Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Korlick Loyal Player

Is really sad and discouraging that the only official response so far was : "No pull and no shield, deal with it".

I like the new changes, but those are not enough. And im not asking for new powers or new mechanics, just some simple fixes. Like increase a little the base heals, or duration of Stoke Flames, or the resto buff to be a little more higher. And things like that.

There are plenty of good ideas and concepts to improve the power, sadly, none of those will ever happen. But hey! maybe in the next 2 or 3 updates we get lucky!
  2. Gemini Warzone Well-Known Player

Your opinion as a villain is worthless.

Just playing, I get that, and realizing it, as super speed, i make sure to double jump in those instances where I need to corral adds together, its just frustrating that when you're on one side of the room and adds spawn on the other, you need to be quick to get over there and make to grab all their attention.

As I mentioned before, fire = love on my end, the power is a beast, plus I love making sure the healers see those monster green numbers from my end.
    • Like x 1
  3. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Yeah. I think it's bad because if someone sees the tank running from adds to grab other ones the usual response is either WTF or they keep attacking. It's not common for a tank to not have every add in his face at all times; but if the tank has the control, they could /sleep in the rafters if they wanted to lol.
    Some DPS probably hate the tank that moves but for us it's needed. As long as they are aware of which have been Agro'd they shouldn't have to even worry about that stray (unless he spawns and lunges the crap out of him right before explosive shot mastery lol). So it may be goofy looking to be running wild in raids, but it's what makes it the most fun.
    And I have yet to meet one healer that does not like seeing the biggest crit heals of their life either!
  4. Gemini Warzone Well-Known Player

I usually run with my league or people that are on my friends list, but whenever i do tank I'm fully aware of my limitations, and I make it known that if there are adds on the group or they spawn behind the group, they have to let me know.

As you mentioned I also try to be a mobile fire tank making sure all the adds are on me until i settle on one spot with all the aggro, but sweet baby tank jesus i do love juggling the hell out of adds.
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

I used to run with that shield and I suppose I'd still recommend it for Tiers 2-4, but after you hit Tier 5 it just doesn't keep up. Even with a maxed out mainframe, at T6 that shield behaves pretty much like HLS, which is to say it shatters almost instantly. It also just doesn't seem to pop up enough to justify it anymore, well, the last time I tested it out.

Give Enflame a small HoT to complement either Stoke Flames or the normal healer. It's a small change but it's a mechanic change they should think about. They're trying to cover our burst heals but we need more HoTs to really hang with the others. And with less power usage than currently. I go juggle mainly because unless I know the troll, I can't trust they'll deliver the power I need for the healz.

Another change they should look at: increase critical healing chance in tank mode. I'd love for it be 100% (with all the chance innates live) though I could live with a little lower. But if our heals critted more often (or all the time ;) ) we'd be way more self-sufficient.
    • Like x 1
  6. Revoemag Committed Player

Hey gurus of fire..

I'm.looking to return to fire and was hoping one of you could post me a vid of the current fire am since GU 41. I looks on yt and found only one vid and I didn't find it very convincing.

Please and thank you in advance.
    I really want to return but still need to see how its done and if its got the damage output.
  7. Revoemag Committed Player

so i switched over to fire...omg ive nerfed myself so bad...im so upset atm...someone plz show me how fire is effective dps because atm from what ive figured out to do, neither the am or wm is better than i was doing with hl...HELP PLEASE!!
  8. VariableFire Loyal Player

What are you doing for WM? You should just be setting something on fire, ranged WM combo, Spontaneous Combustion. If you're worried about damage numbers, don't use the Melee WM combos.
  9. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

do meteor(the one that comes from the sky) cliped with fiery weapon, inferno, WM> spon comb, WM>spon comb...repeat. I get good results from it. Have robot sidekick and volc supercharge.
    • Like x 2
  10. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

This is very similar to my WM rotation and yes, the results are impressive. However, this only works with 2 trolls. If there's only one in your group or the two trolls can't keep up with your power needs, you'll need to refrain from using Inferno.

For an insignificant loss in damage, I replace Robot Sidekick with Detonate. In situations when you're battling only one opponent, the power you save by using Detonate instead of Spont. Combustion will make your trolls very happy and you will do identical damage. I also use Fireball Barrage instead of Volcanic Calamity: if you're willing to get up close for a brief moment, it does about 50% more damage than VC. (Further away, though, VC is superior.)

My rotation: WM>Meteor Strike>Fiery Weapon, Inferno, spam WM>Spont.Combustion until FW's cooldown ends, then repeat. WM>Meteor Strike does a surprising amount of damage, so I now always start the rotation that way.
  11. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

What mods are you using on your gear? A HL dps should spec more into precision, but a Fire dps should spec more into Might. That may also be one of the reasons your damage isn't what you were expecting.
    • Like x 1
  12. Stark23 Committed Player

I can get VC to hit for 65k, I'm not so sure Fireball Barrage is hitting for 50% more than that. In my testing, VC hit harder every time regardless of far away or close.
  13. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

My last test on both supercharges (11/22/2014), pre-97 gear no buffs, Shiny's combat log analyzer showed that I was averaging 28K with VC and 40K with Fireball Barrage (in melee range: beyond medium distance damage goes down significantly). So closer to 40% in my tests: not quite 50% like I was remembering but still significantly better in my observations.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter as the supercharge damage only represents about 1.0-1.5% of the total damage you're doing (again, according to my testing logs). So in the end whichever supercharge one chooses doesn't make much difference.
  14. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

Wall of text coming at you, please don't be intimidated. These are all true statements, I swear by it & I'm hoping it will help someone out there, I really do.

