The reality this 12-day Sale has given us.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GregDawe, Dec 20, 2014.

1. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I've noticed that the past several days, the launcher doesn't have any notice as to what's on sale, and the sale prices themselves are not updating at midnight either. I usually have to check back well into the mid-morning to noon to see what's been put on sale, and I can't imagine how annoying that is for those in Euro or Asian timezones.
  2. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

While I have taken advantage of the sales (particularly the recovery kits and replay badges but I have bought a bit of everything), I do think there should have been some more exclusive and/or rare items entered into these daily deals. Either way, I'm pretty happy with some of the deals that I did get (plus my gift aura).
    • Like x 1
  3. GregDawe New Player

I agree...24 hours to obtain 3 rare or exlcusive items...the 3 items changing each day and not returning at full price for a few months, just to create demand.

Providing they were good enough, you most likely had 1 each day from me, if not more.

As for the gift auras, not really part of this topic.
    Was a good touch from the Devs.
    I did sell my Black for 4mil, which then bought me a Green Nimbus :p
    • Like x 1
  4. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

This would be a great idea and would keep players more interested in the sales. Sure, they did have great deals, but not anything that players cannot pick up throughout the year, with the exception of the Santa hat and antlers).

Nice deal on that black aura, BTW :cool: Even those lost out steam once they became a permanent item on the MP. Had they kept them as a "one day" item only I'm sure people would have flooded the market place to get one. Then you could have made $15 mil on yours :p
    • Like x 1
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

One thing i'd love to see, is the villain faction pve/pvp vendor stylesets available in marketplace. They are already made, so it wouldn't be too much effort to put them in the marketplace. Of course, hero vendor stylesets would be in there too, for the villains to get.

They could atleast pick one or two sets from each faction and try it out, because I know a whole lot of people on the heroside that's very interested in most of the villain faction vendor stylesets, especially the techy ones.

These sets wouldn't lead to any feats of course, just the styles.

For copyright reasons, we wouldn't be able to buy the opposing lantern sets and whatever, but I don't see why i wouldn't be able to rock the Metallo styleset, for example.
    • Like x 1
  6. GregDawe New Player

My ideal 12 day sale:**set your own prices**
    Sat13: Fire Sale!!!
    Fire Aura
    Firey Weapon Pack
    Firey Amor Pack
    Power/Movement Respecs
    DLC1

Sun14: Absolute Zero!!!
    Frosty Aura
    Frozen Weapon Pack
    Frozen Armor Pack
    Name/Body/Personality Respecs
    DLC2

Mon15: DCUO has simply gone Mental!!
    Distorted Aura
    Cerebral Weapons Pack
    Cerebral Armor Pack
    All non-Amenity Base Items, & Deeds
    DLC3

Tues16: These prices are unNatural!!
    Natural Growth Aura
    Organic Weapons Pack
    Organic Armor Pack
    Base Amenities & Base Styles
    DLC4

Wed17: This is not a hack!!!
    Binary Aura
    Digital Weapons Pack
    Digital Armor Pack
    All Bots
    DLC5

Thurs18: You Will buy, we Fear our margins!!
    Emerald Mist Aura & Amber Mist Aura
    Green & Yellow Weapons Packs
    Emerald & Amber Construct Armor Packs
    All Legends
    DLC6

Fri19: What Sorcery is this?
    Magicians Aura
    Spellbound Weapons Pack
    Spellbound Armor Pack
    All Suits
    DLC7

Sat20: Thunderbolts & Lightning, these prices are frightening!!
    Static Aura
    Voltaic Weapons Pack
    Voltaic Armor Pack
    All Style Items (not including Auras)
    DLC8

Sun21: Rock Bottom!!!
    Anti Gravity Aura (rocks hovering around you)
    Tectonic Weapons Pack
    Tectonic Armor Pack
    All Basic Auras
    DLC9

