GU 43: Fire Tanking Improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunso Developer

Please use this thread to discuss and give feedback about Fire tanking improvements. Preliminary update notes:
    • Fire Tanks: Using a super power now also increases Restoration when wearing item level 81 or higher gear.
    • Burning Determination: Now heals more damage instantly when activated. In Tank role it will trigger up to 10 heals over the duration.
    • Stoke Flames: Now heals a significant amount of damage instantly.
    • Like x 18
  2. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Beautiful news
    • Like x 2
  3. Neuro New Player

Great news so far, especially the resto buff. Will Burnout get its healing increased, too?

I always liked using Wildfire to taunt enemies and get a decent heal when lots of adds are in the vicinity. However, the animation time is a little long when used unclipped, so once you're done with the animation, your health dropped to right before you started using it. Any chance we could get its animation shortened or a short 50% absorption buff while using it?

Also, to make Absorb Heat more viable in higher content, it would be nice to have it affect multiple targets like HL's Light Blast does and give it a better ability to stun; maybe even apply a pull to it while in tank role.

A big problem I currently have with fire, though, is the lack of a multi-targetted directional pull like Ice and Rage have. Right now I'm forced to use Low Pressure, but that's is only available to Flight users and its physics effect behaves a little weird and might need a little tweaking (adds sometimes fly over my head).

Not specific to Fire but in general, tank pulls should work even though an add is stunned by a controller. Pretty much every controller stun locks the adds in place - rendering the tank unable to get them where he wants them - while other stuns (like Nature's Harvest) play along with pulls just fine.

However, I'm gonna give the survivability aspect a try and see if I can post some feedback about it.
    • Like x 11
  4. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Even with the changes I still see Fire as being a much more skill point intensive tank power. With that said I think the changes should make what is already the best tank power in game even better.
    • Like x 1
  5. GodNema Well-Known Player

So when is earth tanking going to get some loving? It is by far the weakest tank after this update by a even larger margin. On a side note the fire changes sound nice, but they weren't really needed, fire was doing better than earth prior to these changes anyways. #BuffEarth
  6. kav Committed Player

I personally don't want a pull for fire. It degrades its uniqueness and flavor. I personally use Backdraft for most pulls and lunge into groups to grab aggro and move around quickly to group up adds. It works as good as a pull and that's what I recommend to others as well.

You can overcome that issue. If you juggle them by a power from you after a troll has stun-locked them then you can pull them shortly after.

Nevertheless I love the upcoming changes.
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

- nice changes also i want to point out that since fire has no aoe range pulls -> wildfire animation is to long!
    • Like x 3
  8. Trinidad James Loyal Player

That's your opinion/way of gaming and your entitled to it but point is. Having a long-range pull in Fire doesn't change anything about the game play-style you wish to use, It's not going to hurt the power set at all either. Fire's Tanking Mechanic and animations is what gives it it's uniqueness and flavor, not; not have a Range Pull. (like are you people serious?)

Everyone acts as if adding this pull will change the power set completely and the way you like to tank. But it wont one bit and only will give others more options to tank with, I fine nothing wrong with this. Many platers wanted a long range POT to be added to Light, When it finally got one; It didn't change the play style of anyone wanting to use boxing gloves/claw in melee or clipping them at range. So I fail to see where all the hate for this additional pull is coming from.

And I also have a big problem with pulls outside of fire being that even tho they do give you Fire's tank buff/grants aggro, they do not heal you nor set enemies on fire by the way of Burning PI. Also as far as setting enemies on fire from far to gain aggro goes; Setting a NPC on Fire does not make/force them to be instantly teleported to you.

This example that I made up is one of the many ways they could add such a pull to Fire:

[IMG]

1. Combine "Immolation" & "Enflame" together making a new Immolation ( A Usable While Controlled
      Enflame with Immolation PI ), Opening a new power slot.
    2. Add a long range AOE Tank pull called Implode or Implosion; "Concentrate fire into a high pressured beam of energy to collapse enemies in on themselves puling them inwards to you. Enemies hit by this ability will be set on fire"
    • Like x 18
  9. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Im on test

First thing I try to see is if the buff stacked. Doing the Spark solo. Notice it doesn't.

Make it.

Pretty please with sugar on top
    :):):):):):):)
    • Like x 3
  10. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Fireball has been hitting twice, this is on live server, so i would appreciate if we could get this fixed in this update.:)
  11. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

We definitly need a possibility to revive people in combat...

Like ice has tons of shields and earth has gemstone shield. But i dont want that as a shield, more as a better immunity.
    What about when u activate burning determination u get your heals and u can activate things like dead people or other needed interactions.
    • Like x 8
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

I've always been in favor of combining Immo & Enflame. The powers are a bit too similar to leave as separate.

As far as pulls, I don't think we need another one but rather change Backdraft to...

1. Make pulls reliable. Sometimes I can pull stunned trash mobs that are of similar CR, sometimes not.
    2. Expand the range slightly
    3. Provide healing from all burning enemies
    --Having a fire-based pull that adds damage to all enemies but not healing makes no sense.

If anyone needs a single target pull, just use Fireball, it's Taunt will bring them (I use it successfully all the time).
    • Like x 5
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

last time i checked on live, fireballs taunt ability was broken.
    • Like x 2
  14. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Little bit more Fire Tanking today. Did Duo. Bro was Mental Troll.

Fire Tanking seems the same. The slight Resto buff is good if you dont spec much into restoration much (Which every smart Fire Tank or Tanks in general already do.)

If the restoration buff stacked after power use like rage health stacks after power use it would be perfect.

It would bring more comfortably while tanking outside of a main mechanic like what other tanks have. F.E. ( Earth - Brick 50% mitigate damage, Rage - Power use health buff, Ice - Shields + Ice Armor from Chill effect)

Just my opinion that would make Fire Tanking stand out more from other powers in terms of long survivability with out frequent assistants/ need of a healer.
    • Like x 6
  15. Jin Kazama New Player

fix the broken fireball taunt pls :(
    as far as improvements go..... <3<3<3<3<3<3
    you made my life easier with that ^^
    • Like x 1
  16. Magnificent Loyal Player

Just got through checking numbers. It looks like Resto kicks up ~20.5% when a power is used.
    • Like x 1
  17. Star Ember New Player

Just trying to clarify: Is the resto buff actually a percentage (ie, scales with gear)? Or a flat buff that is about 20.5% of whatever you were wearing at the time?

If it's the former, that's gonna be super useful
  18. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Great fire got a buff but for god sake please buff earth also :mad:
  19. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Edit: So the resto buff seems to be about 34%? Is that right?

Maybe we're playing different games but Backdraft has always given a heal when used on burning enemies for as long as I've played and probably for as long as the game has been live. It heals a flat rate whether one enemy or 8, but it does heal.
    • Like x 2
  20. ShadyLane New Player

so that's great that the breakout heals have been improved. However what about backdraft that's used way more often I can't spam burning determination all day, not that i can spam backdraft much either seeing as the cooldown is still slow.
    As for stoke flames
    A) wrong side of the tree ( have to give up innates)
    B) where am i supposed to fit that on my bar give up my long pull or my sc that when i have no power or a not so great heal i cant save myself?
    It's the start of a fix but I personally would have like to seen a heal boost on backdraft and a slighty short cooldown time.
    As for the long pull would be nice but there are workarounds.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.