The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

Log horizon s2 and brynhilder in the darkness s2 came out 2 days ago :)
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Somehow I'm getting a Spytle vibe from this story. Seems as though the Attack On Titan creator was doing a Q&A session in a magazine and this came out of it.

In the latest issue of Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine, which runs Attack on Titan and frequently showcases Q&A sessions with Isayama, a fan asks, "Out of all the women in the 104th, who is Mikasa closest to?"
    Isayama's response: "Armin."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...or-isayama-totally-called-armin-a-girl/.79797

If it wasn't a serious comment, it's nice to know that even manga creators don't take their work super seriously. :D
  3. Yui Loyal Player

That's not Brynhilder in the Darkness Season 2 Episode 1. It's an OVA.
  4. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Has anyone mentioned Black Lagoon yet? Easily one of my favourite animes.

Balalika is easily the most badass female anime character ever....Revy close second
    [IMG]

Baccano is up there, Lad Russo is just awesome, Claire Stansfield is possibly more so
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Rock & Revy - Black Lagoon - I just love their relationship (current favs)

I find it's easier to name favourite moments in anime than character's themselves. The reason I love Rock & Revy is the famous 'cigarette kiss' - for some strange reason that moment in the anime always makes me want to cry. It's a deeply emotional anime under all the babes & guns
  6. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

[IMG]I also love the names in Baccano

[IMG]oooooh Ladd russo gif!

[IMG]
    [IMG]These two tie in to Baccano brilliantly. I forgot about them when first posting, the unsung heroes of the show
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, two of the new shows have my attention after one episode each: A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd and Your Lie In April. Good setup on the first episode of Librarian, but there is a small worry that it could be kind of a generic show. Your Lie In April is a gorgeous show to being with, and the story that could come out of it is showing some potential.

Still have to check out In Search of the Lost Future and Lord Marksman and Vanadis, but I think those might be ones I can wait on a bit.
  8. Skopos Well-Known Player

Marksman I've the manga and liked, not that the manga is very far ahead to begin with.
  9. Yui Loyal Player

Just saw Tamako Love Story. It's a really cute movie to watch.

I highly suggest that you guys see it, especially those who have already seen Tamako Market.

10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Haven't checked out Tamako Market yet, even though it's an option I've seen on Hulu. May have to check it out now.

Also, love the Urabe sig, the dream sequences in that show were wonderfully bizarre. :)
  12. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

So is the new episodes of SAO a permanent thing? It seems like a new saga of sorts I hope they keep the in game show going :D
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And I'm back, bringing this thread up yet again. LOL

Princess Mononoke was released this week on Blu-Ray. Newly mastered version of it.

Absolutely gorgeous. They did a fantastic job on that movie, really letting the beauty of the film shine through. I am so not regretting that purchase.

Problem is, now I'll REALLY have to resist the urge to purchase the Blu-Ray anniversary edition of the original Ghost in the Shell film. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

AngelBeats (omg the feels, such feels)
    Full Metal Alchemist (watch first)
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (better of the two, other is shite compared imho, but still has important story lines that this series misses)
    Attack on Titan (first anime I watched in Japanese, was not disappointed)
    PsychoPass (pretty good story line, hope that they release more)
    B Gata H Kei (it's adorable...don't judge me)
    SoulEater (best, feel good anime I have seen)

Others that I cannot remember at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think there's a second season of Psycho Pass airing now, might want to check some of the streaming/simulcast services and see (two seasons listed right now on Hulu, for example).

As for B Gata H Kei, well I think all anime fans have guilty pleasures like that. I wouldn't worry too much about judgement. :D
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

OOOO! Yay! Thanks for the hint about Psycho Pass!
  17. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

A few that I tried that were either short lived or I never got back to but still pretty good
    [IMG]I think the anime was cancelled/stopped but the manga continued on

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

OO I remember two more!
    Deadman Wonderland (pretty interesting concept)
    FairyTail (cute)
  19. Larfleeze New Player

So I hear Naruto is finally finished.

Last story point I knew about was whatever happened in Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, with Madara and the 5 Kages and all those crazy Tailed Beasts.

Anyone on this board finish the series out? Can you give me a quick run down of what else happens? I've been sort of keeping up with it since it first started way back when I was like 15, but I can't be bothered to actually sit and read the rest of the chapters/watch the rest of the anime. Still kinda curious about what happens though. Same thing happened with me and Bleach but I finally bit the bullet and blew through it in a long weekend.
  20. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

I am a Dreamer ...hissome power !! guess the anime :p ;)