About the Munitions and the next 2 powers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Maxwill, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Maxwill Committed Player

Hello people

I was wondering when they will bring the new power , Munitions,Atomic and Experimental Serums...

According to Spytle they should bring these 3 powers untill August 2015 , right?

So what do you guys think?

Will the 3 new powers come on live untill August 2015? or they will delay them for 2016?
  2. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

they'll probably be spread out and id guess they'd release Munitions maybe around Feb-April 2015
  3. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I would rather them delay them for 2016 and let them work on balancing the powers we have now.
  4. Gucciana Committed Player

thats not gonna happen how many years have they been trying to balance powersnow? i dont think giving them another year will do anything
    • Like x 1
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Best if they delay until 2016. The longer they delay the more of a chance for them to change their mind about the PS3.

However these powers animations are very-much already in game via enemies from strikers, ace chemicals, and various other npcs.
  6. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Nay, l expect Muni powers somehow around new year, maybe Jan or like that, because they said going to be December them. As for Atomic, oh mah goodness, l just can't wait for it; l've donated untouched moolah specially for it!, & l hope to see it in April, or maybe even March test, just put it ASAP plz. Serums obviously at summer.
  7. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Once the Advanced Mechanic has been introduced for Quantum, I’m pretty sure we’ll start seeing signs of Munitions.

That said, that takes into account that no work is done to Celestial and Rage, to one degree or another.
  8. MrBeefCakes New Player

Needs to come ASAP!
    • Like x 1
  9. ACW37162 Loyal Player

My guess is you will see Munition on test in January and live four to six weeks after that.

If they follow form and pattern and go Atomic next, I'm thinking you wont see Atomic till July / August based soley on the specualtion at SOE Live that while they had a idea for Atomic nothing had been tied down yet they even listed two possible AM's options on the slide as they obviously had not decided yet if it was going to be combo power or advanced interactions.

Im not overly excited for munitions save this will be the first power released with it's AM mechanic built into it from the ground up and not forced into powers designed before the thought of AM's existed. Given how overly negative the community reaction at least publicly has been to fire and ice for various reasons they have a lot on the line with muntions being a mobile focused attack based AM. Although, if they do a exceptional job with muntions the fire and ice users will be burning down the forums with the Whyyyyyyyyy was this not give to (insert fire/ice) here...

I am as equally interested in what if anything they add to celstial or rage and if celestial, rage, earth, or sorcery will get a power back feature next year.

Don't forget whe have a new UI in development a new HUD in development, hero/villian broker merger, more Survial modes, more legends PVE, still have Shazam/Black Adam/Flash/Gorilla Grodd coming for legends at least eight more DLC's (AF2-3, HOP 2-3, WOTL 3, and the three Supermean based they announced at SOE Live). All of this goodness plus all the suprises along the way.

Edit: My hope for this Holiday sesaon is something Jens mentioned in passing in a post awhile back. That DCUO continues to grow both as a game and as revenue stream in hope that SC can add resources more employees, more computers, more internal testers, more hardware, more tech, more fun for all of us.....
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Why the heck are they even adding munitions and serums?! Idk even know why they added quantum. Only 2 popular DC characters would use serums and munitions is just ridiculous, no offense to anyone who wants it but it just seems like gadgets but with bigger guns, who even uses munitions in DC besides Deathstroke and maybe Arsenal.

Also to add a power dont multiple famous heroes need to use it? Only bane and maybe that guy who can shrink would use serums but that's only 2 people and they aren't even that big. Atomic is OK, captain atom, firestorm, maybe Starfire use atomic powers, but quantum (even though I love it) serums and munitions seem pointless
  11. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

I dont understand your reasoning? Are you implying that they only add powers that make recreating already-existing characters possible? Why would they want to lock people out of new experiences and ideas?
    • Like x 3
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

OK for munitions its just a copy of gadgets with maybe better animations and bigger guns
    And for the other the game is called.DC Universe online, the powers In the game should be powers similar to the big characters in the DC universe. Its like adding shadow powers when no one but Slade uses them. Or quantum, no character manipulates space and stops time like skimming for example, only Static Shock uses skimming
  13. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Though tbh I do like the idea of quantum but it just seems too god-like if you know what I mean
  14. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Yes...being able to manipulate time is a very god-like concept that is not fulfilled with the current powerset. Anyways i mean that they obviously want variety in all their available powers rather than just the most well-known and widely used in the DC Universe. I expext Munitions to be like Power-Armor based abilities whereas Gadgets is meant for stealthy individuals. I expect it to remind me of Luthor's suit or War Machine from Marvel if you take my meaning
  15. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

The thing is, DCUO's development team has a trait that is both positive and negative, predictability. This is a negative because you know things like bugs getting fixed and weapon/power balance will never be a reality due to their track record. On the other hand this predictability can be a positive thing when it comes to new powers.

When Celestial was announced we saw thread after thread of how it was just going to be a Sorcery clone. We even saw several threads saying how Rage would be just like Light. Both of these things couldn't be farther from the truth. Each of these powers brought something new and unique to the game and in most cases surprised a lot of people.

If there is one thing you can be sure about it's that Munitions will be it's own unique power set. Also, I am sure their are many more influences for the dev teams choices, even if subtle, that you may not have taken into account. Considering you didn't even mention Sgt. Rock, the Munitions inspired by, so just sit back and wait. I'm sure, at least in this area, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    • Like x 7
  16. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Didn't think of lex luthor, I agree now
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Tbh I can't wait for all 3 of them but your right about rage and celestial people also thought quantum would be a mental clone, the thing is tho is I can't imagine munitions being way different than gadgets, just like atomic and fire powers (despite the color)
  18. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

You know who Dr Manhattan is? He uses quantum powers and can kill superman with the swipe of a finger, that's how I meant its god-like BTW, like if u can control time you can erase someone can't you?
  19. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I've been around for more than two years and I know that only one thing is certain: Power and weapon balancing is a neverending process and they will also continue to add more powers as long as they can.

The devs hinted in some posts, that the PS3 doesn't have enough space for 3 more powers right now, but they also hinted that the new UI will free up enough space to make it possible :).
    • Like x 1
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Any power can be godlike if you have enough of it. Saying Quantum is godlike is just ridiculous. Everyone has varying degrees of control over their selected power. For example in DC comics the character Ice can manipulate ice (obviously) but in Marvel comics Iceman can not only manipulate ice but he can also create conscious ice creatures with a will of their own and when Emma Frost switched bodies with him she was able to use his powers to actually turn his body to water. Not all people who have the same power have the same abilities. Doctor Manhattan is godlike, yes, but that in absolutely no way whatsoever means everyone with Quantum powers is godlike.
    • Like x 7