Request to the Dev Team

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solmes202, Feb 15, 2015.

1. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

My group has beat the first two bosses since the hotfix without exploiting. I don't have a video of it, but it is possible. It requires a very special strategy and I doubt many other groups even know about it or could pull it off if they did know. Pretty sure that 99% of the Elite drops obtained this weekend are through exploiting.
    • Like x 3
  2. Sbel Devoted Player

No worries, probably USPS would be the only server rolled back.
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did you have Quantum DPSes??
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yeah Thrones will be a joke then and a new power also coming with new content.
    • Like x 1
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The consequences in OC were cliques formed by players who had the top gear while excluding those who did not. That happened in leagues and outside of leagues, and it led to some players leaving the game and/or leagues splitting up. It was very similar to this situation in that many of those with the best gear did not actually earn said gear legitimately.
    • Like x 2
  6. Kristyana New Player

The exodus wasn't caused by the glitch. Players understand that glitches happen, and that there will be people who exploit them. Up until OC, there had never been a glitch that was as prevalent, and the concept of the best gear dropping in raids wasn't around unless you count the Helm from Prime. Those two things combined made glitching in OC extremely prominent - if the best gear wasn't Traces in Time, I doubt you would have seen the amount of glitching that occurred.

The exodus was caused because nothing was done to punish people who were openly using it. I'm not talking about people who may have glitched. I'm referring to people who were actively recruiting glitchers in LFG or openly bragging about all the new gear they got when doing it.

People left because they were disgusted with the lack of response to the glitch, not because of the glitch itself. And because nothing was done, this time around glitchers are being a lot bolder about it and not even trying to hide it.

They didn't lose faith in the game - they lost faith in the people running it.
    • Like x 7
  7. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Everyone has different opinions and that's ok. Just personally, I don't see what you said as a bad thing. It actually sounds great. Almost like people that are jerks being forced to wear shirts that say I'M A JERK. It let's you know who not to play with :)
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Sure, but with the limited population this game has, when most players are jerks, it's difficult to find people to trust and run with. I spent the time with OC to get my skill points up and do feats since I didn't know who to trust, but I can see why some might have decided to quit at that time. I've made quite a few good friends since then, but OC was the first DLC that came out when I started playing, so I had less options than some people may have.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kristyana New Player

We haven't been able to replicate this on PC. It seems to be exclusively a PS issue.
  10. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I can definitely see how it would affect people who mainly PUG. Well with any luck they'll fix it by Wednesday.:)
  11. Solarverse2 New Player

I could care less either way. The devs could do nothing, or they could roll it back....either way, I can't be bothered with it. Bigger things out there to complain about....this isn't one of them.
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

Absolutely not. If they spent those replays glitching content, they should lose them. Nobody forced them to cheat.
    • Like x 2
  13. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Players who got it honestly should be among the first to endorse rolling back the gear. The cheaters have cheapened their accomplishment. The honest players who got the gear should have no trouble re acquiring it.
    • Like x 2
  14. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Beating the raid does not guarantee a 101 piece.
  15. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Disagree. The wrath shpuld rightfully be pointed towards the cheaters
    • Like x 1
  16. Solmes202 Loyal Player

It's been done before. It can be done again
  17. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I don't know how I feel about a server roll back. I just spent 3 hours running my alt through patrol catastrophe to catch up from 106 to 112.

Also my main has earned a lot of gear that has nothing to do with throne. I don't want to have to spend all that time all over again leveling up both my toons...that would be a waste of mine and everyone else's time.

Fix the glitch. Shun the cheaters and this time next month, no one is going to care.
  18. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

Roll back 101 pieces, sorry I didnt clarify
    • Like x 1
  19. Solmes202 Loyal Player

One thing that should never ever happen again is have the highest cr gear be a drop. Highest stats, maybe but NEVER highest cr. As long as cheaters are going to ruin the accomplishments of honest players they cannot be allowed to profit by it
    • Like x 2
  20. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

when has it been done - when it involved real world money being spent?
    • Like x 1