GU 43: Fire Tanking Improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadyLane New Player

Alright so lets throw this out there.

-That's your option for fire iconic powers..... alright, fine then as previously written lasso NEEDS to be a multi target pull. The shield meh if i want shields I'd be ice already by now.

-Second off another Hot isn't going to help you already only have room for two if your going to ether drop your sc or drop your long pull.

-Making the healing off backdraft and shortening the cool down a bit will help a slight amount.

-Swapping stoke flames and spontaneous combustion spot on the power tress would make a huge difference.

-Reducing power costs a bit also would make a difference, enflame and a backdraft pretty much depletes my entire power bar.

- As for mitigation would love to see something done with that healers dead or bottomed out on power you don't last all that long

Fire at the moment is the only tank power that struggles to remain a viable tank power in the average group. As i stated previously this isn't a terrible start to a fix for fire tanking, however it's not a total solution.
    The way that content is evolving pretty soon fire is not going to be a viable power. Adds currently hit around 1k- 2k sometimes higher iI currently have 31k health when i buff (and no that's not full 97), and there are what 4-6 adds at a time when fighting carol? Do some some math there then add some boss damage. If it were not for Fortified blocking I'm certain my health bar would look like an equalizer bar going up and down.

But enough with the paragraphs fact is much as i love being fire pretty soon it wont be a debate it will be change powers or don't tank at all. Which would pain me to do so, but hell maybe that's what they are going for? kill off fire as a power entirely.
    • Like x 10
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

i cant see why fire is not allowed to double restoration in tank mode aswell like dom for pve only... lets see how this would work :)
  3. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Part of the design of Mental centered around Mass Terror being an important functional power and we know how all that went with the initial changes that were suggested recently.

This thread is about Fire though so I'll get back to it. Mesmerizing Lasso is a fantastic single target pull move in the Iconic tree. I completely agree. However it suffers from the same problem that all single target taunts/pulls does. Line of site. So say you're in L&W and you're trying to get a Vindicator that is smacking your healer around in the back, you can't because Carol, the Guardians and other Star Saphires are surrounding you. So the Lasso hits one of them instead even if you have the Vindicator targeted.

In regards to Hard Light shield, in end content, it doesn't last as long as the cast animation so it's pointless to pick up.

As stated, the only group pull available to Fire is Low Pressure from Flight/Skimming so you have to be those movements in order to be as effective as gathering adds as Ice and Rage. This has been an issue since FoS2 was released when people would only take an Ice Tank in to pull the adds off the bridge for the crystal. This isn't new. People have been asking for this since then and even before. It's already been shown that the way a power is designed doesn't matter with the initial changes that were going to be made to Mental so I don't see why design would be an issue here.
    • Like x 18
  4. coldMCstorm New Player

Fire and Earth Tanks Needs a mass pull skill like rage and ice
    • Like x 5
  5. Avian EU Well-Known Player

Just gonna leave this here.
    • Like x 5
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

This is completely false. Backdraft is an AE pull AND it heals the tank. The range isn't as far as Low Pressure (but should be) and it needs to heal for each mob that's Burning, but to say that Low Pressure is the only group pull available to Fire Tanks is just wrong.
    • Like x 3
  7. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Can we get any kind of answer? I feel like we are being left in the dark.
    • Like x 6
  8. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Nope, Fire is intended to be Broken/Unbalanced/handicapped. As such our feedback will be ignored as it don't matter in their eyes. :confused:
    • Like x 5
  9. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I would not want BD range to be increased, not even a little. I like being able to pull just the stuff I want, I don't want backdraft pulling everything 360 for miles around. I'm ok with folks wanting a long range pull, but it should work like low pressure and be one direction.
    But it should be separate from BD, I certainly don't want backdraft's range or mechanic tinkered around with, it's one of my favorite powers as is.

Decreased power cost and increased heals for BD tho...heal yeah I want that.:)
    • Like x 7
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

omg really ? its 2 weeks ago since u last posted in this thread Tunso.. unlike in any other power improvement thread... c'mon its part of GU43 afterall...

we are complaining since 3 years why u dont grand us our wishes , u will see it wont hurt and u wont have to deal with the fire ppl for another 3 years :eek: ... all we want is to be on same level like other tank powers.
    • Like x 7
  11. Wanning Comet Committed Player

On the subject of a multitarget pull for fire and earth, I would personally prefer to see all movement pulls work the same as low pressure rather than see a change to Lasso or an existing power in the powersets.

