No SOE Live 2015

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Kristyana, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Kristyana New Player

Linda Carlson (aka Brasse the Dwarf) just posted on her facebook page that there won't be an SOE Live/Fan Faire event this year in Vegas.

It looks like some of the EQ and PS2 players might try to organize a weekend anyway, but man, this is hard to take.

All that time and money spent on Luthor, and no way to see and hang out with some of the amazing people I've met over the years :(
    • Like x 2
  2. Byren Well-Known Player

agreed. hopefully, they'll figure something out with the new company and put something on. last year was my first year and the entire league was gonna make it this year (granted, thats only 1 more person than last year).

ugh.

frustrated.
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic here, but technically if they had an event it wouldn't be called SOE Live anyway now.
    • Like x 3
  4. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Well that means next year will be the first annual DGC Live Event. :p

Just had a thought, but what'll the devs do about the base items everyone got for going to SOE Live as SOE doesn't exist anymore, in the naming sense. :confused:
  5. Magician Dedicated Player

Well it's good to know they let us in on this pretty quickly.

While I was planning to go, this frees up some funds and plans to make my next costume for the next event.

Granted there's no guarantee of a costume contest in the future.

It's a good thing Im going to Anaheim in April for Star Wars Celebration 7 :)
  6. Magician Dedicated Player

So much for all those yearly Vegas signs eh?
    • Like x 1
  7. Kroye Loyal Player

That's a GD shame. She was one of the many folks I was looking forward to seeing again. I really enjoyed talking with her last year, and I had planned to go again this year.
  8. Boscohark Well-Known Player

My guess is you will see the Fan Faire (or whatever they call it!) back in some form in 2016. I understand why theya re cancelling it this year as the corporate transition they are going through will probbaly take most of the next few months. Overall though, I think this might be the best thing as Sony as a company was not doing well, while SOE was. Such freedom should be beneficial!

More important we need to know how this new transition will effect the "Last One To Post Wins" thread. I mean that has to br protected at all costs!
    • Like x 2
  9. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

This was my very first thought when they announced the transition to Daybreak today. I immediately wondered if this meant no Vegas get together.

This sux. I was really looking forward to one more year there.
  10. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

11. Stark Cold New Player

12. TarnaX New Player

13. Fools Fire Loyal Player

[IMG]
  14. Byren Well-Known Player