Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChuckLess New Player

Can we drop the PS3 now?
    • Like x 20
  2. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

It's never good when an "Investment management firm" buys anything they more often then not run it in the dirt.
    • Like x 12
  3. Juxes Committed Player

Oh great now gonna have to deal with more little kids using racial slurs :rolleyes:
    • Like x 7
  4. Balefyre New Player

New EQOA type game for x360/PS3 and Xbox1/PS4 ?? :)
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Since they are for "SOE" games and utilize a code, I doubt this would be nothing more than a seamless change of the name they are sold. Though, it might change things like the walmart cards giving 500 extra SC.
    • Like x 2
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 9
  7. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Does this mean we need to migrate our accounts once again?

We EU PC players haven't had that in quite a while...:confused:

What about the SC we have on our accounts? Will it just be renamed or will it even expire?
    Will marketplace, membership & dlc prices change?
    • Like x 2
  8. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

Great news I hope. Maybe more money for game development plus it saved me from purchasing a PS4 to see if the Xbox thing pans out.

Always been an XBox guy. DCUO turned me to PC. I may be coming back to console gaming again.
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

No joke, LOL. It even had broken images!
    • Like x 2
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Actually due to the six cell architecture the ps3 has, the Xbox 360 is better equipped to run this game than the ps3.

Looking forward to hopefully playing with more people if the server merge allows it. PC, PS and Xbox players playing together all at the same time is fairly unprecedented.
    • Like x 10
  11. Impulsively Committed Player

So what're the long term impacts of this? Aside from possible ports to other platforms?
    • Like x 1
  12. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I definitely think they're spread thin enough to be trying to start development on Xbox.
    • Like x 2
  13. Leveilleur Well-Known Player

I am really glad to hear this being that I only bought a ps3 for this game and a few others I usually play on xbox so this is great news.
  14. nogimmick New Player

gosh, i can't wait to be told what a terrible DPS i am by racist, homophobic 10-year-olds that use heat vision in their loadout because "it's a beast move".....

i was thinking about resubbing, now i REALLY don't know.
    stick your Xbox BS up your *****.
    • Like x 11
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly.... if there was only PC.... this game would have died 3 years ago. ;)
    • Like x 10
  16. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

17. Stark Cold New Player

So, when is Daybreak Game Company Live in Vegas!?
    • Like x 8
  18. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Any word on how this effects memberships ?

1. Will membership cost go up or down ?
    2. Will we still be able to use PSN to buy membership?
    3. Since this isn't a"Sony" game anymore do we need PS+ ?
    • Like x 7
  19. Prosser Dedicated Player

Although I find this very interesting, and Can't wait to see what changes this will bring. I can't help but think of all the brand new Xbox players that will be in the WT/HoD shouting "Does any one have a free aura for me!!!!!!"
    • Like x 5
  20. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

In making a website for a company, a long time ago, I was tasked with going through all of the Fortune 500 company websites, to come up with notes about best practices from colors to layout to navigation and more. You'll find that being a successful company isn't all about the website.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.