Keyboard Vs JoyPad!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cold Fuzion, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Cold Fuzion New Player

This is not a thread on which is better but I'm curious to know if people use joypads on pc (I do) and if PS users use keyboards?
  2. Saami Loyal Player

I have used joypad once with this game. Once.
  3. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I much prefer a controller. Just so conditioned to it since I was a kid way back. I just can't get used to a m/kb. I tried numerous times, but doesn't feel right. My fingers dance all over the controller like marionettes and the damage I deal is a symphony of destruction.
    • Like x 1
  4. ChuckLess New Player

What the heck is a joypad?

Sounds dirty ;)

And now I want one :p
    • Like x 1
  5. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Tried tanking LD with a controller once.........lets just say it was not pretty. :oops: I can DPS with a controller but i can not tank with it.
  6. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I use a controller on PC. I'm more used to it since I was a console player for most of my life. I will use the mouse when I need to flip the camera instantly though.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I played other games with a keyboard and mouse on PC (DDO, LotRO).

But with DCUO.... I got a logitech controller as soon as I could .
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

PS users dont usually use a keyboard. Nowadays everyone on PS has a mic.
  9. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

I tried using a "joypad" but as Stan Smith says "it was like trying to shake hands with a cat". My hands were too big. I'll stick to the keyboard.

Also, I am not sure DCUO is keyboard compatible as far as actually playing the game on PS.
  10. Cold Fuzion New Player

Well, yeah, just wondering if people do.
  11. same Johnny Dedicated Player

In all honesty, I always felt this game was primarily designed to use with a controller. Maybe it's the fact that I was never able to get used to keyboard+mouse, but with all the free movement we're allowed, even during boss fights, using a controller feels much more intuitive. To me, at least.

Those analog sticks... <3 (Chuckless, now THAT was dirty :p)
  12. ChuckLess New Player

I don't think they can.
  13. Lightws Dedicated Player

You cannot use a keyboard fully on PS. And you can use a controller on PC. I use a controller on PC since I started on PS and couldn't get into using Keyboard and Mouse here. But on PS keyboards are only for typing. Not that it matters because currently there's not that much of a difference between KBM and Controllers anyway.