sitting around doing nothing as a means of boycotting the whole thing.

Once again, choose whichever path you want (boycott, care less, favor), but don't think you have any logical ground to bash others on their approach.

The Sensei,
    Skep
  6. damagedealr New Player

In the hotfix i woulda really had more respect if they made the 101 gear able to be sold by vendors, simply because now so many people have a huge advantage over the rest of the community because they glitched throne.
    • Like x 1
  7. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Just imagine how many people are going to spam it to night before reset.
  8. LADYHEALARIOUS New Player

They should have just taken it down with no warning... lets face facts they most likely are not going to take away the gear or make the gear avaible in the vendor. with this warning your just making it so more people rerun throne over and over agian until its down.
  9. SteelSD Level 30

You've used far too many words to type "the end justifies the means". The problem with that reasoning is that, in this case, it's nothing more than ethical fraud (ethical egoism actually) used by those who need to rationalize away negative behavior as long as said behavior benefits them. Not sure where that is in your league manifesto, but I'll check out the copy I downloaded.
    • Like x 1
  10. HazeTA New Player

Well, hopefully Mepps' comment, "We have shut ToTD down to look at the expliot and those exploiting it", is a sign of things to come.
    • Like x 3
  11. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Yes, I hope that every single cheating elitist raider gets banned. The best gear should come from the vendor, please stop catering to cheaters.
    • Like x 1
  12. HazeTA New Player

Hopefully it's easy enough for them to do to not think twice about sanctioning people in some way. They proved with Survival Mode that they can track everything we do quite quickly and easily.
  13. SteelSD Level 30

Heh. Yep, here it is directly from the Solo "Elite" league manifesto you helped author and/or signed off on (Page 10: "Being Legitimate"):

As both you and Dru had determined that the Elite Hades fight is something neither of you can complete, both of you have violated the league rules you authored. The "Violations and Consequences" section (Page 8) defines that a violation of this type result in a minimum 30-day removal from your league; with a second offense resulting in a permanent ban. I'm not sure who would be left to invite you back to the league as this mandatory banning would remove the only two members of the league from participating in said league.

I would recommend being very very careful about claims that no logical basis exists for holding you accountable considering that you outlawed, by choice and in print, the very behavior you're now currently championing. Have a nice night now!
    • Like x 1
  14. Skeptikraze Well-Known Player

Just as players looking to join Solo Elite come to us for challenge criteria, so do we go to the Devs for content criteria; we control how our players approach specific challenges designed to spotlight competence, and so do the Devs with their content. More importantly, your irritation with players finding their way through impossible content and more importantly, reporting it on their own behalf remains illogical.

Enjoy!

The Sensei,
    Skep
  15. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

What post did he say that in? I want to snip, print, and frame the whole comment...unless it was you who misspelled 'exploit' lol
  16. SteelSD Level 30

Oh, yeah. I understand that you demand that "players looking to join Solo Elite" (which is none) hold themselves to an ethical standard that your current membership (2 players) is not currently meeting.

But you haven't told us all when you plan on banning yourselves per your league manual manifesto?
  17. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Which boss drops the legs? Haven't seen those drop yet.
  18. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Judges. Only piece I have been able to get. But I have only been able to beat it once and that was last week so I haven't been able to get back in there and give it another try. I think the Ares part is what gives us headaches at the beginning with all the adds that come out. Judges part is fairly straightforward and Hades is extremely challenging and near impossible for us right now.
  19. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

The problem with the Ares fight is the number of adds. Tanks can only pull 8 adds at a time. It's not the damage they do, it's just the mechanics of tank pulls. I suppose that the four tank strategy would work, but I don't see how you can design a raid that needs four tanks for one fight. The way it was before the last hotfix was challenging enough. There is actually a two tank strategy that works but it takes a lot of skill and luck to pull off. I'm hoping we see some changes to the fight to give more groups a better chance at beating it.
  20. xxdarkflamexx New Player

i believe that if the are going to take the gear that i may or may not have got from doing this then the are stealing from me you take my gear back you going to give me my replay badges back you dont want ppl to glitch the stuff you put out you should make sure that the **** isnt glitchable dont drop a dlc that is broke from the get go you fix this but again you dont fix the things that are just a broke pvp hacks scammers i was scamed out of 400k because they come out with the ability to reset someone elses raids alert whatever and i pay the price for it and to those that say well you shouldnt open trade in less you know them or whatever but regardless i pay 15 a month for legenday and have been for 2 years and will continue to do so but im not going to have the things ive spent time and money on takin from me without being compinsated for it and if thats what you do then i guess your just going to lose a few long time fans of this game i dont agree with taking back what was taken win its your fault i was taken in the first place next time fix the thing before you put it out aint that what the test servers are for in the first place i mean i get scammed put in a ticket and the guy gets away with is scott free and i dont even get what i worked for back in addition to the 15 a month i spend money on many other things and half the things i spend money on arent worth it in the end so honestly you all need to fix the game i dont get to play that much but half the time im able to i cant login because the servers are down or there is mainteince or the damn severs where hacked and for all the grammer freaks out there i dont care if there is misspellings in here you will get over it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.