Upd43: Slackers begone

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by tukuan, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Lawlessworlddc New Player

This is a fail waiting to happen. Account suspension? Not that serious of an issue... You people are that ******** a guy hands you a free win in a 1v1? Smh

Lets be serious, 1v1's are where this happens most, you're not gonna tell me it happens 2v2(very rare, especially in post gu41) or up so much it needs a n account suspension or immediate attention. If you do, you're simply lying.

You'll get a guy who does this in 2 or 3 of 15 matches in 1v1. But OH OH that's crazy and deserves an account suspension AND your opponent does NOT deserve a reward cause you threw the match!!

Easy way around this? I already see it, the lazy farmer simply gets on node, possible kill or got to node first to get points then lets himself be killed then the usual laziness. BAM! Contributions, find a way around that?
    • Like x 2
  2. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Tap Melee repeatedly never use block hey I threw the match and let you win :) you killing me decreases score even faster. I still can farm marks and if this counts and gets us in trouble then there would be no point in playing this game anymore and people would proceed to actually play next gen online games.
    • Like x 1
  3. Supergeon Well-Known Player

I've actually seen someone throw a shard into opposite team side, and carry it their way after someone clearly fought their ***** off to throw it to our side-tragic times.
    [IMG]
  4. VanFel New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

So to get this straight:

If someone loses against me and just sits there for the rest of the match, I'll get no marks.
    Because of that I'm forced to go after him thus making the Arena match annoying as hell.
    If he's a flyer and I'm a speedster it could take forever to get to him so practically I'm doing nothing too while chasing him.
    Soooo I get sanctions, too?

And if I meet someone in Legends for example and he exploits the hell out of a character I'm forced to get bashed over and over again to get at least 100 marks?

And then the Sanctions ... there are already numerous cheating unjustified reports in PvP due to angry losing players and now we maybe can get banned for a scenario like the one above?
    All this for a 25 Point style from PvP. yaaay
    • Like x 4
  6. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

I find the whole system to be funny they won't release information so people won't find a way around the system but we're going to find a way around it after its release. So why release a system that's flawed from the beginning? I guess that's DCUO logic just they take forever to "fix" something but instead try a band aid that will come off. Just like shadowlands 1v1 you can camp the begining but I don't see them doing shiz about it. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out "rules" for games
    • Like x 1
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

Certainly, but only time will tell how the policy will be applied. Beyond that people seem to be concerned that bans will be thrown out from the git-go, I'm comfortably certain that the devs will monitor data first to see if the system is working effectively before throwing out bans left and right.

To reiterate my earlier comment, I think there's going to be a natural evolution which is that as this system is in place you'll see fewer and fewer people farming pvp by not fighting. Consequently the system will have less and less of an impact on the average legitimate pvper.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Banhammer is the ultimative sword of damocles. Poor people with family. What, the family calls, little son has problems in school? Well you should consider giving a darn about it or risk to get banned in DCUO.

Obvious exaggeration is obvious :p
  9. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Yep the ban hammer for throwing a match how low and desperate can a game get? It just makes me want to throw more matche's because I can just to screw the system until they find better ideas some have which people have listed. Spam a couple powers tap triangle whole match so they can counter and kill you faster THANKS DCUO your actually helping us. The quicker the other person kills the more points taken away resulting in quicker matches. Now you can't say we didn't participate we did we just didn't try to hard LOL
    • Like x 1
  10. The BlackDragon Well-Known Player

Don't see this working out. Sounds good on paper, but if you're gonna punish people because someone else decided to throw a match, that's unfair to say the least. Shadowlands is gonna be a pain, since you don't get booted for camping the spawn point. Couple of times I had my opponent just stand on their spawn point the entire match. So now, I don't get any marks because of something HE did?!?

I never throw a match no matter how much better the opponent is so I won't do anything like that, but apparently what other person does is my concern as well.
    • Like x 2
  11. Lionxoft Committed Player

A Troll Squad™ goes into a match as level 5 and play as Robin. They all go stealth and hide. It doesn't matter if they receive a ban because they are fake troll accounts so that consequence is not a factor for them. Is SOE really going to punish their honest player base by not issuing rewards because of a troll squad?

Has SOE completely ignored the PC portion of the player base? I see this affecting the PC players as there are no PSN id attached to the game which removes a layer of accountability. I could be wrong in that assumption. I'll never buy a console but that's a discussion for another day.
  12. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Bull. If I stand next to a player, I can get his PSN ID via inspect and that feature has been there since forever or something. Technically, the PSN ID is the exact counterpart to the account name on PC. While I agree that SOE is again completely out of bounds with this newest "idea" - I use this term loosely - you should not victimize yourself based on assumptions. This will take care of slackers on both systems - PC and PS - alike, as well as take care of the random PvP players and thus, increase the waiting time for an arena match fourfold, maybe even more. No one will risk his account for hunting feats in a part of the game that's not enjoyable to a huge part of the playerbase - the users who are still on PS3 for example.
    • Like x 1
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