*Taken from another post
  15. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

Actually, Fire's AM isn't that bad. This statement is from a recent switch to AM from WM with a week and a half or so of testing. I managed to keep up with a Rage DPS leaguemate who has 196 SP in Lockdown. I have 151 and we're both fully geared with VI Expert mods (I'm full might, IDK what his gear is modded like, but @ 196 SP, he better know what he's doing by now). And trust me, he's no scrub either (one of the top DPS' in my league). I have also kept up or surpassed many others as well with the likes of Hardlight, Sorcery, Ice, and even Nature. Might be gear, might be SP, whatever. I've surpassed some who have equal gear as me, so my assumption is my introductory sentence. Not once did I place last in dmg out in a T6 raid yet, and that's impressive considering the power back that relieves trolls to give power to the tank and healer and debuff, and, to extension, that I use my weapon mastery roughly 10-20% of the time. In Avarice I managed nearly 600,000 (589 something to be exact, yes I track numbers, but only for my personal improvement, not being a big # chaser). Granted I was the only DPS, it's still impressive as I've never passed 550K in Avarice using WM (I blame the power consumption here, I'm a DPS who actually looks at the bars to the left, just saying). Here's my loadout & general rotations (so what if it's not on the Trailblazing Guide, sue me):

Alerts:
    <Absorb Heat><Fiery Weapon><Inferno><Robot Sidekick><Flame Cascade><Mass Detonation>

Inferno clip FW >> Absorb Heat, QUICK jump clip >> Flame Cascade >> Mass Det. x3 >> if you were quick enough, there will be a brief "window of opportunity" here, right before Inferno & FW get off cooldown* >> WM clip another Flame Cascade >> Inferno, FW >> Flame Cascade >> repeat

*The key I find here is that the "window of opportunity" fills the gap. MD raises in dmg 3x before it is reset, so going for a fourth MD is too big a risk of hitting 8K than hitting a max of 15-16K (fully geared). When FW is cooling down, it's effects last the whole time, meaning, if you land a successful WM clip into Flame Cascade, (I'm pretty sure) you get the WM crit and the increase in might damage. It says on the power description that FC is not WM crittable (lol at the made up word), but the WM circle pops up and it does seem to do pretty good burst damage, more so than a simple spam of the power seems to do. I will do further testing. Please say so if I am wrong about this, thanks.

Raids:
    Same as alerts, but except Robot Sidekick, Overheat is used. This is a boss fight rotation.

Inferno, FW >> AH, jump clip >> Flame Cascade >> MD x3 >> "window of opportunity" >> WM clip Overheat >> repeat without AH & keep flowing. Refresh Volatility when interrupted. Basically, you want to hit Flame Cascade before any MDx3, just a general rule of thumb here.

For adds Overheat is applied directly after the first Inferno, FW, but it pretty much eliminates the "window", so just flow normally, no need for WM crits, just keep landing 3 MD's with FW on cooldown. If adds are nearing death, WM clip Flame Cascade to burst, or simply spam it if you want. Spraying down enemies with an endless barrage of spewing flames is priceless (albeit slightly inferior in terms of D.P.S.)

As of now, I am in love with Fire all over again. Sure the damage from MD is VERY inconsistent, and using it in lower tiered raids is pretty much useless if you're being competitive, but it does show promise. MD should be buffed in some way, from my conclusions. It's lowest hit should be about 10K, not 8K, at least matching an average WM >> power combo. Fireburst needs a buff as well, a buff for it's use because it's a melee move, and I believe takes a tad bit longer to cast. That, or buffing Flame Cascade, even would help tremendously. All in all though, again, I'm falling in love with the AM. And trollers love it too :)
  16. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I also feel bad running alerts as a dps because it is a power hungry loadout, i been searching for a less power hungry loadout.
  17. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Just take out inferno for snuff out. In alerts, trolls have time to get u power back while u are casting snuff out (wish WM worked with its crits :( )
  18. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

• Like x 1
  19. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Good to see things haven't changed around here for fire
    • Like x 1
  20. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Read This: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/game-update-43-updates.229753/

Two things that caught my attention...

The following abilities will now grant supercharge regen for 4 seconds when hitting a target as part of the advanced mechanic:
    • Fire - Flame Cascade / Mass Detonation

Fireball Barrage and Reignition sound a lot more appealing.

• When using Might Based Advanced Mechanics you now gain an additional 5% chance to crit and 25% crit damage for all super powers to balance against the passive weapon attack crit bonuses received from purchasing Weapon Mastery traits.

A lot of people asked questions about this, but I'm still confused. Am I correct in thinking if I DO NOT use WM at all I'd get this bonus.