Leaguemates kicking players last boss Dox and most likely others

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GrandWonder, Jan 2, 2015.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Sadly, I do not foresee anyone giving the reason, "I'm kicking you because I am a jerk." Not everyone gives the real reason. ;-p

I was in Oolong last week, the tier 2 version, and I was playing with a controller who was combat rating 48 or 49. We had two tier 6 players from a league with us, and they fought alongside us until we beat the first boss. They then stopped and waited midway between the first zone and the second zone while me and the controller cleared the androids and then activated the satellite devices. I was wondering why they hadn't joined us, and then I saw the controller get kicked.

The controller and I were obviously contributing, even ran part of it as a duo, but it became clear very fast that these two league-mates were just biding their time to kick us, so I initiated a vote to excuse myself. I wonder if they queued solely to get collections and not have to share the need/greed/pass with us. Rutherfordium maybe was on their minds...
  2. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

The only thing that's kind of sad is when people get kicked, i would say more than half the people who vote don't read what their voting for. They could be kicking their buddy or disbanding the instance. All you hear is. "why am I in a loading screen". lmao. The thing about kicking players especially in hard content is them not following instruction. In dox and lnw that is really frustrating especially when you are going for feats, and they don't have mics or any fast way to respond. Those are justifiable kicks. I have been playing dox a long time, and I know the raid inside and out. So I personally don't put up with it very long.
    • Like x 2
  3. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

In that scenario where you will be kicked you have to kick first. The second your gut feeling tells you do it. This only works if you have talked with your comrade or you have a friend. I had to do this the other day. A player said he had enough of us so I thought he was going to kick me and my friend. Once he kicks one of us the other is next in 5min. Needless to say I drew first. The sad thing is the argument got started over a disagreement in opinions. o well. Draw first or you might be seeing Powergirl sooner than you think lol.
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I don't like being kicked, and know it's being abused, but i honestly don't know what can be done about it without more issues. How about people start coming with ideas. Removing it completely is not a good idea
    • Like x 1
  5. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Some players will kick for any reason. Like you didn't do a attack you was suppose to. You died. Kicking abuse in instances is really annoying. I only kick players for screaming over a game or not doing anything. When i get kicked for nothing i add those players to my ignore list. There are players that pick players at random and blame them then kick. Not a high enough cr kick. Trolls are really bad at this on blaming each other. I don't think the kick abuse will stop. What can really be done about it. Some players deserve to get kicked. Very rarely i find someone like that. If I couldn't kick someone that deserves it. Like someone bashing on the group or not doing anything.
  6. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

I agree with the highlighted statement. It takes a yes vote by a majority of players to kick someone. But I'm confused by what is considered a majority by the game? half the group? 1 more than half? And who counts? Are all the players taken into consideration or just a majority of the votes? It seems that I've seen people get kicked with less then 4 yes votes and no/none/zero no votes, I may be mistaken about this, but I hardly ever see 7 total votes (not counting the kick initiator) cast in a Raid before someone gets kicked.

In all honesty, to remain objective about this, the OP wasn't kicked by 3 members of a rouge league, but rather they were kicked by a process that is easy to confuse with group loot, and/or it just pops up at inopportune times and is just to easy to dismiss without an "are you sure you want to do this" option.
  7. Original Kal Well-Known Player

Kicking need to go away.
  8. Little MD Well-Known Player

Wait, the highlighted part must just be a thing for PS4 b/c in PC the loot option is completely process and is nearly impossible to get confused. Also, if it pops up at an inopportune moment, and the player chooses to ignore the vote, isn't that an automatic "NO" to the kick? I'm pretty certain this is the case for excusing oneself too.

TBH, in a struggling group, many are looking for a scapegoat to pin the blame to. It's just much much easier to say YES and convince oneself that the person getting kicked is the reason for the struggle. ALSO, for the OP, I can maybe see a thought process where the four others in the raid might be intimidated by the possibility of the three rogue league mates leaving raid in case the kick did not go through, and just agreeing to kick an innocent.

Is this morally right? No. But it might have been the safest and the most guaranteed way for the other four raid members to finish the instance.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

That's being excessively diplomatic, don't you think?
  10. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

Sorry about that. I failed to even consider that notifications might appear differently on each platform. I was/am refering to the playstation 3 and 4 in my post. The little notification icons for group loot, a pending Queue, re-open instance, and kicking vote, on ps3 and ps4, all appear down by the chat window, and they each look like the D-pad of a controller, but they have different colorings and/or auras. So if you're not paying attention, you might just hit up on the D-pad and then automatically hit the X button to get into the group loot menu, only it wasn't group loot and you just voted yes to kick someone. Maybe the yes and no buttons need to be moved to the Square and Triangle buttons?
  11. Awesome Barney Well-Known Player

I'm sooooooooo with that idea :) Can i haz Veto on that? Forget GU44 .. give IQ based servers!!! :)
  12. BA Baracus Well-Known Player

Don't run with jerks. Problem solved
    • Like x 1
  13. kawe Loyal Player

They sadly don't give you that introduction when you form a group. If they did we wouldn't have a problem. And pugging is an essential method on getting instances done, we can't just ignore the ppl that have and want to rely on pugging.
    • Like x 1
  14. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

no, it isn't... sharing names via pm isn't blacklisting...
  15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Wise words.

I hope you can find a way to track this and find out what's truly going on. Currently the kicked ones are complaining, but is that all that is happening?

I think it is important to know why it happens to be able to find a decent method to fix it. Kicking became less of a problem after individual loot was introduced, so why are people kicking now?
    • Like x 1
  16. Pentac Active Player

You can say this [league] gracefully showed me the door! - That's not really talking bad about them :)
  17. Serj Committed Player

decent? why is it only decent and not great? i think if more players start acting like they're in a GROUP scenario and get treated as such, like they're part of the team, get praised for stickin together and acting as a team... because at the end if team x gets through the content that's all that matters, and who knows, it might even encourage the community to stop being so elitist when it comes to who needs to stay or go.
    • Like x 2
  18. BA Baracus Well-Known Player

The more you play the game, the more you will get to know the community.
  19. kawe Loyal Player

True, but not as easy, been playing for three years, 2 of them in leagues, so when I pug or start pugging it's not easy to tell who to avoid. By now I have a bit of an idea which leagues I rather don't run with, or certain players. But you can never truly know. :/