DCUO Bug Tracker

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zhouz, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Zhouz Well-Known Player

Heyo,

Ever wished there was a better way to report bugs you encounter in DCUO? So do I. Together we can turn our collective game experience into a more concentrated resource (at least as it pertains to fleshing out annoying bugs.) In collaboration with a few players from other All Access games and borrowing from their experience and success in those games, I present to you the DCUO Issue Tracker. Any player can create an account and list a bug. There is no restriction on how severe the bug must be before you can list it, which means everything you have ever had a problem with can go in and be tracked.

Who sees the bugs you put in? The DCUO team does. Member's of DCUO's quality assurance team have already been given direct access to the bug tracker. Any bugs entered with "SOE" security level can only be read by DCUO staff and issue tracker moderators, so that exploits can be reported without fear of being publicized.

This is a community resource, run by players, so make an account (we don't use/have access to your station accounts!) and start reporting your bugs.

If you have questions about this, ask below or read this reddit post

soeissuetracker.com
    • Like x 18
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

Looks more structured / curated than Arkham Asylum.
    • Like x 3
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are looking to use this quite a bit going forward!
    • Like x 9
  4. Prosser Dedicated Player

looks sweet. To bad you will have to rename stuff on it now to DGC :p
  5. chipzes Committed Player

Nice tool, let's hope it doesn't get flooded with the likes of "In the tutorial the Brainiac Blocker can't be killed" or "Why did I less damage than yesterday, ninja nerf or bugggg" as Arkham does.
  6. Tikkun Loyal Player

A positive thing about this being player-run is moderation is performed mostly by other players with a Mod status. Those kind of reports can be easily canned, re-prioritized, or asked for more information before being escalated.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zhouz Well-Known Player

We do expect to get those kind of reports, but as moderators we can handle them pretty easily so that they do not clutter the list of open bugs.
    • Like x 2
  8. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I have high hopes in that platform. :)

I would prefer the official SOE-forums to be the first adress to report bugs. But the bug-sections has been filled up so badly with duplicate bug-reports with almost no moderation cleaning it up, that it's very likely impossible to catch up with all those reports.

I hope the new page makes it easier to prevent duplicates and to set priorities, so we get the things fixed faster, which spoil our gameplay. :)
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

You've gotta rename it now XD.

But I like the idea. And it can even show the devs how good they are keeping up with their fixing :D.

And I always thought it was too complicated to send abusable/problematic bugs via tickets.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zernam New Player

As a player I applaud the venue to work on this openly with the community, as a software developer I'm surprised the Dev's weren't using some convention like this already. That being said I wish you the best with this ;)
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is an external tool, run by the community, not what we use internally.
  12. Zernam New Player

I see that now - I followed the reddit thread - as an additional tool this can be invaluable.
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

It is currently better moderated than Arkham Asylum :p.
  14. Zhouz Well-Known Player

Hopefully less stuff goes into arkham and more into the tracker so things dont keep falling through the cracks :p
    • Like x 1
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'll end up posting a link to this in my bug report section a bit later after I get back from class and discourage people to use Arkham and encourage them to post it there :p

Already submitted the bug about Hal's block breaker in my signature. This thing is so much better than Arkham lol
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

Wow this is very well done, and it simply convinces me to never use arkham again.
    • Like x 1
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, they should just remove that forum. It's pretty terrible.
    • Like x 1
  18. Zhouz Well-Known Player

Perhaps if we get enough momentum going with bugs being reported in the tracker we can make that happen :eek:
    • Like x 1
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I can't log into it?
  20. Zhouz Well-Known Player

As I mention in the original post, this tracker is owned by players of the community. We don't have access to your station account for authentication, make an account on the tracker to use.