important question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Richy, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richy New Player

how many more days are left until you guys cut ps3 loose ?
  2. Wildbill0124 New Player

Mepps has said there are no plans to drop Ps3 anytime soon
    • Like x 1
  3. PromethiumLockbox New Player

I honestly don't see how people are still playing DCUO on the PS3... Once you zone into an area, you need to wait 10 minute for adds to render and sometimes they don't render at all. For a game running on Unreal Engine, you would think there wouldn't be any issues with the rendering.....
  4. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Probably many years. PS3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It would be nice for it to not get supported from a creative game development stand point, as it would free up the developers to do more ambitious things with the game, but the PS3 is what is financially holding dcuo up. For the most part at least.
    • Like x 3
  5. ChuckLess New Player

Why even make this thread? It will just be locked anyway.
    • Like x 3
  6. Her02Zer0 Well-Known Player

Lol you may wanna blur out the curse word in your sig before it gets reported or something :p
  7. Richy New Player

hmmm ok o.o XD i would of been like eh its been a good run back into retirement
  8. PromethiumLockbox New Player

Took it out, don't want anyone crying to the moderators. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  9. Her02Zer0 Well-Known Player

Lol now its perfect, ppl get upset at so many minor things nowadays :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Owl Devoted Player

Sony submitted a NEW PS3 model to the FCC for certification in April, 2014:
    https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...me=Y&application_id=187859&fcc_id=AK8CBEH19S1

Plus Sony sold more than 3 million New PS3s in 2014.

I doubt PS3 support will go away anytime soon as a new, lower cost PS3 model is being released in 2015.

A Solid State Drive installed in a PS3 improves load times for objects and opponents.
    A PS3 with a SSD installed will load objects faster than a PS4 with the stock drive. A PS4 is much more stable.

Due to the PSN attack over the past few days, PS3 players had a much higher chance to get into DCUO than PS4 players.
    • Like x 5
  11. ChuckLess New Player

Ah, the irony....
    • Like x 2
  12. nohealhere New Player

my guess 2016
  13. JustSome_Chick New Player

You know, ever since SOME of the population got their massively expensive PS4 consoles, they Suddenly forget that just months ago, they too were playing on a PS3 and guess what? You loved it. Enough to keep playing when you got a new system.

There are still a LOT of people who play on PS3, and aren't going to upgrade $500 worth of tech anytime soon.

Wishing for a huge chunk of the player base to be kicked out of the game by having their console taken from support for the game is wishing for the death of the game. But hey, if that's what you really want, selfish yourselves into the grave. Have fun with that.

(And yes, I play on PS3, but I also play on PC, so this isn't just about me- though most people don't have the option to play on more than one system.)
    • Like x 1
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

There are two issues with the PS3. First harddrive. If a player updates the harddrive it almost makes the PS3 for DCUO operate like a PS4. The issue resolves around a slower spinning harddrive between the two devices. By upgrading the harddrive one will see improve rendering, especially with a SSD.

The next is the other hardware, nothing you can do about it but deal with it.

The PS3 is a fairly powerful device and I'm pretty sure that DCUO is not utilizing the fulll potential of the cell processor to maximize the rendering and other issues we are seeing on the PS3.
  15. Richy New Player

may i ask what what a SSD is
  16. Owl Devoted Player

A Solid State drive is basically a storage device that stores data on Flash memory.
    A Solid State drive has no moving parts as it is an array of memory.
    This is different than a standard hard drive which has a spinning magnetic platter that is read by a mechanical arm.

Solid State Drive information on wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive
  17. Richy New Player

wait does it mean solid state drive ?
  18. Richy New Player

19. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I'm surprise you didn't ask me about the cell processor. It is still quite powerful; the bottle neck on the PS3 is the RAM. If it had 2GB or 4GB it would still be very revelant today. But it has 1GB total and is kinda dying because of that. However, great prorgrammers are able to use some of the cells EPU to by pass the lower RAM to gain peformance, I don't think DCUO is doing that so it is suffering on the PS3....
  20. Owl Devoted Player

The PS3 only has 256 MB of system memory and 256 MB of Video memory.
    Game code and the Operating system run in the system memory.
    The PS3 Operating system takes roughly 60 MB of the system memory leaving less than 200 MB for a game to work with.
    DCUO streams most content from the Hard drive due to this limitation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.