Race exploit in pvp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Can you please remove this exploit? when the "exploiter" is about to die in Open World pvp they press to "restart" the race and got teleport from the battle, it really annoying.

is it considered an exploit?
  2. Minnion Devoted Player

I thought that option was only available to people actually running the race after they had completed it... Which raises the question: Why are you getting into fights with people who are presumably running the race?
    • Like x 1
  3. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

No.. no...

What happened was that I catch someone pressing "retry" from race system to get teleported to the race node while fighting in the open world.

It works like that, you go to a race, start it. Once you start you go to pvp start a fight and if you're losing the fight just press to restart the race and accept it, when you accept it you got teleport back to the race node to start the race again, which is unfair and annoying, cuz it make you to literaly "escape" from the battle field. It a exploit.
  4. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Exemple:

*go to the race node*
    *start the race*
    *runs in the open world looking for a fight*
    *found someone and mess with him/her*
    *Oh noes i'm losing "health bar low"*
    *press retry race*
    *got teleported back to race node*
    *escape from the battle, active the race mode again and go back to fight*

so it literaly Teleport you to escape from the battle, it annoying.
  5. Solarverse2 New Player

Got to love the ingenuity of a PvPer in an MMORPG, haha. Sorry you have to deal with this, but PvPers will ALWAYS find ways to exploit. They always have and they always will. Anything it takes to win....anything.
    • Like x 5
  6. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I wouldn't say this is an exploit. I'd rather say it must be a very inconvenient way, if People intentionally use that as "Exit-strategy" from open-world-pvp, especially since a race breaks up after several minutes anyway, when you don't finish it.

The teleport back can't be taken away just because of that, or it whould destroy the fun for People, who have that the other way around:
    Who go to the PVP-Phase and do races there for the "kick" to have the possibility to be attacked in the middle of it.
    • Like x 1
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It actually can be taken away. You already can't teleport to say, your base in combat if memory serves correct. All they need to do is place a combat restriction on it. Running in PvP phase and being interrupted by another player is just flat out part of the risk you need to take if you decide to run in that phase.
    • Like x 1
  8. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Ok, "can't" like in "shouldn't", not technically "can't".

But now that I think longer about it, trying to understand, why someone should do races in the PVP-Phase, I might be wrong and it SHOULD be taken out, because People who do races on the PVP-Phase WANT the challenge, the thrill, I guess, and might welcome being attacked during a race and so don't need that teleport while in combat with another player.

If they didn't want that, they should just do races in the PVE-Phase.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Having someone else come along to screw up your day is sorta part of the PvP phase :p
  10. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Yeah, true. ;)

Like the guy who made a Video of his fastest Toyman-race, when heroes and villains still needed to do them together in the open world:
    Go PVP-Phase, wait at the end, beat up a guy with the thingy 50 meters before the end of the race and steal it from him to finish the last 50 meters only. :D
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

My personal favorite was the guy who just slapped a ton of mines across right near an area they HAD to pass through :p
  12. Waan King New Player

How did i not think of this? I'm going to try it later
  13. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

^Same. This is a great idea. Thanks OP.
    • Like x 1
  14. GuyverVII Well-Known Player

Hahaha same I'll think i'll try dueling and see if that still works xD
  15. kawe Loyal Player

PvPers.

:rolleyes:
  16. Minnion Devoted Player

See this is where you still have me confused... I thought you couldn't hit "Retry" until the race ended and the retry window poped up.
  17. Jamie New Player

A simpler solution may be that you are automatically in PvE mode when you are in a race. Once the race is over you go back to what ever mode you were in at the start of the race. Also block the ability to challenge and accept duals. While we are at it, block all invites when running a race. Half of my ignore list is from people trying to invite me while I was racing.
  18. Thorn New Player

Right, because PvEers never exploits things.
    • Like x 1
  19. just an honest dps New Player

that doesn't sound like an exploit to me. i consider that a tactical advantage.
    • Like x 1
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

If I remember correctly someone can't challenge you to a duel while you're in a race. I'd imagine it works the other way around but then again normally you can't teleport in combat and here we are :p
    • Like x 1