WIP: New Broker UI

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Pez Fedora, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Awesome news!!!!
  2. eanur Well-Known Player

3. Anima Committed Player

How can this possibly be a bad thing...?

It is extremely convenient. Thanks for the update, Carp.
  4. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

idk about the PC side but PS side is greedy.
    • Like x 1
  5. Anima Committed Player

This update will not make any players less/more greedy. The difference is that I won't have to switch characters to search for items.
    • Like x 2
  6. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

dont get me wrong im looking forward to this.
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The villains will benefit. There is a lot of stuff on hero broker compared to villain. And it is cheaper - for most stuff.

These all new additions will be awesome. Although it might take longer until we get all the UI stuff, I think it will be totally worth it!
  8. Carp Developer

Duly noted, we will keep your concerns in mind, but we also want to make common information easy to access.
    You will have the option to select from a couple of title bar shader effects and decorations, or turn them off completely and just have a plain bar.
    We are still examining exactly what data we want to represent in that graph, the last eight item sales is what we're considering first. We will continue to look at what data we have available and what makes sense to put in that area.
    But... this list is so small, and the other list is so big! :confused:
    See more on this at the bottom of this post.
    We probably won't do this, sorry.
    If you haven't already looked at the first WIP video, check it out; it has a glimpse of what the new settings menu will look like.

Not up to me, sadly. But I can pass along your feedback to Spytle and Tunso.

Now, a couple of people have asked about text size. We are expecting to have an option that will allow you to adjust the text sizes for both the header and body text separately. I've taken some screenshots and attached them below to show both the maximum and minimum text sizes. You will be able to set your text size anywhere in between.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 12
  9. nohealhere New Player

i have to say that min text size is god awfully small i dont get how people read that stuff. but that max is beast.
    • Like x 2
  10. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

It's good that the villain and hero broker are now one and I no longer want a shared bank anymore.

Anyway, the heros are cheaper than us villains and things are going to start decreasing in prices with this new change. I think it's a good thing but will become harder to make those millions now. Still glad it happening.
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Will this affect our trade chats? Villains being able to see heros in the trade chat? That will be bad because heros spam their channels if I'm going to be honest here. Villain trade chats don't explode like that.
    • Like x 2
  12. nohealhere New Player

i agree 100% with this. please don't combine it not only would it be bad for both servers to have a spammed trade chat. heros and villians in same chat is never good
  13. Nuubia Well-Known Player

I'm still unsure how to feel about this. Good news I suppose.

Perhaps its good step to ameliorate the imbalances between Villains and Heroes.

I just have a one wish: Can the broker display name be changed to "Fence" or "Black Market" for Villains?

It's just a vanity request really.
    • Like x 1
  14. GuyverVII Well-Known Player

This is great Carp... Now will we have the same wallet (cash) across all of our alts?
    • Like x 4
  15. nohealhere New Player

i support this idea too. i see no reason why we can't
    • Like x 3
  16. true New Player

I love these changes!!!

You mentioned being able to sort by level
    We need that in plans
    The other option would be to change plan names to have number extension

Doing a search for VI will get you every plan that has Vitalization in it.....
    • Like x 1
  17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

But thank you for reading it all.

The customizable text size is awesome!

And by now I also think that unsold items are unimportant enough to just leave them be. The broker prices and pricing will change anyway after this new UI is added and the amount of unsold items will probably become less.

If plans had an item level, then it could work the same way like armor. Just the item level equal to the tier at which they start to drop, which would also allow to differentiate between normal and expert plans.
    Only the devs can know which method would be easier: Give plans an item level, change something else about them so that they can be searched or give them a subcategory like weapons have.
  18. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Oh joyful day, this is the greatest news ever!! Time to walk around clapping while humming "Pharrell Williams - Happy" song all day.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Kam New Player

In case your suggestion doesn't get developed or just for the time being, you can query " VI " to get plans by level. "Space + Plan Level + Space". Just make sure you filter by R&D and Plans so you don't buy a mod instead ;)
  20. tukuan Devoted Player

I would think this is germane to a UI discussion and on a related note to text size but if not my apologies. Are there plans to be able to increase or decrease the size of the grids and subsequent item icons for inventory as well as the bank? Both for people such as myself who'd go small so they could see more as well as for visually impaired players?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.