Base Builder's Weekend and Sale!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tukuan Devoted Player

I get the impression that those are done. From a business point of view, at least to me, it doesn't make sense and even double sales seem to be limited to single days and once or twice a year.
  2. Alekimsior New Player

I had 1000 Market Cash, and purchased 2 base themes I wanted. There are a lot more things I want to buy, but will postpone from buying any cash until we get a confirmation if PS will or will not get this same double-cash offer. Also, the Loot Drop must hate me, the base item drops wasn't what I expected. Still too sparse. Anyone else successfully farming base items?
  3. Dezaras Loyal Player

Looks like I can start decorating Walter Plinge's penthouse, ready for season 2.
  4. uly31xx Active Player

it was 300 for me
  5. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

How about a double gear weekend? Or even a day??
    • Like x 1
  6. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

No it's not just you, your right it has been a long time since the increased base item drop, been waiting for this for a long time. I actually started a thread a couple weeks ago about it but never had very many responses or positive responses.
  7. JustSome_Chick New Player

Mepps said explicitly that the double cash offer is ONLY for the PC players. There will be no bonus for the PS players despite the fact that we have to work just as much to earn our spending money as they do. For the life of me I can't figure out why they would take a dump on PS3 and PS4 players, but there it is.
    • Like x 3
  8. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Most likely because the MC is sold via PSN, and we're usually lucky if it turns up on time (usually it's days post purchase).

Although it seems to me that the easier solution would be give the PC folk their double SC, and give the PS folk a 50% off all marketplace items. Although I may be off in my logic there.
    • Like x 1
  9. JustSome_Chick New Player

I suppose the effect would be the same, but there's mention of a "Cyber Monday" sale on top of the Base Builder weekend / sale - and last year that Was 50% off marketplace items for both pc & ps players. Curious to see what they offer this year, since giving double cash value And 50 % off for those on PC (since the cyber monday sale is for both) would be really massive value for that crowd *chuckle*
    • Like x 1
  10. Shinji Firudo Active Player

I see so you mean cyber Mondays is for ps only? Two sales on different platforms makes more sense unless i misunderstood you.
  11. Will Power Loyal Player

I haven't noticed any increase in Base item drops or I would have got more Turkey Dinners.
  12. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Was anyone allready able to check, how many we will be able to safe for buying armories?
  13. Shinji Firudo Active Player

Ah I re-checked it says cyber Monday is for both ps and pc so even though it's a bonus since ps have trouble with station cash, for some reason we pc players get these special sales on Monday too including the 50% for base items so I >assume< the extra deals on Monday may have nothing to do with furniture quote: "and In-Game Marketplace Deals on Cyber Monday (PC and PS)!"
  14. Kixenega Level 30

Hey devs why isn't the hospital pack on discount? It seems like 360 as it always is
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

That would be correct. It should be some sort of sale for all items, hopefully 50% off but I know last year they had 30% on Black Friday and 25% on Cyber Monday.
  16. xXxMnementhxXx New Player

I'm curious why Pc users are getting a great deal on station cash while Ps users are only getting discounts on base items. I for one would love to be able to take advantage of a double MC cash purchase. It just seems kind of unfair to me. Very disappointing.
    • Like x 1
  17. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

I thought the base builders weekend had started (double the chance base items will drop)? In all the instances I ran last night not a single base item dropped wth! :confused:
    • Like x 1
  18. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Yea same here
  19. Alekimsior New Player

Maybe we need 10x the chance to actually get something. Yesterday, ran all the WoTL2 content, except for the Raid, and didn't get a base drop. Didn't notice any in the loot window either. Today, however, I did notice 3 Mist Devices drop while running Ava after defeating Luthor (3/4 players got one). Since the event started, I've seen base drops appear sparingly still.
  20. tukuan Devoted Player

It's not like the SOE is trying to give something to DCUO PC players and not DCUO PS players. This time of year all retailers are competing for the same dollars. Moreso subscription games such as this use this time of year as one last chance to give a nice boost to the revenue numbers so that they can go to the parent company with a stronger base for the coming year's budget.

I pretty much bet the farm that if it were possible to run the same sale for the PS crowd they would as that's their largest base for DCUO.

Rather they are running a promotion for SOE customers that for whatever reason isn't being run for PSN customers. It's an unfortunate fact that while we all play the same game more or less we are two completely different customer sets.

I wouldn't take it as some sort of intentional snub, although I can imagine it feels that way.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.