Upd43: Slackers begone

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by tukuan, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Welp, im done. Brother and most league mates stopped pvp'ing Arena's after the overdone Heal & Tank PVP nerfs. A few weeks or now a month ago Bro finally stopped playing legends/ pvp period because of CC's & Lag. Time for me to pack my bags too.
    • Like x 3
  2. true New Player

A number of heuristic methods have been deployed in PvP matches to detect when individual players are not participating as well as when matches are being "thrown", meaning one team is handing the other team a win. When an individual fails to participate, that individual will not receive rewards. When a match is thrown, nobody on either team will receive rewards. Repeatedly failing to participate or throwing matches may result in account sanctions.

when you get the speedhackers and macro babies out of pvp
    i will start pvping for real

this is a update for people who HACK and DCUO's way of saying hacking is ok

Add to that you can spend all day qed and only get maby 3 8v8 matches how you suposed to get the 8v8 feats?
    • Like x 2
  3. Itazuki New Player

If I get banned or not getting rewards because of this stupidly unnecessary change.... Even once and I'm done with the game. All these restrictions and chains in PvP are becoming ridiculous.. Already took away the core role triad of healer>tank>controller>healer. Then made Nature healing useless in PvP.... Now the freedom to bow out and admit defeat when you can't possibly win?

Looking bleak for us solo PvP players. I guess they just want to beat this horse a little more, make sure it's dead.
    • Like x 2
  4. Chungweishan New Player

It's a shame. It should've gone a different way. Instead of being Social Justice Warriors and penalize the non-believers, they should've gone about it like a Salesman and accentuated the positives of actually participating in matches. What do I GAIN if I participate?

Selfish question? Definitely. But I'm not playing this game to make sure everyone else has a good time. I'm playing this game to make sure I have a good time. Emphasis needed and used.

Like I wrote before, players aren't morons. Even if you don't tell us, transparency and all, someone is going to figure it out. There will always be players number-crunching, figuring out how the game works and the least amount of effort to complete a specific goal. 200 wins or 400 losses for max-gear, what takes the least amount of effort? How do I get all the PvP Feats completed without looking like I'm not participating? How do I trade wins without looking like I'm trading wins? How can I grief others without seeming like I'm actually griefing others?

But hey, I'm going to do my part. I'm popping online. I'll give it my all. I'll probably lose. Some folks will gets marks, some folks will complete feats. I, on the other hand, gain nothing because I'm unconcerned about gaining anything other than playing. I will be the moron that doesn't use WM combos nor recognizes them. That has 80-ish SP spec'd for the wrong crap. That uses boosted 97-CR Gear with Beta Mods. That uses Huntress for Legends even though I know there are better characters, and doesn't recognize any of the newer characters rotations. Hopefully I'll lessen the queue time for you. And hopefully you'll win. Maybe tonight you'll think, "Thank goodness there is one idiot F2Player willing to participate." Don't thank goodness, thank my reaction to beer.
    • Like x 3
  5. Buckley Loyal Player

All this for fair play, yet a league cheats in a live fnl challenge and nothing gets done. :rolleyes:
    DCUO you are failing!!
    • Like x 5
  6. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Intriguing. Link plox?
  7. HiggletyPigglety New Player

Yes, when did this happen?
  8. Buckley Loyal Player

just before the arrival of SM and that is all im saying.
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

ok that is the dumbest excuse ever, you are hurting your own progression at the same time. Purposely taking a lost to help the same faction, I don't remember anyone throwing a match for me to win. I don't care if I have a hero or villain as a partner, I'm there to win. I just hope my partner doesn't explore Batcave hoping to find his wallet!
  10. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

R.I.P DCUO PVP. :(
    • Like x 1
  11. FATALSTD New Player

Hi Joy-_-
  12. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER WHAT THE DEVS TRY.
    Even if people cant afk in arenas for quick and easy marks, someone will just find another way to get their gear and feats quicker and easier than intended, hell if there was a marketplace option to buy all of the styles and feats people would probably buy it
    • Like x 2
  13. Joykiller Dedicated Player

The logic here is that taking away marks from winners and losers (in a match where one person/team doesn't meet the minimum 'participation' threshold) prevents people from 'match fixing' (ie, 'You let me win this match, I'll let you win the next one - let's try to queue up together...'). It, however, fails to address what will almost certainly be more commonplace, and that is a lack of participation by one party in an effort to farm marks quickly. Not sure how they'll be able to distinguish between the two though.
    • Like x 1
  14. Crimson Jonni New Player

heres what i'd do. Marks based on performance. change the rewards to 150 marks per win in all modes but deathmatch. keep deathmatces 200 per win. heres why. in objective based modes with teams, even if certain individuals decide to participate, a couple of players may decide to throw the match. heres how i'd handle that.

5MoV per player kill.
    20MoV per node captured, Objective delivered, Scores made.
    What this does is allows players to be rewarded individually for their efforts, while players who do not try get nothing. But what if a player is not very good and gets stomped? Well, here's where we could actually use the scoreboard effectively. if a player loses the match, gets no kills, captures or scores ect, they can get a reward for loss, say 50 marks, but the catch is, they actually have to do something. They have to make the attempt in order to be rewarded, which the system would be able to detect. But no attempt= no marks for said individuals.

what this does is encourages people to play a different way. Sure there will be kill farmers, but at 5 measley MoV per kill, they may be much more content actually trying to accomplish a task. Devs, you guys cant control how fast people level up fully. Trying to restrict that will make more angry than not. The current plan we have will only hurt pvping even more so. I cant imagine how pissed i'd be if i beat someone once and they threw the match, not only voiding my marks but getting a strike against both of us. The only fair way is to do it based on performance, and those who do nothing get nothing
  15. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Why would they care about match fixing? This all started from ppl crying cause someone took away their fun and just stood around. Had nothing to do with match fixing. Match fixing hurts no one. No one. They can't be serious that they are going to be able to identify only the ppl that abuse this, and when this punishes just one paying customer wrongly. That will be when it went to far.
    If they want to take away the ppl standing around marks, that would be a good thing but to take away someone who tried to play and gets nothing because someone on the other team stood there? Really?
  16. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Match fixing is mostly a victimless crime, if you don't count everyone else trying to earn Marks by participating as victims. It's gaming the system though, and frowned upon. I personally don't care because I don't know that gear makes all that much difference these days. The big complainers are the elitists who hate steamrolling opponents who don't fight back - their cries are the fuel for this kind of change.
  17. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

This is wrong on so many Levels.
    Enough of the punishing, the deserter-Penalty and the lair-battle-nerfs were too much allready. Just no.

I also want to point out this post from another thread:

• Like x 5
  18. Benjamin Fox New Player

Sometimes I wish there was a Praise button, instead of a like.
    • Like x 1
  19. Miggly Committed Player

There is a storm coming.
  20. Leveilleur Well-Known Player

And yet just when I thougt the devs couldn't throw in more stuff that will destroy pvp even more it seems that I was proven wrong. All you devs had to from the beginning was make a better matchmaking system and tweak weapons and powers so they could be balanced. Instead we got all these useless and disrespectful features thrown in.