Character Cloning...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMBOO New Player

Once again, this thread, the way I see it, is going to come down to, "I had to do this, so you should have to as well" versus "I do not have the time/desire/patience to do this again".

And again, all I will say is, if SOE were to do this, how upset would you really be?

Anyway, that is just the way I see it.
  2. Quantum Rising Committed Player

This goes to making alts easier. Not gonna happen. Devs already stated they are doing NOTHING in regards to making alts easier to build. If you want an alt friendly game look elsewhere. In the meantime the DCUO community will continue to see people spamming for a specific role in lfg chat for 30+ minutes.
  3. Zizzi New Player

If you guys want to pay $30 for a clone of your character then be my guest.

Personally, I love leveling up characters with different powers/movement combinations, best of all is that it's free. It takes some extra time but I don't mind. I play this game for fun anyways, not to be the top dog in every single category.
    • Like x 3
  4. Event_Horiz0n New Player

I don't wanna work I just wanna bang on my drum all day.....
  5. SoylentBob New Player

Pay-to-win?
    [IMG]

Alts are easy to build. There are no more MoAs. The Vault gives free MoTs. You can send cash* and goods to your Alts. You can get uber friends to power-level you and even carry you through end-game content. It's just like the Gates walkthroughs, only the CR limit is enforced. The drive to have Lv4 Mainframes has plenty of ubers willing to do low-rent content just for the Marks.
    Some Modded CC gear can push you to CR70, and then everything is open. If you missed any Feats along the way, they will be that much easier at CR70+. Ubers can easily get you the Feats, and newBz need to get the Feats just like you do.
    You'll need to wait for Seasonal Feats, so the only Feats you need to "earn" are racing Feats.
    • Like x 1
  6. YodaDog New Player

^yea that. When you see me and Bob nodding in agreement and saying the same thing??... Your idea is officially a fail. Everything he just said is absolutely true and there is nothing "unfriendly" about it with regards to your alts. Good lord, I have SO MUCH BEEF with this new content... But this?? Not this... This is just silly...
  7. PlatypusMessiah New Player

I don't believe this to be the case. The guy is brutally effectiant and a heck of an organizer. There are many players with over 140 sp that have jobs and families and see the sun as well as take showers. All in all, this is a pretty easy game.

Too me it sounds like you want to play casually whie having a lot of high end toons. If you don't ave te time to keep all your toons at the desired level you want tem, maybe you should scale back. There are also a number of trade offs. Any toon with 100 sp really doesn't need more. T4 armor is easy to get. Base items to level 2 is easy enough. What's wrong with that for an effective and contributing alt?
    • Like x 1
  8. Tokkenn Active Player

Me guesses this is the OP and his/her supporters first MMO experience. Just saying.
    • Like x 1
  9. Exostorm Well-Known Player

I would love to run an alt within that much time, but I'm usually too busy working on my main within what little free time that I have during the weekend. I've had an alt that I've been trying to work on for a year now, but usually end up having to bench him in order to continue working on my main. It's got nothing to do with "being lazy", it's simply a case of just not having enough free time in the week to dedicate to grinding for more than one character at a time.

Now, with that said, I have no problem putting the work into my alt, and it's much easier and faster now than it was a year ago. Of course my main suffers for that time lost, but it's a needed sacrifice. But I won't lie, if something like this were implemented (it never will be), I would be one of the first people putting money into it. And I would bet that a good chunk of the naysayers in here would too (I said a good chunk, not all).
  10. Twilight Man New Player

The only way I would support this idea is of it was limited to one use per account. Meaning you only get to clone once...make it count. You mess up, your fault. No crying, no catering to our every need just cuz we cloned last month but now theres new gear so we want to clone again.

...once per psn account, or none at all. Nice suggestions btw
  11. SoylentBob New Player

If you don't have time for an Alt, you don't have time for an Alt.

What? If someone GAVE you an ubered Alt, you'd suddeny have time?

If you're willing to throw money at another role, grab a Respec Token. Even a clone will have to obtain gear, so you might as well grab some while you've still got a functioning CR89. Heck, use your universal DPS gear. You can even save a few bucks by buying a Respec Token with Loyalty Points (or free* monthly Station Cash).
    • Like x 3
  12. Comixfan Committed Player

Well aware of that, but even unlocking Boost 2 of one accessory for a month is a stretch. Certainly not maintainable on multiple alts.

As for not needing any of the accessories to complete current content, I wouldn't be able to do half of the new solo missions let alone the solo instances if it wasn't for backup, orbital strike & supply drop, and I'm full T4 modded gadgets 'troller.
  13. Bioinc Skull Committed Player

Why does everyone want the feats to come easy, just grind for em if you want them.
    • Like x 1
  14. PKMN12 New Player

they believe that they are entitled, and should not have to work to get a second character up, even though it is easy to begin with
  15. Aqua New Player

Tsk tsk. Once again in the time you spent complaining you lost at least two sp you could have got on an alt ...
  16. Bioinc Skull Committed Player

I mean it's not like your alts need that many SPs to be effective, a guy in my league has +130 SPs on his main but only feels he needs 40 on his alts as they aren't meant to be as strong as your main and don't need to be.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black-Zero New Player

I have been online since they where text based and started UO in its first month post release. I have played a lot of MMOs long before they were called MMOs. The difference now, I am not a 20 something with 23 hrs a day to kill. I have a family and my "Hardcore" days are on pause for now. I started with Palladium PnP as a teen.

In all my past games ALTs where a real part of the game to fill the gap, when desired roles where lacking. They also extended a gamers game-life but letting us experience the different type of play-styles. I am not asking for everything on a silver platter. I just do not see the point of having to Grind out 250 Challenges on an ALT. It's content I have already done and I hated it the first time.

For example; I go for that 250 challenge feat on an ALT, at 10 mins average time per challenge that is still 41 Hrs of redoing content, for each ALT. For 1 feat.

Even a simple change like any Feat with a numerical value carries over across the account. So that any toon I use and complete a challenge with adds to the "challenge total" and once done, its done for all my alts. That alone would not break the game and eliminate 100s of hours of mindless grinding. Worse case you have a Lvl 1 toon with 10 SP.
  18. Ice Lantern New Player

If you want the benefits of having and maintaining good alts, work for it. It's that simple. Yes, it can be a struggle at times. But the same people asking to be gifted things are gonna be the same people cry8ing that there isn't anything for them to do.
  19. Twilight Man New Player

Elderscrolls Online...,
  20. Killua19 New Player

uhm yes? that is the point? because you know? Casual players shouldnt play mmorpgs? because mmorpgs are not intended to be played by casual players? I said it a thousand times and i will sayit again: MMORPGS requiere to put time and effort into your character. They cant be compared to normal RPGS by the pure fact that the gameplay is diffrent, you play with other people and the technical standards are also very diffrent. If you play this game only once or twice a week thats fine but you cant expect that the game hands you everything. MMORPGS work like this: You do much you get rewarded. You do nothing you get almost nothing. Whats the point of playing a game if its so easy that everybody gets his stuff pretty much done for them?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.