Mon22: Little time left, and little space in the inventory
    Planetary Ring Aura & Time Shift Aura
    Temporal Weapons Pack
    Temporal Armour Pack
    All Toys
    DLC10

Tues23: Blessed are these prices, cursed are your profits.
    Demonic Aura & Holy Aura
    Sacred & Wicked Weapon Packs
    Sacred & Wicked Armor Packs
    All Guises
    DLC11

Wed24: You'll be Furious to miss this!!
    Crimson Mist Aura, Amethyst Mist Aura, Citrine Mist Aura & Azure Mist Aura
    All Weapon Packs
    Crimson, Amethyst, Citrine & Azure Construct Armor Packs
    Escrow and slot upgrades.
    DLC12

All Italic items are new, and are sold in the MP starting Easter and they stay there forever more.

There is however a Day13
    Thurs25: THE DAY OF GIVING
    EVERYTHING THAT WAS IN THE SALE, 50% OFF!!
    Happy Holidays
    • Like x 3
  7. Superskull85 Devoted Player

There was something I wanted this year but the only thing I'll really want next year is the new auras. I maxed out the Deeds, Armories, styles, Legends, etc. that I would need through the year of 2014. I had Upgrades done from previous years. In 2015 I will likely not need the Legends (since I'll be buying them with Loyalty Points when they are released) and I have everything else I need. That leaves those new auras.

Having more added to the Marketplace that is not already in-game (like actual Base Items) in 2015 would help a lot in making me purchase items during a sale.
    • Like x 1
  8. Waan King New Player

Couldn't agree more with you, OP. Marketplace is really poor atm, and I don't understand why..imo it's a cash cow that sony is not milking properly, considering how many people care about aestethic stuff like auras and base items.

I would love to see new styles and suits (bandito and buckaroo were really good) and maybe...new hairstyles!
    • Like x 1
  9. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I'd buy an arcade game base item pack,
    Skee Ball
    Air Hockey table
    Stand up and table top arcade video games
    Etc and stuff

Also now that we have HUGE open spaces in our League Halls how about some sports stuff,
    Soccer(Futball) goals*
    Football goal posts* ....and a demon from SoT to kick through the uprights;)
    Basketball hoops*
    Baseball diamond
    Swimming pool with diving platforms or the pool from the summer event I have to take a minute before leaving at the end to swim every time.

*maybe the whole field or court
    • Like x 5
  10. D.S. New Player

Agree completely. Right now I get 500 coins a month and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to spend them on.

(Some of) what I would like to see available for purchase

- Furniture, furniture, furniture! Especially difficult to find pieces, like the Mystical set. Right now decorating bases in the way you would like can be quite difficult having to hunt and hunt for the pieces you actually want. This is the kind of thing the market should be for. Could even have variant colors and/or textures. Just give us a way to decorate better, please.
    (That said, why cant we have furniture vendors in the game? Similar to the style vendors and such, just put a few guys selling nothing but base items around the world so we can better control decorating)

- Art This game has a rather poor selection of wall decor. Every home you go into the walls will probably look similar. Art should be unbelievably easy to pump out large selections of pieces as the size and frames can stay the same, only the print itself would need change.

- ...especially Iconic Art A poster or portrait of Superman, WW, Batman, Lex, Joker, etc. Each sold separately, I imagine. Seems a logical inclusion in the game and they would likely sell very well. Could even just use the games load screens, such as

[IMG]

- ...even, Customizable Art? Not likely to happen, but who wouldn't buy a portrait off the market place of their specific character? I have multiple outfits for each character so I would probably buy quite a few of these. Having the ability to purchase a custom art piece that matches my armory styles would be fantastic. And make them where they can at least be given to the League Hall.

