Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

How could I not?

To come here and complain about the way it was going without giving them credit for it, when they made it up again for me at least, is not my style. That would be unfair.

I was disappointed about how it went and am still concerned about what will happen, when the cross-play will start.
    But at least they accepted, that I wouldn't have bought the token, if I had known about the plans for the merge and the shared name-databases, and reverted my purchase, which I'm thankful for.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I'm glad they fixed you up.:)
    Hopefully they will do the same for others.
    • Like x 2
  3. SaucyHamilton New Player

I work as a user experience designer in tech, and I understand the architectural issues associated with Cross Play. That said, this has huge potential to deliver a great user experience. But here are my big questions:

Warning: Potential Scope/Feature Creep Ahead
    - Let's say I have a PS4 and PC account. Can I merge the two and play my character on either system? I understand some OAuth would likely have to go into this to prevent exploits and multiple logins.

- Let's say you work that out and I can, if I paid for Legendary on one account will it transfer so I'm Legendary on any and all platforms I play on? I know SOE is a business and is therefor set out to make money. However, that should never occur at the end users' expense but rather because of the end users' experience. (gif below for reference)

[IMG]

Thanks!
  4. KnightFalz Active Player

Well then, I misinterpreted your post. Thanks for clearing it up.
  5. LegionOfSkaro New Player

What about league names? i know there is a league on the PS with the same name as my league on the PC. what will happen when the servers merge? will one of us lose our names? and If so which one?
  6. Yautja Level 30

First of all, you are right about one thing at least - calling names really distract people of the main topic of the post. You are the living proof. Seems you just ignored my point.
    Also, why do you think that by calling names i am trying to prove myself right and win an argument? There are no arguments. I am just stating fact. It is dull and ******** for people to asking for refund, because they had bought name respec device, without even knowing they gonna get the name. Not because they got misinformed about the merge of the names between both servers, but simply because maybe they wont be the first to reclaim the name. There is a chance for someone else beat you by seconds, am i right? If you don't think about that, then i am sorry, but you are ********... to me at least.
    People are doing what the devs told 'em to do you say... Well, i don't buy everything that everyone is saying to me. Devs can say whatever they want, i must be carefull on what i am giving my money for. Also i know what many people did, and it is wrong. That's not the right approach. Let me give u some examples:

1. Version One, where i am not aware of that thy are merging the names throughout both servers - Few minutes before the server goes up i check the census and see that the desired name is free (checking only my server, because i still have no idea that i have to look the other one too). I log in with my secondary account and
    a) Create a toon with the desired name successfully
    b) Fail to create a toon with the desired name because it is already taken either from someone from my server or from the other one, who in both cases beat me with few seconds

2. Version Two, where I am AWARE, that they are merging the names throughout both servers. - Few minutes before the server goes up, i check the census for both servers and see that the desired name is free. I log with my secondary account and
    a) Create a toon with the desired name successfully
    b) Fail to create a toon with the desired name because it is already taken either from someone from my server or from the other one, who in both cases beat me with few seconds

As you can see, even if u got warned about the merge or not, the final result is always the same. So the misinformation in this case is a lame excuse. The outcome could've been absolutely the same even if the devs got warned us. In both scenarios, people wud've still buy the respec devices without being sure if they gonna get the name or if the name will be free eventually. So do not expect being refunded cause your own mistakes.
    Another thing that i am gonna say again - you have been given a CHANCE to change your name, and nobody said that you gonna get it FOR SURE. So how on Earth you can assume you gonna get it? Why buying respec device when nothing is guaranteed?
    If people still do not get my point, then i will make diagrams next time.
  7. Captain Liberty Developer

The non-pink markers are useful when moving Lairs, as those items will translate over to a new location, whereas any free-placed items will revert to your Base Item Inventory. In addition, items placed on markers are visible in Lair Duels. Free-placed items are not..
    • Like x 6
  8. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

To be honest I still dislike that. I have some wonderful bases that my opponents will never see while I am crushing their faces.
    • Like x 2
  9. Astral Lantern Well-Known Player

I'm quite sure if the populations knew ahead of time that they would be fighting the other servers for names the sales would have been considerably less.

Wall of condescending text or not.....You Are Wrong.
    • Like x 6
  10. Kristyana New Player

Man, I would love to be the person who sells you your next car.
    • Like x 10
  11. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

And what of cross platform leagues? For instance, I'm the leader of the Justice Girls USPS chapter and have a healthy number of members. If our main body crosses over into our server, what's to become of us? Will we just be absorbed? If this is the case, it would be prudent to increase the member cap.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kristyana New Player

So only form groups with fellow PS players. If the discrimination really is as bad as people say it's going to be, that will happen anyway.
    • Like x 2
  13. erckboy Active Player

This is freaking awesome! any idea how far down the road crossplay is gonna come? ie how many months
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Soon?? ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Kristyana New Player

Hacking and macroing on the PC is not nearly as prevalent as some PS players like to say it is.

Not saying it hasn't happened, not saying it still doesn't, but even the top tier PC PVP players (since the concerns regarding this are mostly PVP related) are saying they only see it once every few weeks.

Customer Service has gotten a LOT better at banning players like that.

The most common time you'll run into it is when you have a Level 10 toon facing off against you in Legends, but like others have said, it happens very rarely. I haven't seen one in about two months.

The last time I saw someone seriously hacking as a level 30? It's been over a year.
    • Like x 2
  16. Kristyana New Player

Yeah, at this point it's not so much a technical issue as it is a PSN one. Any changes to a PS Test server have to be approved by PSN, and that can take up to two weeks.

Kindof hard to have a test server like that when you can get two or three hotfixes a day on it. :/
    • Like x 2
  17. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

By that point I may have already lost my name and with it the money I spent renaming the character all for the sake of a dying pc game. I will be doing what you said anyway because as I pointed out my game currently is perfect without pc players migrating into my servers. I rarely pug anyways. That's the point of my anger. My name has the chance to be taken because something I don't need or want is being implemented. Sorry but I'm not sorry for feeling that way.
    • Like x 1
  18. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I get to play with my PC friends. That's what I'll get out of it.

They already said they will be letting PS players access to test. They'll just have to do it from a PC.
    • Like x 7
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

One year from now the arguments for why PC/PS players shouldn't share servers will be long forgotten just like the arguments why PC/PS forums shouldn't merge. And we'll all look back and wonder why it was ever separate to begin with...just like the forums.
    • Like x 18
  20. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Wow look in LFg and see the bots have cooler names now :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.