I feel that Lasso needs to stay as the highest priority single target taunt/pull in the game for things like SM or anytime you run two tanks. I think lasso would be kind of silly as a multitarget pull as well, honestly the acro pull would probably be odd as a multitarget pull as well but I think it could easily be modified to become a multitarget pull.

The problem with making the movement pulls multitarget is that they would probably lose the ability to ground in pvp and that might be too much of an affect on arenas and would cause teams to either use a gadget player or someone with lasso slotted to ground the other team.
    • Like x 3
  12. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

I cant understand this too. I also follow the other powerset threads and they get the full attention from the devs. When a HL or a Nature player do some math in his own and form a statement out of this comes a "Yes this makes sense, i will change that!" and one day later its done.
    THEN the next player makes a statement what he believes would be better for his sort of loadout and rotation and its done AGAIN... Same with HL.

Are there more Nature and HL playing subscribers or why the disbalance in attention to the threads? Just want to understand, not meant as offense. I know that business comes first, thats ok.

But what if Fire would not have these disadvantages for tanking endcontent and SM? More players will buy respec tokens for it, believe me. Many Tanks i know would love to change to Fire, but after an 8hour working day they dont want to play endcontent with this stress level.
    Thats why the majority play Ice and Rage.

Pls dont let us alone, Fire deserves tha same attention as Nature and HL...

Thx for listening to this wall of text.
    • Like x 5
  13. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

I felt kinda left alone ;) and looked into the Ice AM thread... And there i found several posts like this:

New
    cosmic war said: ↑
    “Cold Snap not being able to clip is annoying. I know you said it is a offensive ability but it messes up the total flow of the moves. If it means we lose the very small tick of not needed and unwanted tick of damage I would say make it clip.”

Tunso
    Developer
    I looked at this today again today and agree with you. It wouldn't break anything to allow this to be beneficial, so I'll go ahead and do that.
    Like x 15 List Like
    Mark Halash
    Lead Systems Designer
    DC Universe Online

I beg for that kind of communication and partnership also for us, the Fire commmunity...
    • Like x 11
  14. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

• Like x 9
  15. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

This entire discussion is about Fire getting a ranged pull like Inescapable Storm and Rage Bringer so that was what I was talking about. I'm well aware that Backdraft pulls in adds in the immediate area but the range barely reaches to medium.
    • Like x 3
  16. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

I remember when Backdraft used to give a heal for every add that was on Fire. They were magical days.
    • Like x 4
  17. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

If you want responses you are in the wrong thread (See what I did there?;) Probably not). Id go to HL one and complain about inspiration "animation" or ask for nicer "sound effects".
  18. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

any word on combining enflame and immolation and making either a HOT or a multigroup pull? Admit it they both do the same thing.
  19. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Nah, it works. I use on Catwoman all the time in ZCC. She loves to jump around but it always brings her back to me in my experience.
  20. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Just off the top of my head, a list of things that were changed in the game after their initial design as a response to community feedback:

1. The difficulty of Nexus and Paradox Wave significantly reduced.
    2. Blue Immunities in PvP added.
    3. Utility belts removed from PvP arenas.
    4. Mental's Mass Terror reversed back to being as it is on Live from initial AM changes.
    5. Deathstroke initially introduced with Dual Pistols, changed to One Hand.

I'm sure there are many others that I could research and list, but those are the ones off the top of my head right now. Point is, all of those changes were changes to the design of those powers, instances and mechanics based off of community feedback. Some are old some are very recent. But they were changes to the design. So I'm sorry, but the reason "part of Fire's design" doesn't make any sense to me at all especially when you have another tank power, Rage, with similar health buff and self heal mechanics, of a sort I know, that does have a group pull.

Combine Immolation and Enflame into one power and give us a Flame Whip that acts as a ranged group pull similar to Inescapable Storm and Ragebringer. I'm sure Earth players would appreciate the same change to Earthen Grip.
    • Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.