- Holiday packs Older players probably already have most all of it, but a new player should be able to go to the market, spend a couple bucks, and decorate for Halloween or Christmas or whatever. They can even be color variants of the items available in the game content to get more people to purchase them. I'd probably even leave them up year round so people can buy in advance (or impulse buy)

- ALL Wall Dividers Why are the Luxurious and Dynasty the only dividers available for purchase in the market? The bases are set up horribly, imo, with little way to separate out individual rooms. Those room dividers are much needed for some people. There are so few available though, and the ones which are available are not all sold on the market. Why?

- More Style specific Base Styles This exists to some extent, but not nearly enough. Like why isn't there a room divider style for each base style? Why is there not a furniture style for each? The Amenity items for each base style should have a matching furniture style.

- Power specific base items Say you are Earth powers, how would you currently indicate that in your base? Some have pieces which work, but not all do and not all. Full sets of pieces designed to specifically match your specific power set available for purchase much like the weapons would be a no brainier, imo. If absolutely nothing more, a Bed, Couch, End Table, pair of Chairs, etc available in each power style should be available for market purchase. Room Dividers in the power styles would also be a must, imo.

- Iconic base items Many of the iconic NPC characters have specific piece(s) of furniture around them that gives some personalization to their locations. Why are some of these not available for purchase on the marketplace?

- NPCs Kind of like the target dummies, just not holograms and not tied to Amenity spots. I mean just people/robots we can set around in our house if we so choose. A little movement in them would be a huge bonus, but wouldn't even be needed. Having a scientist or two standing around in my Venom lab, doctor in my medical bay, construction worker in my Cave, or even just a Chef in my kitchen... We can have our own version of Alfred! I know I would probably buy multiple of these.

then moving away from base items, my other biggest desire is

- Custom Sidekick styles! Even if they are generic color-appropriate body-suits or already in-game npc outfits (like those given to the Henchmen), why not release a pack of Sidekicks styles available for purchase on the market that matches your specific power? At the very least, how about color variants for their current (horrible) outfit? My sidekick looks so out of place next to me I almost hate pulling it out. That it currently matches every other sidekick only makes it worse. Since you probably aren't going to allow us to personalize their outfit styles, how about we at least get a way to have a different looking one?

- ...or even, custom sidekick trinkets? Like trinket styles for our characters. We could have Demon Sidekicks, Snowmen sidekicks, and on and on... Each with their own specific powers, although still tied to the 5-tier system purchasable through the bases, I imagine.
    • Like x 4
  11. GregDawe New Player

I have been campaigning for a new set of Lair layouts for a little bit now (I think the current ones are kinda outdated an not very practical)

If we got new ones (even if we didn't I guess), I want a Shark Tank!!!
    Or at least a Tank with a big sea monster in it!!
    One of Aquaman's hectic sea monsters?
    For interrogations, my hero does tap into the red end of the emotional spectrum from time to time.
  12. GregDawe New Player

Those intractable base items are ones that would go alright I reckon.

A few more Lair themes as well, I want mine on Oa :p or at least the moon
  13. Pink Delilah New Player

What is today,Tuesday 23rd sale?
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

Base items, base amenities, armories....
  15. Smart Bomb Well-Known Player

They aren't doing a good job at advertising what is on sale at all, I have to ask league members when I log on if I can't get onto the forums to find out. Surely the sale item should be on the front page of the marketplace.
    • Like x 1
  16. rival exe New Player

for me this sale was a bust. no DLC sales == nothing worth buying
    • Like x 1
  17. rival exe New Player

calling it a disappointment would be an understatement
  18. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Day 11: Lair styles and Deeds ? % off
    Day 12: Base items including Armories and Amenities up to 50% off
  19. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I bought all of the base themes, the amenities, replay badges, a few style items (in this department, I only see ugliness beside a few pieces) a movement respec token and a power respec token. I bought extra slots for my bank and my inventory and a few radar enhancers. Who says that the market is poor?
    Certain ideas are good, but honestly, the market is good as it is already.
  20. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Mist auras will probably be in the next Booster Bundle which will probably come sometime in Jan or Feb. However this is pure speculation.