The Flash

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by ACW37162, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,
    When Flash gets to Starlabs is usually my que to go monitor what I'm cooking or go take a bathroom break, guess I need to respect those "lab nerds" more. lol

Thanks for the explanation.
  2. Larfleeze New Player

What's the point of watching a show when you skip large - and sometimes the most important - parts of the show? o_O
  3. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

It's difficult to enjoy the show if my kitchen is on fire or if I pee in my favorite comfy chair. But I shall endeavor to no longer miss these "...large - and sometimes the most important - parts of the show[.]"
  4. THE BATWING Dedicated Player

Eddie thawne is the younger version of zoom. he will always be around .
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Zoom
    My guess would be detective west will be the first to parish
    • Like x 1
  5. THE BATWING Dedicated Player

6. Echo Blue Committed Player

Eddie thawne is the younger version of zoom. he will always be around .
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Zoom
    My guess would be detective west will be the first to parish[/quote]
    Hello everyone,

Wow, I'm beginning to realize how little I know about Flash Lore. Now I'm really looking forward to future episodes.
    • Like x 1
  7. Larfleeze New Player

It's pretty clear that Harrison Wells is the Reverse-Flash in this universe. I mean his name is Harrison Wells afterall. Like H.[G.] Wells. Author of The Time Machine. Now they could go and have 2 Reverse Flashes but I think that would be overkill. An idea I've always liked more is Eddie ends up as Cobalt Blue, Wells is his descendant.

I just really, really want to see Tom Cavanagh give a speech similar to one of Zooms nutbar speeches about how "What if everything bad that ever happened to you was orchestrated by someone? IT WAS ME ALL ALONG BARRY!"
    • Like x 1
  8. Larfleeze New Player

Red herrings man.

If anything it would make more sense to have them reversed.

Hunter Zolomon, going by Eddie Thawne because he wants to get rid of all ties to his father who is a murderer - a nice REVERSE ( :rolleyes: ) of what Barry did with his name and his father being a murder, gets paralyzed by Grodd - who is appearing later in the season - begs Flash to go back in time and make it right, and ends up doing some shenanigans with the tredmil that gives him powers.

Eobard Thawne is from the future who does everything he does to make Barry a better Flash. H. Wells is clearly from the future in the show, with his "Zooms Room of Doom and Gloom" that has a holographic newspaper from 10 years into the future.

At least that's how I see it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ivar New Player

No worries, you´re not alone.
    As my comic book days are also far behind me this is a great time to come "back into the fold" with all these well done TV shows and movies.
    After a show I usually watch this guy..

He tends to ramble on a bit with his theories, but nonetheless gives great overviews on the comic book background and thus possible ways the TV shows could go.

Oh and really sit down again and re watch the whole shows, the funniest bits ARE often happening in the lab.
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Not to mention, 1/3rd of the lab rats is a hottie ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. EP Ice Loyal Player

I thought the same thing until I saw this and now I am not too sure.

http://screenrant.com/flash-tv-show-cast-reverse-flash-killer-frost-actors/
  12. Larfleeze New Player

That's from 9 months ago and is just using the names of the characters (Caitlin Snow, Eddie Thawne) and assuming they're going to eventually become their powered alter-egos. I really don't think they're going to put Killer Frost or Vibe in the show, and I'm still convinced Eddie is a red herring and will be Hunter Zolomon Zoom, where as Wells will be Professor Zoom albeit both with slightly different motives, backstories and plans.

I can just see it now. Cisco is doing the naming thing and says something about "So there's a Reverse-Flash out there now too?" to which Caitlin says "well if he's Reverse-Flash wouldn't that mean he's really slow?" so Cisco comes up with "Zoom", and if it turns out to be Professor Wells...then you have Professor Zoom.

Either way, all I know is I am stoked to keep watching this show, and Arrow, as they're both just getting better and better as the episodes go on.
    • Like x 2
  13. EP Ice Loyal Player

Totally agree!!!!
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Sometimes, it pays not to be a hardcore comic geek :p
    • Like x 1
  15. Larfleeze New Player

I watch Arrow and Flash with my parents when I visit them on the weekends. It's great watching it from a comic fan view because I see all the easter eggs and know the eventual outcome of all the characters (for the most part), but it's also great watching it with them cause they have no idea wtf is going to happen. Like the whole Slade/Deathstroke thing. The minute they introduced him as Slade I knew eventually he would become Deathstroke but it was a total shock to my parents. Same with all the stuff with Palmer, with the Grodd easter eggs, and all that stuff.
  16. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Robbie Amell is Firestorm
  17. Ivar New Player

18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

SPOILERS.

WHO THE F*** IS ZOOM?!!?!?!!? Seriously. It's bothering me at this point.

If Thawne were Zoom, then he would have speed healed when he got shot (or not have gotten shot at all). If Wells is Zoom, then why would he care about taking Barrys powers, especially if he's so interested in preserving the future? Is Zoom just kinda there and the writers just trying to be jerks by setting up 2 different people?

If I don't find out who Zoom is before they do the stupid mid-season break, I'll be pissed. I wouldn't be as angry about it if they didn't throw some kind of teaser in my face at the end of every single episode.
  19. Ivar New Player

Muhahah!
    Aww, it is bothering you .. [IMG]

I love it! :p
    Though seriously it cannot be anybody else but Wells. He got thrown into the past somehow and has to recreate it so "his" future manifests. Obviously a little joker card for dealing with his best frenemy couldn´t hurt.

You don´t have to wait till next year though.
    It´s been known for quite while now that the season break Ep,“The Man In The Yellow Suit” will have the confrontation with reverse flash.
    [IMG]
    Which of course won´t be resolved.
    Remember the guys that do Arrow are also involved with Flash. That´s what they do.
    Reveal the major villain in the mid season finale then use the whole 2nd season half for the drag-down bare knuckle fight.

In the mean time lets get impatient waiting for next week´s crossover!
  20. Ivar New Player