Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miserable Dedicated Player

I'd actually rather just have access to test server as a PS player than a server merge.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

No way. they can't wipe money. people have spent a long time building up their money and just deleting it is an absolutely atrocious move not to mention absolute development suicide. many people will leave over such a move, I'd even consider doing so myself.

Resetting peoples money is not a vaible or fair solution.

I've made a thread about it on gotham city and it seems the prices may be more in line with USPC than even I realised. So it's possible the effect may not be as extreme as I feared, I still have genuine concerns surrounding the merger and the economic impact of course, but wiping money, that's is an absolute no go.
    • Like x 5
  3. HersheyKiss New Player

Wow i just cant even believe i see comments like these after all the comments ive seen ps players make on here about how they are so superior to the pc guys but now all i see is ps people saying they hate this idea bcuz of having to pvp or compete against pc players. Makes me think alot of the ps players are not what they claim to be. And im not trying to be rude here either, ive just seen ALOT of ps players say things on here like "everyone knows the ps players are way better than pc." But since the cross play announcement i keep seeing comments like yours so im a little confused :p

In all seriousness, the announcement specifically said about ques on the villain side so not sure where u got that its being done bcuz the pc side is dead. Also the servers being merged has been a long standing request by many many players on here. I have concerns about this as well but it was just announced and probaly wont be happening for quite awhile so im going to hold my judgement til then. Whether we like it or not this is coming and making comments that insinuate that pc somehow has an advantage just stirs the pot. U can have your opinion but lets see how it goes first. Its barely been 24hrs since it was announced.
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

3 million
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Thank you TheDark!
    Not so bad. The price I saw last week was 2 M - 2.5M on the hero side, USPC.
  6. HersheyKiss New Player

I see your point. The end result is the same either way whether u had the cross play info or not. I get that. I think what most dont like is being told 1 thing and it turns into something else after the fact and theres also $ involved. That usually doesnt sit well with alot of people. This also isnt the 1rst time where they 4got to tell us some important info until after the fact and when people see a pattern of that kind of behavior they can feel betrayed and lose trust in the person/people giving them the info. Like i said i see your point here 100% just the way the whole thing went down doesnt sit well with me either and i got the names i wanted :p Im not sure people deserve a refund, imo thats a tough call and im glad im not the person who has to make it :p
  7. KillTheSilence New Player

I would love for them to do that and erase mails with excessive amounts of money.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

These requests for money resets are ridiculous, there doesn't need to be a money reset, to be honest I think the people requesting money resets are jealous people who don't have the money in the first place and are refusing to farm to earn any themselves.

many many people have legitimately earned their money and you're requesting that be taken away from them. I'm sorry but "No" that's just a request made in bitterness and has no logical reason or basis.

Initially I thought the economy might be hit harder as well, but after asking PS players their prices it's clear they've come more in line with the PC economy.

THe only question that's going to crop up is how it affects supply and demand when everything is merged.

Asking for cash resets is just ridiculous.
    • Like x 2
  9. Radium Devoted Player

As others have said, the USPS economy isn't what it once was.

Unless you're getting into the Super-Rare items (OG Nimbus, OG Plasmic) everything is a decent price.
    • Like x 2
  10. Radium Devoted Player

Well look at the circumstances of what happened. Out of nowhere, something changed with a system thats been implemented for years and raised a lot of questions as to why.

Why would we need to worry about having one name across all the servers? Why would they even limit one name across all servers? It makes no sense at all until you actually get into the reasoning, and the reasoning is pretty damn good.

Thats probably why they told us now instead of later.
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

16 character each 20 million is low ?
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

last sold one went for 500k on EUPC ( broker)
  13. Kristyana New Player

What is the difference in economies between EUPC and EUPS?
  14. hardstyle83 New Player

Money reset is just a stupid idea.
    If ur broke is cuz ur lazy. You can make 5-10 mil easy just picking an selling rare collections like "scott free and barda weddig anouncement"
    Money reset will make broker prices lower, just in first days, its search and demmand that makes prices higher.
    So if your broke now, you still be broke later. Cuz ur lazy and dont work 4 it
  15. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

I agree w #2. But the other 2 I can't cause what I do is whenmy toon maxes out on a dlc I drop to premium til there's something new to play. I have purchased all the dlcs up to origin crisis.
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Interesting to hear that the relative values are pretty similar now. Regarding supply and demand, I'd expect little shift. The merger will include an influx of demand, as well as supply. It's not just a huge supply burst.
    • Like x 2
  17. MecaTronX New Player

Why would you even ask for cash resets when you can get a years membership for $120.? I am going to be paying for a year come next month. I see this as a advantage, especially with everything that you get. So cash reset i say no.
  18. Ch3wtobacco New Player

wow Mepps don't you EVER get tired of thinking ways to screw up this game... you're a machine...
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Um, Mepps doesn't run the show here. He's the community liaison. You can not like what's happening, but don't shoot the messenger.
    • Like x 7
  20. Ayida New Player

ow. my. god. this will be awesome!!!!!!:D:D i was always angry why is just taking so much time finding a group in pvp legends! and finally ... now we will all be togheter like brothers. and enemys. this will be amazing! i have like 15 friend playing on ps 3 or ps 4 but i am playing on pc. we never playd together. this will be awsome. more villains to kill
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.