LOL i find it funny how the "hardcore PVPers" keep praising a system that's not only unfair but also unjustified considering the biggest reason people slack in PVP is because of how tedious it is to have to wait a month for a certain map, only to lose every match in it because if you PUG you end with the biggest group of idiots around, or because no matter how great the team, you end going against a PVP league which 90% are just a bunch of bullies which exploit every advantage available on the map. This system is pretty much a bully credit system, force players into fights they can't possibly win, "oh you need to play the way it was intended"...and how's that?, by having some guy beat the hell out of me because lag doesn't let me defend my self, or because he happens to have the "X" power that happens to have the unfair advantage in PVP. You guys need to get off your high horse and stop thinking this system will fix PVP, this will kill whatever life it has left, most people that farm and throw matches do it because they can't afford the time it takes to get 500 victories on a map that only comes around every 6 months, or simply they don't understand the "perfect" system that is PVP in this game where gear doesn't matter, roles and just another icon on the screen, and allows people that don't even know Brainiac is the main bad guy of the game to go in and get beat to hell. So many other ways to fix this, but nooooo just ban their accounts and stop them from playing the only truly free side of the game, genius.
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Again people should stop acting like "Hur durr, I gave up 4 matches do I get ban????"
    Banning will be a absolutely last resort for players who are obviously giving up large amounts of matches in a row without an ounce of effort.
    You are here acting like you give you 3 matches and boom permanent ban. You know what you should do to not a get a ban? Try. Don't try for 20 matches in a row, and I hope that person gets a ban.
    Simply think of it as the electric chair, Not every single shoplifter and their mother is going to be sent to it. If you are committing mass genocide, then you will possibly be sent there. Its gets really annoying seeing players go "I gave up a couple of matches because of X, will i get ban??"
  15. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

If the rest of the group is not kicking the guy who does nothing in PVE, he will get the marks if the other people are good/geared enough to run the instance on their own. With this update coming, 3 of those guys doing nothing may be enough to have 13 other players not getting the marks they put effort into. That's by far not the same ideology,
    • Like x 1
  16. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Where are you reading that from? Because I am not seeing that from any posts that the Devs are posting.
  17. Lionxoft Committed Player

You being Slade Wilson I'd expect you to use 90% of your brain. I will elaborate so you understand although my previous comment was very clear and the scenario provided was a very valid concern.

I understand that PSN id are readily available. On PC, you do not see this info because the accounts are not tied to a PSN. I certainly don't have a PSN id. The reason why I stated that the scenario I previously provided would affect PS players more than PC players is this. PC players can make a new "Troll" account for DCUO in less than a minute and rise to lv5 to start legends pvp immediately while I would guess that PS players it would take longer because it's tied to your PSN id which is a layer of accountability. If I'm wrong then it's no big deal. Like I stated previously, I'm not a PS player and I will never buy a console so I'm not sure exactly how the PSN is tied to an SOE account and neither do I care.

With that said I do believe that this will affect the PC community negatively for the aforementioned scenarios and a certain subset of players that are drawn to online games. Trolls. The ability to just create a f2p account that is "Incognito" to ruin the reward system in PvP for honest players is a valid concern.

I suggest that you re-read my previous post as I was not concerned about this system in regards to slackers. In specific, I offered a scenario where players can potentially "Game" the system and grief others. Removing slackers is a good thing however punishing and ceasing rewards to the other honest team because of the slackers is not.

This system punishes individuals correctly however since this system operates off of player behavior then it can and will be abused. It does not matter how SOE tries to hide their methods for the system. The players will figure out how the system works.
  18. CCBatson Dedicated Player

You don't know that.

NONE of us in fact, know anything about the details of the policy that will be put in place. It could be one thrown match (unlikely) or it could be fifty. The Devs have said they will NOT be transparent about their account sanctions policy-making. You can assume what you want about the policy, but don't tell people on this forum that the policy is reasonable, because it is intentionally being kept vague and out of the public eye. Secrecy is not a sign of reason or logic, it is the presumption of threat and reaction against possible threat. In this case, that's a very disproportional reaction.

The disturbing implication here is the Devs have been very selective about policing bad behavior from the player community. This particular decision seems like it is somehow more of a priority for the Devs than culling the toxic behavior of discrimination and scoreboard chasing in PVE. Yet far more players are alienated by the PVE community trends than are affected by PVP match-syncers or forfeitures. Why the sudden threats of the banhammer here, when hordes of toxic players are being let loose to do as they will?

I don't have a good answer. I only know that I am very disappointed in the Devs right now, and that I haven't had any interest in playing DCUO for over a week. I'm feeling alienated and disconnected from the current spirit of the game, the peculiar directions recently taken by the Devs, and I may be voting with my dollars and just moving on soon.
    • Like x 1
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

They actually said they won't be specific on how the heuristics work, not the account sanctions policy or how they will monitor the system, which is something I'm still pushing for.
  20. Sabigya Steadfast Player

They will be explaining it a bit more. Hence
    "I talked to Mepps and he will be making some editorial changes to make them even more distinct.

Also, while we strive for perfection, we don't always achieve it. In fact, hardly any developer does. But, it doesn't stop us from pressing on and trying to make awesome new things and improve on older stuff. We're not going to lay down and die simply because we have made some mistakes."

Devs are not ********. They can change it if it does not work out as they thought it would. Hence
    "We do, in the sense that the thresholds are tunable. We will watch the logs and listen to feedback and tweak as needed."

"You are assuming worst case scenarios are going to be the norm "

"My feelings are, if you queue for something participate to the best of your ability and be a good sport. If you do, then these systems won't affect you in the slightest. If you don't, you won't be rewarded for your behavior, and if you persist, you may face even greater consequences so that we can preserve the integrity of the game."

Its really simple if you think about it, do what you are supposed to be doing and not face consequences.
    • Like x 1