Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristyana New Player

Regarding your first scenario: not everyone has the luxury of having two accounts, and depending on when you registered your account, the TOS states you can only have one Station account. Could be updated to be one per email instead of individual - I need to check, but that was a pretty big deal in EQ and SWG. In addition to that, if you're a Free or Premium player, you might not have a free character slot just for the purpose of trying to get a name.

Could someone have created an alt first just to be sure? Yes. But there was no reason to, because there were two other methods that the developers told us to use (Census and friends list) - methods had always worked and been reliable - until they didn't work, because they didn't tell us about the region consolidation.

When someone lies or omits information, "buyer beware" is no longer a valid argument, morally or legally.

Your second scenario is irrelevant. You can talk hypothetical situations all you want, but that's not what happened.
    • Like x 2
  2. Kristyana New Player

Can't wait to finally kick some *** with you ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Delta2Four Active Player

I doubt this question has been asked and I hope this gets answered by someone who knows what they're talking about.

Will PC players be able to login to PS accounts and vice versa? This is something that'd help a lot, for example if one of your consoles broke down and you migrated or something
  4. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

(Make a villain!!! ;))
  5. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Actually, it's been asked and answered maybe once in every page so far. The answer is no, your PC account stays away from whatever PS account you have, no character transfer whatsoever.
    • Like x 2
  6. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

They said no...

• Like x 3
  7. just an honest dps New Player

did anyone get a refund yet?
    • Like x 1
  8. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I am incredibly glad to see this. Restores my faith, as prior to this the only posts on the matter I'd seen were GMs declining a refund for it. Simply refreshing. Thank you for sharing. :)
    • Like x 3
  9. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

It's going to be cool to play with PC players from these forums :)

But I am so not looking forward to the SpamBots and creepy Aiden Warren.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Like this idea.Question is will this be happing in 2015?And if yes around when?
    just wondering ;)
  11. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

What do you mean by "friends on hero side"... traitor. ¬¬ :D
    As with games in which I've seen merging, probably the first one registered will be able to keep it, and the other will get a free-change.
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

It's a safe bet a year from now the severs still won't be merged. I don't want to be a conspiracy guy but I think this was just brought up to take the heat off them for the rename issues that they keep from everyone.
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

Rename issues wouldn't exist if the cross platform naming restrictions weren't in place. There'd be no reason for that to be in place unless cross play was intended. It looks more like it was brought up because circumstances pretty much forced them to spill the beans on something they were hoping to announce later. That probably means its not about to happen tomorrow but I'd be surprised if it took a year.
    • Like x 7
  14. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Sounds great Mepps! It's something I've wanted for a while now. Heads up, I do have multiple characters with the same names on both pc and psn. I also agree this will make the game so much better.:cool:

Main Avatar: Superboyistic 111 CR 144 SP Power Ice DPS/Tank. USPC Meta Hero.League: Leader; Future JLU
    Alts Include: Guardian El, Guardian Kal, Future Blurr, Kid Superboyistic, Lantern Kal, Kal Starchild, Future Superboyistic, Sorcerer Starchild, and Clarky Kent.
  15. GreenGod New Player

Im willing to bet most people complaining about Cross play are hero's.. I think cross play is a awsome idea and it would help Villian side Greatly.
    Also so much complaining about names here. Get over urself. its just a name. If you guys where original you wouldnt be fighting for names.
  16. Eminence Dedicated Player

@Mepps, @CaptainLiberty, will there be another cash reset before or after this merge? If so, can we please get a heads up, a lot of us spent many hours at the auction house for our cash.
    • Like x 2
  17. KillTheSilence New Player

I do not get all the anti PC talk about hacking and macros. Speed hacking is easily detected. While it sucks to run into one, it doesn't stop the end result. That person will be banned.

P.S. The PS side is still subject to speed hackers. Please do not think you're immune

Argument axed.
    • Like x 3
  18. Kensama New Player

Ikr..The villain side could use some peeps too..:p
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Skidmarc Committed Player

I agree with this one, a heads up here would be very nice. I'd hate to lose out on all that work. At least if there is some notice we can utilize it before reset.
  20. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

the best advice I can give you is to start moving your money around they have a bad habit of doing stuff and then playing the "sorry " card so I wouldn't want to be caught with more then 2 or 3 million at the most on one character and even then that might be pushing it .
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.