Anyone Stay a Tier Behind Purposefully?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Nov 19, 2014.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I have to say, I'm enjoying the game a lot more right now than I have in a long while. I have rolled out an alternate, same power set as my main, and am running tier 5 content with him. There are a lot of positives:

1. The chance to teach others about their roles (if they'll read chat/listen to voice)
    2. Players seem more relaxed and chill in the 2nd highest tier
    3. Most of the bugs have been fixed, so less frustration due to glitches.
    4. Easier to gear up and get the best plans for the tier.

I haven't bought too many feats; most I bought were the seasonals and a few of the more annoying feats (reapers, demons, etc.). It's more fun trying to get the feats through playing and running instances in moderation.

I'm curious if anyone else does the same or something similar.
  2. Twenty New Player

Basically that's my main right now. I'm an old PS player but sold my PS a long time ago, back for 2 1/2 months.
    I'll probably do that when i'm bored, thanks for the idea!
    v
  3. Omega Boy Committed Player

I do that with some alts. Only 2/10 characters are on the newest DLC. The rest are either T5 or just beginning T6.
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

staying out of the game entirely for a awhile, but if requested to heal a raid ill login
  5. Dogico Loyal Player

Dude, I'm teaching people how to tank in Love & War.
    • Like x 3
  6. Twenty New Player

Can you teach me lol
    • Like x 1
  7. X-zero Loyal Player

Not really because

I wanna be the very best,
    Like no one ever was.
    To catch feats is my real test,
    To gear up is my cause.

I will travel across the land,
    Searching far and wide.
    Each PUG needs to understand
    The power that's inside

Feats, (gotta catch them all) its you and me
    I know its my destiny
    Gear, oh, you're my best friend
    In a world we must defend/destroy

Feats, (gotta catch them all) a heart so true
    Our courage will pull us through
    You teach me and I'll teach you
    Dom doesn't effect aggro, Gotta catch 'em all
    • Like x 4
  8. THE BATWING Dedicated Player

I usally stay back alittle bit.....I have mental issues, I feel if I gear up fully an get all sp I have nothing to look forward to and would probably quit playing .... No goals = no fun , also I would rather have a challenge then walk into an instance an be way too op cause that is just plain boring....don't get me wrong I have 160 sp an cr 108 but I don't believ I will ever be one of those players that have everything
  9. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I actually keep some toons at T3 for several reasons:

1) I won't feel pressured to play them daily like I do my mains.
    2) When leaguemates want a lower run (T1-T3 or T4 open world), I'd rather use my lower alts.
    3) It's a casual prestige sweet spot where you gain full credit for T2 & T3 and take a small penalty for T1.
    4) It's interesting to see how the game changes over time while you stay at the same tier.
    • Like x 3
  10. butaalinmarian New Player

Dude... this is one of the coolest things I've ever read. You are awesome!
    • Like x 2
  11. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

The last 3 dlc's I've just taken my time with getting the current gear for my main and it's made each of those dlc's more enjoyable, I could have easily used replays with well over 5k+ from buying booster bundles but I'm in no rush anymore, mainly use them for buying feats on alts and resetting seasonals. I also have 3 alts that are sitting in the high T5 to low T6 range, 1 alt at T3 level and 1 hero at the early stages of T4.
  12. ChuckLess New Player

That last line made me snort so loud! I'm glad I have my own office :oops:
    • Like x 1
  13. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I keep one or two a DLC or two behind.

I usually have a leaset one so where between 1 - 30 too.
    • Like x 1
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That's kind of a tough judgement call for me to make. It's kind of a "yes and no" answer.

Since I play mostly solo content, I end up at least one tier behind as a consequence of that kind of game play. But at the same time, I didn't set out to purposely be behind in tiers, it was more of a side effect.
    • Like x 2
  15. Saami Loyal Player

I play this way too.
    Im not in league and i only pug. Usually i run raids several months after they come. Only run necro twice for last dlc.
    This playstyle suits me well, because i dont care about high sp or cr.
  16. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I stayed behind for a long while and I still am about a half of a DLC behind. I did it partly due to focusing on feats more than gear and not wanted to play one DLC without finishing the last. Now I only have 4 lockdown feats left in HoP and I started into WotL2....so, guess I'm caught up.

I like the idea of having T3, T4 and T5 alts though.
  17. Venus Void Dedicated Player

No, but I do level new toons frequently, so I do pass through the tiers quite often, can't say I purposely stay in lower tiers though.
    Seems the top tier is obviously the choice if you want to get into stuff the fastest, takes forever for queues to pop for low tiered content, I'm just too impatient to put up with that for very long.
  18. Dezaras Loyal Player

My highest character is CR 98 lol. Second highest is CR 67 or something. Everyone else is T1 or below.

Because of why I play the game I find myself at a good place ith my main, I feel no real urgency to rush towards Amazon Fury. Sure I'll play it, if given the chance, but I'm not hell bent on playing it.
    • Like x 1
  19. VariableFire Loyal Player

Tier 6 was the first tier I got to while it was still assembling. It's not been a good experience and the ways I keep getting restricted on how to play it with all these mini-tiers is bothersome. And the incoming banding does not look good.
    • Like x 1
  20. akaivy Dedicated Player

The introduction of Origin Crisis and the way the community responded to each other during that time, slowed my progression. I have not run the that content very much at all.

Another thing is, I don't mind helping people, but I don't like to ask for hem myself, but those are my issues to deal with.

When this DLC came out, I decided "no more". And I have plunged right into it full speed. I went from 108 to 110 in just a few days, where previously that would have taken me a lot longer.

I still do the old stuff because I have a ton of gear that I need for feats, but I do it by choice because its relaxing, easy, and doesn't take a lot of effort anymore. Some days I need that. It's like comfort food....
    • Like x 1