Has anyone you know ever been ripped off in F2P games with micropayments? Please tell me your story

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by AgnesEshak, Dec 7, 2014.

1. AgnesEshak Active Player

For one, I made quite a bit of micropayments on this game.
  2. Radium Devoted Player

What would you call being ripped off?
    • Like x 1
  3. Larfleeze New Player

There's this facebook/mobile game I putz around with called Mutant : Genetic Gladiators.

Recently they had a huge sale on the premium currency in game where it was like 75% off, so I decided to dump 20$ on the game seeing how I've played it for half a year by now.

After it went through the GooglePlay Payment Complete thing the game crashed, and when I loaded it back up I didn't have my premium currency, and the company had taken my 20$. Spent over 2 weeks going back and forth with e-mails trying to get it sorted out, and ended up with an email saying (essentially) "tough ****, move on".

Is that the kind of thing you mean?
  4. AgnesEshak Active Player

oh, that is so sad. i feel so sorry for you. i was talking more about the guy who spent $46K on game of war fire age
  5. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

I have every camo pack for cod bo2
  6. Black Fist Loyal Player

I spent $25 on the Assassin's Creed recon armor pack in Ghost Recon Phantom. I've only played it twice. Tip: Don't drink and game.
  7. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Yeah, key question in order to answer this. If it's paying and not receiving anything, not receiving what the advertisement promised or being tricked into buying more and more and more? The latter I call great marketing ;) the middle one poor marketing and the first one rip off. But that is obviously a matter of personal definitions.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That sounds about right
  9. Taco Loco Active Player

I bought a prepaid card for Vindictus. Months later my credits with Nexon "expired".