Dear Devs: About The 'Accidental Perfection' Feat...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Oct 15, 2014.

1. DizzyKraken Developer

Thanks for the comments. As you probably can deduce, different teams work on different portions of the game, so a bug in breakouts or in combat mechanics would not be on the same plate as work for my team - we make all the missions, feats, NPCs, and stories in the game.

We commonly fix simple bugs that do not impact our schedule and this feat was determined to be "bugged." Despite some people liking the brutality of its challenge it needed to be updated. The game should be fun and challenging and the pre-change feat did not fit these categories to my expectations. Also, last week, we did change the name from "Accidental" - which should go Live when the clue changes are hot-fixed out.
    • Like x 13
  2. Nightwish Well-Known Player

So.....just ran artifact and unless I'm just that oblivious to my surroundings, I didn't see any clues whatsoever.

.Did anybody else have better luck finding these clues?
    • Like x 1
  3. Draphin New Player

"Col. Mustard in the library with the candle stick". Thats the only clue I know of! lol ;p
  4. damagedealr New Player

thats why the dev say their changing its name soon, who cares if its no longer luck based no feat in this game should ever be luck based its all about skill.
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

So the HIVE Defender Feat was skill based a year ago?

Also I'd like to point out that this post of mine is pretty old and a dev already told me in one of these threads that the feat will be renamed.
    • Like x 1
  6. damagedealr New Player

multiple fixes came for the hive defender set such as rare style vendor and the fact that its also a drop in t6 contect now, and again i said no feat in this game should be based off luck and i do believe thats why they released the ability to buy rare styles for feats.
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

That's why I said "a year ago". This should have implemented that neither there were no Rare Style Vendor nor were there T6 HIVE Defender drops. I am sorry if the wording of "a year ago" wasn't obvious enough that I had already excluded WotL2 and RSV in my argumentation.
    • Like x 1
  8. damagedealr New Player

simply stating it was fixed just like accidental perfection, my argument with you was against what you had said earlier about not liking the change to the accidental perfection feat. was annoyed because i know a ton of people that still need the feat that have alot of skill points and were locked out from achieving it because it was all based on luck, i personally got the feat the very first day but unlike some of the people earlier on this thread i at least have some amount of sympathy towards the ones that still need it.
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

I hear you. I still know many people who still need them. But anyways I liked it to be a grinding/luck-based feat. Especially the "grinding" part wouldn't make it harder to achieve than a style feat or farming feats. Repeatedly running the instance until you get it. With the current 97gear you should be able to get there within 10 minutes in a decent group. With Tier 7 you would simply melt your way up to the artifacts and re-try it until you get it.

That was - of course - before they'd announced a change in the feat. I'm not sure whether it already hit live or not but when it does the whole points before might become obsolete after all :)
  10. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Anyone figured out what the hints are?
  11. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Nope. And it's driving me crazy lol. Wish someone would just spill the beans.
  12. DialH New Player

I'm pretty sure the new clues didn't actually make it into GU43, it's exactly the same as it was before.
  13. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I ran Artifact twice yesterday just to see if I could figure it out. I have the feat already, but think it's awesome fun to 'tomb raider' a feat or two. Well played Devs, Well played....

Batman would have figured it out on the first day, without whining.
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

So you know it?
  15. xpoipoix Well-Known Player

16. Prin New Player

Just wanted to clarify - as of today, the feat is still called "Accidental Perfection"

This means, per DizzyKraken's post, that the clues have NOT gone live yet.

He said, on 12/1/14, " Also, last week, we did change the name from "Accidental" - which should go Live when the clue changes are hot-fixed out. " .....