Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

So, how many heroes is this adding to the imbalance of open world vs the amount of villains being transferred? From what I recall in the countless "pc pvp is dead" threads and "villains pc queue is too long" threads, I'd feel this is adding another million or 3 heroes to the mix and like....2,000 villains....to the already annoying (in either pvp or pve phases) 5-6 million heroes to 2-3 million villains...
  2. Vyltran Loyal Player

Woah.. this means that USPS region have to download another DC client additional to the actual one.. so we can enter to pc test.. that's even more complex than the cross play feature..
  3. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

Your toons will merge to form a super troll healer hybrid!
    • Like x 2
  4. Zpirit Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  5. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Very likely, with the increase of the villainous crowd, many people that played hero just because of the long queue time they had to face on the villain side, will finally decide to pass to the dark side if cross-play will become a reality. Numbers will normalize pretty soon after. I guess that especially PvP players will enthusiastically become villains. On the other side, heroes will find PvP more appealing since there will actually be enemy players to fight in the open world.

I can only see good things coming out of this initiative, if it will ever happen.

Of course, you have to expect to have more heroes than villain; that's normal. I am sure I am not the only one that can't stomach a villain quest... I can't bring myself to turn those poor students into parasite monsters or to capture those innocent meta-patients and delivering them into Luthor's clutches. It just doesn't sit well within my conscience.
    • Like x 2
  6. KillTheSilence New Player

Believe it or not, this will actually help sustain longevity of the game.
    • Like x 6
  7. Spector Knight New Player

An even more pertinent question is this: There's a player on USPS with the same name as mine and it's NOT me. Who gets to keep the name?

http://wavedox.com/worlds/all/characters?keyword=quantum elvis
  8. ??? Well-Known Player

You should go out more often. There was a big war, pvp phase in metro when you were at wt.
  9. Avian Dedicated Player

People were making sure whether or not the name was going to be available. Lots of ways to do this like adding the person who allready has the name to friend list. If the name was changed afterwards it would mean that the name is either available or someone else has taken it. You can also use the wavedox app or the other one to see if a character with the name you want exists. I checked both the wavedox app and my friendlist before I bought the rename token. In my case it still says that the name I want doesn't exist in my region but I still can't claim it, for other people who weren't told about this relatively big detail had no other way of knowing that it wasn't going to be like that.
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

they dont know yet , it was a poor kind of an apology nothing more ... they have plans for the future to merge servers but nothing in process right now ...thats all i can read from statement.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I still your name in my friends list all the time, you are right on top of the offline list. It would be fun to see it online again:)
    • Like x 1
  12. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Huh....told about something after the fact.

That doesn't sould like DCUO at all really.
  13. GrumpyBigBee New Player

I'm extremely excited about the cross play! I hope it's completed before year's end. My daughter plays on PC and I play on PS3 so it would be soooo very awesome to play co-op with her. As far as the names go... I make mine original so this hasn't been an issue for me since 2011. I have two character slots open but I doubt I'll even bother for now. People gobbling up names and trying to sell them is pretty sad in my opinion but that's the society we live in I guess...
    • Like x 1
  14. Yautja Level 30

Do not explain to me how to make sure if a name is free or not, or how to get it if it is free. I did my research about it carefully, before i buy whatever. There are many ways to prevent buying something that may become useless afterwards. Like in so many people cases where they weren't sure if the name is gonna be free, but they STILL bought a respec token.
    I mean... how dumb and ungrateful are people... You've been given an opportunity (not that the devs said "we guarantee that you gonna get the desired names") and even then you are whining, only because you are too stupid to predict something like that. Everybody had been given an equal start, so i do not understand why there are people whining and moaning like cvnts... And most of all... its only a damn names on a damn game.
  15. Pottymouthtoon Active Player

Is test server out of the question for ps4 then ? I mean if its cross play and they dont have their own server anymore is it possible?
  16. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I have an account on both platforms. I have a toon, Toxic Love, on USPS. I seldom ever touch that account any more owing to personal reasons, and before that a mandatory auto-update that fried my PS. So I switched to USPC a couple of years ago and made my toon T0XIC L0VE, because the name was taken. I friended the USPC version of Toxic Love. The person playing that account has been inactive this entire time. After the Name Reclaim, they became Toxic Love_I_I. The name did not exist to be re-added to my Friends List. But every attempt to rename T0XIC L0VE on USPC to Toxic Love failed validation because I already had the name on USPS - and the devs did not tell us until after the fact.

Now, I have actually been sitting on a Name Change Device on T0XIC L0VE for the majority of those two years I've had her. But the fact is I *very easily* could have bought another one just for this event, not knowing about the regional names thing. That is not stupidity. That is being misinformed.

People have a right to expect a refund.

As for me? I just want my afternoon back - I would not have waited all day for the servers to be up if I'd known this would happen.

• Like x 2
  17. Jonah Hecks New Player

Cross play is great but i would rather have seen a merger between EU and US. I have so many US gaming friends i am unable to play. Would this not be easier to do than cross platform.
  18. Avian Dedicated Player

You are literally making a fuss over people complaining about something, if it's not relevant to you then stay out of it and mind your own business. Who the actual s*** predicted that they would make names regional? Did you? Of course there is no gurantee that you would get your desired name but the only known factors for not getting it was either that the name wasn't affected by the name reclaim or someone claiming it before you did. Calling people dumb for something no one had a chance to predict and the DEVs clearly apologized for not telling us is completely ignorant. It wasn't even in small print, the information was simply not there.
    • Like x 3
  19. daniduke83 New Player

hey
    how can i play in ps4 server with my pc acount? coz if it possible i realy want to change server

THNX
  20. Willydon305 Well-Known Player

So what happens to inactive players? Do they just loss their name or they loss their entire character?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.