Is everybody technically capable of DPS?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AgnesEshak, Nov 24, 2014.

1. AgnesEshak Active Player

I'm a fire tank, but I want to become a DPS
  2. Black Fist Loyal Player

3. Xolag Well-Known Player

yeah all powersets can do dps, u only need the gear and respec your sp and power points
    • Like x 1
  4. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

The thing that amazes me the most is that you are T6 :confused: The learning curve of this game is... meh.
    • Like x 10
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

All powersets can do good dps.

I'm not sure all people can though, so not sure about the 'everybody' bit. :p
    • Like x 2
  6. Nightwish Well-Known Player

Everybody have the capability to dps.

Rather or not they're good at it is a different story.
    • Like x 2
  7. Senshirou Committed Player

Wow.... That's all I can say.
  8. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Yes, next question.
    • Like x 4
  9. rival exe New Player

Everyone can do good dps. It's just that some people are elitist and have too high expectations for the term "good".
    • Like x 3
  10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

No not everybody can do good dps. and 100 sp^ should be required to dps the new content. Sorry not an elitist but I don't have time for that i work 70 hrs a week and have a max of 2 hrs to play when I get on
    • Like x 3
  11. Petralka Well-Known Player

Honestly your comment did sound like a complete elitist and by the way where in the game does it say that you need 100+ sp to run which content? Nobody has any obligation to get this or that amount of sp, that their decision whether they want to work harder to earn some more stats or make their toon stronger. :p
    • Like x 4
  12. Lightws Dedicated Player

Any power can dps. However not every person can. So try and try and see if you get better at it. Some do, some don't just the natural balance. However theres a higher demand for tanks then DPS now sooooooo. Might be better to be a tank if your truely good at it.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

All powersets except celestial can go dps. :p
    • Like x 1
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Yes, except me, I'm awful.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  15. rival exe New Player

Yes they can.

No they shouldn't. Skill points don't gate progression and you don't need 100 sp to complete any of the game's content. If you can't get the raids/alerts done in 2 hours then maybe you're not equipped to say not everyone can do good dps.
  16. Solutha New Player

SP does matter when it comes to dps (for newer content). In t6 content you want around 120 sp so you can get every crit modifier and WM. Sure you can complete the raids without it but anything under 100 and you may only be doing twice the damage as trolls and healers. It even possible they out damage you. i see it all the time. If thats the case you will probably get kicked unless its a league run.
    • Like x 3
  17. Peach4saints Committed Player

Looool let me sound like an elitist but im not going to run with bad dps.If the support roles are out dpsing someone why run with them, might aswell get another support for more survivability and yes sp does matter when it comes to dpsing, I know this is cliche but take two dps of the same skill level and the one with the higher sp will outperform the other every time.

Dps are a dime a dozen why should I run with the bad ones? Lol
  18. rival exe New Player

Wrong on all accounts.
    • Like x 1
  19. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

Yes everyone CAN dps but, there are a lot of people that SHOULD'NT.

Edit: Yes skill points do matter for dps, someone with 100sp will(or at least they should) be greatly out performed by someone with much more SP, more stats+more crits=more damage, just saying
    • Like x 1
  20. Solutha New Player

So you have less than 100 sp and are pulling 8-10 mil damage in the raid?