Request to the Dev Team

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solmes202, Feb 15, 2015.

1. X-zero Loyal Player

There isn't a way to refund the actually money on replay badges and who is to say the honest people will have the same luck again. Plus why would they give money back.

Also this is why the highest level of gear shouldn't be in raids in this game. This isn't a new pattern.

Step 1: Request for a raid so hard on a few will be it legit and request for gear to reflect beating it.
    Step 2: Find a glitch(there is always one) to beat it and spam replays to get as much as you can.
    Step 3: Demand it be patched asap before it spreads.
    Step 4: Look down on the people that don't have the gear after it has been fixed.

It happens every tier with a slightly hard raid. Not saying it doesn't happen in other games but without replay badges the damage from a glitch can't be done as fast. It also gives the developers a little time to fix it. Maybe in the future if they still want to do elite raids they should release them a month later after they patched the major bugs in the normal version.
    • Like x 4
  2. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Cash was rolled back after the email glitch. Money was involved because Legendary players were penalized. Honest Legendary players. I was among them and endorsed it because this stabilized the game and sent a message to cheaters. One that needs to be repeated apparently.
    • Like x 1
  3. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

There are players out there who spent money for replays to farm the first 2 bosses legitimately.
    It's not at all the same thing, players paid to be legendary to play the game.
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

when your a beast tank often complamented and suddenly you cant get into a raid because the other way less talented guys have way better gear its a problem. your stuck on the side lines while cheaters run around making out and then you gotta deal with put downs. your sitting there unable to progress like in dox because who wants a tank in blue gear who cant take on a boss? WORSE now your a "scrub"cause your not strong enough to try the EO feat while the cheaters are walking around like they did something. any compedative persons going to feel some sort of way. even if your not its very understandable to feel cheated. no matter what you do playing by the rules has you being a second tier toon and as a paying customer that is wrong.
    • Like x 2
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The only thing I could see happening that's "fair" is buffing the vendor gear to 101, but leaving the raid gear with slightly higher stats (like the last 2 DLCs), changing all Elite Raid gear to Blue drops.

Then after patching the raid and ensuring it isn't glitch-able anymore, create a new set of gear, which is exactly the same as the current set, except the icon is purple and the entire set is CR102.

That way people who cheated or earned it fairly get a tiny advantage, The people who didn't cheat can match their CR to those who did exploit and there's still a better set of gear to chase in a raid which doesn't have the problems it does now. However this may send a message that it's okay to cheat. So perhaps not.

Even then, though, when you look at the Census data, only 3,265 characters in the entire game have a CR of 114 or above. Only 158 of those 3,265 are 115 or above (hilariously, 97 of them are Quantum users). It's either going to be too isolated that it's not worth making changes for or too isolated that everyone who's been cheating is going to stick out like a sore thumb.
    • Like x 2
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

all of this is a result of gear going to raid drops over vendor. had the top gear been in the vendor this would be less likely to happen if it did at all. ok people glitch everything so yea it would happen still but people would care less

t5 OC was maybe the worst move by the devs, so creating advoidable situations almost exactly the same as OC should carry consaquences for those who made these decisions. all of this is ripple effects of their bad choices and what a shame it is. i feel they had almost redeemed themselves and as far as the content goes...... WOW. cerberus hunted us down a few times and dropped us. people were laughing and having fun, NOT RAGGING. lovely change and would of been an epic job by dcuo
    • Like x 1
  7. Solmes202 Loyal Player

I would submit that the people who lost their in game cash would disagree. Nevertheless cheating has gone on too long in the game and it needs to stop. Since the cheaters don't seem to get it a punishment must be handed out. Sadly this will temporarily effect the honest players. However as I stated earlier I would think they would be among the first to edorse the rollback as they should have little trouble reacquiring the gear. There is an old saying..." Sometimes you have to take one for the team"
    • Like x 2
  8. Kristyana New Player

In other games I play, the best gear can be acquired through either drops, spending whatever that game's equivalent of "marks" is through grinding dailies and lower content, or through crafting with an ungodly amount of materials - all of which can be purchased through the ingame auction house for those with the gold.

Having the best gear only drop from a raid only works if the raid and content can't be exploited. Given the track record of content breaking on release, I would have no problem if the vendor/raid gear was equalized across stats.

Honestly, buffing the vendor gear to the level of the raid gear would probably be the best - and easiest - solution here.

Elite Raids should have been like Survival Mode. No rewards but cosmetic for bragging rights, and players that wanted the challenge.
    • Like x 7
  9. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Big Blackmon eye on an otherwise awesome DLC
    • Like x 1
  10. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Agreed. But it is the cheaters, not the Devs who gave the DLC that black eye.
    • Like x 1
  11. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Agreed
  12. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

I will sacrifice my 2 101 pices for the greater good I do ask tht I retain the mods I have place into thous pices
    • Like x 1
  13. Kal~el Committed Player

If you ask me the community should stop requesting hard/challenging content since they cannot do it without 1) being patient to gear up properly and 2) glitching it to complete it.

This content has been out less than two weeks so I question whether or not anyone had the proper gear to complete it. Maybe, just maybe some completed it without the glitch, but I am very skeptical of anyone who say they have.
    • Like x 2
  14. lukelucky Devoted Player

bud the sting is cheaters getting better gear than us. that is due to the devs putting 2 sets of better gear in raids not vendors to make sales. there was not outrage over people glitching fos3. last boss of gates or prime. dox and now this though is different. you can point the finger at us but bud the devs created all this mess. i get they need to generate profits but we could make a very lengthy list of self inflicted wounds the game endured that directly resulted in loss of players.

i personally dont care if you glitch. i wont i mean once you do your admitting your not good enough to beat said instance. all i care about is progressing less than a cheater. however as i said this falls straight on the people who made the decision to put gear out there we cant obtain
  15. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

The last boss is impossible to beat normally as far as I'm concerned :)
  16. Solmes202 Loyal Player

If players can't beat him in a straight up fight they don't deserve to win
    • Like x 2
  17. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Go ahead and make a video of you taking your mods and salvaging your gear first before you start speaking for everyone.
  18. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

How did u get I'm speaking for everyone out of anything I typed ? Edit - I see it now it must have Behn the " I " at the beginning that meant everyone my fault.
  19. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Agreed patience is not an attribute of the player community. They want to get top gear the same day the new contentment comes out so they can say how bored they are that there isn't enough content!
  20. Morsy808 Committed Player

I agree with everything bar rolling back the servers. This would hurt honest players such as myself immensely. I've spent ages working on feats today to get my SP up and I'd be majorly annoyed if I lose that progress because of a bunch of exploit using sorts.

I must say though, I was going to purchase AF2 tommorow, but after reading a lot of the posts on here about players being booted from groups for not being quantum and not being able to play the content as a direct result... I won't boter until this whole mess is sorted...
    • Like x 1