Soda Colas Changes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deepeess, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Do you feel like you need to be compensated for all the marks and money you spent on progression from T1 to T6?
    • Like x 8
  2. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

Big difference.
    All the marks and real world money went into progressing my character to CR111, 179 SP & the Quantum power (I'm 55 out of 40,000 USPC Quantum Heroes :p.
    If I started a new character right now then I would be spending similar marks for gear and style feats and some real world money for replays but not as much as Home Turf-WOTL1 is all old content now, but newly released back then for Aerovenger. It was obvious that new content would arrive as the tiers changed and obvious it would be easier to level.

But soder...there was no so much as a whisper that this very important game element would be changing at the expense of time, effort and millions of in-game cash. It is such a basic idea why was it never implemented years ago? It makes a huge change to the in-game economy and the whole in-game experience. It is a multi-million in-game economy! I made $50-70 million off soder next sales, but I also spent millions on the plans for every tier. Guys who skip over content I did back in the day lose out on the SP; guys who use soder extreme now will win-win-win whereas us veteran players who invested loads of time and cash in this in-game element lose out. It is such an extreme change that all the time doing it should be recognized as this idea should have been implemented years ago!
    • Like x 3
  3. MissNatasha New Player

I just bought the Bulldozer MK VI expert drink too =( cost me 1m ingame money and im broke now =P

I would hate to see all my hard work to make new soda to better help me heal is being removed for lesser versions and making the current ones work as well as the lessor ones....

I Don't mind if they make the extreme give a healing portal of life and redoing the soder and removing some and re adding some to keep less clutter but i feel they should always have better soders and keep mark versions just the regular extreme ones and the crafting ones and always make crafting ones better then mk and regular money ones but always keep money and mk ones good enough for end game content as well.
  4. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Just when the devs do something good, broker u.i., new dlc and quantum AM, they go and do this. It's not the crafting feat I care about but what about the millions people have spent buying all the high tier cola plans and those buying sodas out of the broker. I don't do this but there is a market and a lot of people are getting the cold shaft.
    • Like x 1
  5. DivineSire Dedicated Player

It's silly that this wasn't in from the beginning I agree but you made the choice to spend obscene amounts of money on plans instead of waiting for the free drops, that was your choice.

And could you please show us some mathmatics on how you come up with your multi million dollar assessment of the in game economy and how this will have some game changing impact. It would give us more to go on besides just you losing some business.
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

great news , i saw this coming actually i think i was first to mention it in one of the older test threads :)
  7. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

Although this change may irritate people who spent money buying soda plans, it is overall a plus for the game. It makes the best sodas attainable for free/premium members, consolidates and makes sodas easier to stock because of availability in vendors, and makes the distribution of health and power equal across the board. If you popped a soda before you were bound by the numbers it provided, with a percentage system in place your stats determine your health and power received, theoretically giving more health and power to tanks/heals because of increased health and power in these roles.

So, overall it's good for the game.
    • Like x 1
  8. Alekimsior New Player

I'm a glass cannon! lol Well, not really.... I'm a disruptive, shielding troll! XD
  9. Alekimsior New Player

Hm, i am still kinda confused. I feel like the rollback to Extreme Sodas will at the end net less recovery than a more specialized Soda used to: Next & Lime. So, I believe it will impact us. I also kept the LH filled with Next for all members, but this became irrelevant, as Sodas got clamped, so only at tier members could really take advantage of it.

Also, I do think that this stuff sort of makes Crafting less important in the game. I really do wish the devs found ways to make crafting more enjoyable: implement master crafters, crafters capable of harvesting more bit per nodes, capable of choosing what items to obtain when you salvage,being able to use less materials to craft stuff the more you go crafting. Right now, crafting Sodas was one of the best things ever. I really want to see how the Extremes will stack up compared to the Nexts and Limes. Hopefully, it won't heal less, otherwise, imo, it would be just dumb. Also, Sodas that provide HoT should be mantained. Maybe other healing items could be implemented, like pellets that you eat, stackable with the sodas that provide some other beneficial effects. Yes, I do believe crafting needs to be expanded.
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

A good change, to be honest. I've found it useful already.

Had a bit of trouble in the DLC13 solo at first, burned through all my soders and broke my gear. Threw down a repair bot, repaired my gear and stocked up on Extremes. It was nice knowing I had instant access to a useful soder.

Had this been Live, I'd have been required to leave the instance, go to HQ, buy some soders, buy an enhancer, craft a stack or two then return to the instance.

The scene was becoming too crowded, anyway and the game didn't collapse when Soders left PVP. Definitely a thumbs up from me.
    • Like x 4
  11. Solarverse2 New Player

Not a big fan of crafting anyway. Just another time sink that Developers of MMO's throw in to suck players in longer. Just so happens players are dumb enough to fall for it.
  12. Alekimsior New Player

So. You tested. You got answers. Clear my doubts. A Soda Extreme will heal you an equal amount as a Soda Cola Next? If you are CR111 and with 9000 HP? I really want to know the proportion that the new Sodas Heal.
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I can never seem to get T2 Soder plans. I've still got that feat (make soders from each plan).
    Meanwhile, I saw this in the UD notes in Teest forum last night and was :eek: then o_O and finally :confused:.
    Consolidated currencies... now consolidated Soders... what's next to free up memory for PS3. hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh
  14. VariableFire Loyal Player

If this wasn't going to spread to the other craftables, maybe. But I sense this is a dry run for cleaning house with the others as well in preparation for stat-clamping
  15. kawe Loyal Player

I actually welcome this change, I rly do. All the different sodas that clutter the R&D section etc. One high end cola and the buff colas, thats it. Straight forward and easy.

The thing making this bad is the time they do it... which is way too late. I feel bad for all those buying Lime and Ultra plans expensively from the broker.
    • Like x 2
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

They heal a random percentage of your overall HP between like 40/50% to 80/90% (I don't know the exact numbers off the top of my head).

You buy them individually from a vendor for $150 each and they stack into groups of 12 (which would cost you $1,800 for a stack).

If you are CR111 with 9000HP, your cola will randomly heal you somewhere between 4,500HP and 7,200HP.

If it helps reassure you, I couldn't tell the new Soder Cola Extremes weren't Soder Cola Ultras because they healed around about the same for me. It was nice, especially as they were cheap and readily available.
    • Like x 4
  17. Sore Steadfast Player

I really love this change. I'm tired of hoping I get the plan, buying colas from the marketplace, or begging leaguemates to craft them for me. It was way too much of an inconvenience for such a fundamental game mechanic.
    • Like x 8
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Agree with this. In fact, I usually by-pass soders all together and play cautiously because of the inconvenience they cause.

With a stack costing $1,800 and working just as good as Soder Cola Ultra's, I'll definitely be a regular Cola drinker from now on.
    • Like x 1
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Geez, I really wish people would drop this paranoid ideation. Spytle has already stated that, outside of seasonal content, any stat clamping in PvE will be optional, for those who want a challenge. The whole of PvE is not going to be clamped. Just stop.
    • Like x 4
  20. MetalMario Loyal Player

This is pretty annoying for the crafting feat but not a big deal otherwise. It's just slightly stupid that currently available craftable soders will not be better than the extremes.