DLC12: Spark of Parallax Solo Challenge - Official Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Hjal, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCBatson Dedicated Player

Killing the adds was not 'tough'. Surviving a barrage of CC after CC after CC after CC was just damned off-putting and pointless. I am not exaggerating. I was CC'ed multiple times in series again and again, by the random adds, by the bosses, and by combinations of both.

I'm calling it as the Emperor has no clothes. It's just a badly designed instance.
  2. Sbel Devoted Player

There are only 2 sets of mobs between each boss. After the second set you can just sit there for 10 minutes if you want.

----

My only complaint is the weapons it drops. In 5 days it has given me Rifle 3 times, shield once, and dp once. WTF is this ****? Why does it only drop my least favorite weapons?!?!
    • Like x 1
  3. Belthazur Dedicated Player

It's the Evilness of the Game. I NEVER get my weapon of choice
    • Like x 1
  4. Anhur Committed Player

I don't find the instance particularly engaging, it's a straight "fish in a barrel" damage race - rotate through healing barrel, cola and supply drop to survive, completed in a short span of time.

I'll echo "Sbel" above, that the loot (not just for the solo, but across all the instances) seems to be weighted to weapons - I'm running/completing this for the very small chance of getting a living planet item.

The environment, animation, NPCs and voice acting are absolutely brilliant.
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

I've done this solo daily with no problem on my main.

Yesterday I tried it on a 106 tank, barely high enough to get in. I found it considerably more challenging. For the finale I found it was way easier to let the bosses out right after killing the previous one because 2 red lanterns would do a lot more damage than 1 boss.

I think it's ok as is, but if you do adjust it at all, I'd say tone down either the damage or the health of the red lanterns in it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I'm in the process of gearing up my hero alt so he's 111cr for the next dlc content. Currently I'm still 108cr on the hero side with 178sp but doing this solo, I do struggle a little bit because I'm not geared for it. Still it's doable, but I was near death when I had Vice down to 1% of his health. My last burst went through and killed him. I blocked for the remainder of the time until the cutscene happens and the Red lantern adds killed me because I too was only at 1% of my health.

I suggest making the adds disappear once you killed all three bosses. There no need for them to still be there to kill you after you gone and killed all three of them. Luckily the cutscene happened while I was on the countdown timer for revival. If it had reached zero. I'm guessing I would have to redo the whole thing again which would suck for my weaker toon and anybody else trying to gear their alts and not their mains.
    • Like x 2
  7. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

Thought it was pretty easy (first completed as CR 107 Fire DPS, no wipes). It just felt like Oan Sciencells as a solo (adds-boss-adds-boss-repeat, small area). One observation, Sinesto doesn't always seem interested in participating, he'll fight some adds and/or bosses, but will stop midway through even when enemies are around him. Length is fine for a solo and rewards seem appropriate.
  8. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

One bug I've noticed, a few times after freeing the 3rd boss, Hal will still be hovering in pose like he is still containing the bosses instead of joining in.

Have gotten the 2 in short time frame feat as tank & healer, where making the fight last longer works to trinket / barrel cooldowns.
  9. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I just hit CR106 but only have 95 SP.
    Ran this for the first time last night
    Died twice but was able to finish it

Good entry level difficulty to the DLC, IMO
    But wish I'd received a gear drop instead of just marks
    after all, isn't the purpose to gear up before doing the raid?

I'd say it was enjoyable for Lantern content
    • Like x 1
  10. Zed596 New Player

Drops 95 weaps but like the rest t6 content you either get gear or an extra mark. There is also a chance to get base items and t6 expert plans. Where I got my precision&health VI exp plan :)
  11. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I didn't get a drop
    Just Mof and SoL II

And I'll add that the deaths were on me, not the difficulty
    tried to stun adds and revive Sinestro
    Then wasn't expecting adds after killing the first boss

Went in blind
  12. KrimsonScourge New Player

Does this solo not drop one handed weps? I have gotten literally every other weapon drop (some two or even three times now.). It's getting frustrating.
  13. Will Power Loyal Player

I love the solo its a Challenge for this Tank at first. However now I'm releasing all 3 Bosses at once and not able to beat it yet. I'd love a 50 Feat point feat for beating all 3 Bosses with in X amount of time. You could call the Feat Triple Threat.
  14. Requake Dedicated Player

You do solos in tank role? Isn't that literally handicapping yourself?
  15. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

I don't know if changes have ensued yet or not.....

I found I could typically avoid and block attacks long enough for the barrel ( already used fighting Bleeze) to respawn in time for me to finish off Bleeze without using supply drop or cola in dps stance.

Cola shot to amp up for the adds whereupon at their defeat, I would unlock another boss and taunt as I went for the barrel again so by the time it was needed again (Metallo slaps me around a lot) it would hopefully have respawned and if not supply drop and hammer him fast as possible.

The adds I have been taking care of first and then unlocking a boss quickly after the first add set's defeat. That seems to stop any further adds from appearing until the boss is down.

The different kill order feat was not all that difficult to accomplish but the kill 2 bosses within 15 seconds of each other for now seems impossible. In leveling I thought the speed feat for the Hive alert was impossible too so...

All in all I like the solo and its a great way to help stack SOL's toward some sweet alt gear :)

Agree with most in saying that more "useful" gear/weapon drop's would be nice but regardless I really like both the solo and duo content in this latest DLC.
  16. Will Power Loyal Player

A Tank can survive at close combat with out the uses of Sodas or Supply drops or any other bells and whistles and besides it makes it a Challenge if your in your Support role for a Healer it will be a real challenge. Plus I like to Melee only I don't clip and I'm a Weapon Mastery lover so out side of having a ton of Health it takes those bums a while to Burn me down and who doesn't love an Underdog! Odds stacked against me with only my Skills at Fire Tanking to keep me safe. Too many people say the content is easy but that's cause they are seeing it from a Top Tier POV try it with out that gear level drop down to the lowest it allows and it will be a Challenge.

How many DPS in this community can truly say I know how to survive that in Troll Tank or Healer role. I doubt with out there Crits they wouldn't last too long.
  17. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

If
    if u kill all 3 at the same time there no adds !
  18. DorianM Well-Known Player

My personal best time for this Solo is a completion at 4:33. Cr 111 Gadgets dps.
    • Like x 1
  19. Requake Dedicated Player

I remember a guy on EUPS doing pretty much every raid solo in troll role (or at least a part of it). When nexus and para were still mediocre hard, he soloed first boss nexus. As well as side tunnels paradox except for rav I believe.xD but off topic, im leaving it to it :D
  20. Abysmal Knight New Player

Me, as a 106 Gadgets with 111 SP, full 92-94 gear with a couple of 90 pieces xD, it's not hard at all, Bleez and Vice are a piece of cake, Metallo kinda hard due to his range attack that burn down my HP pretty much to 40%, mob pretty easy (love to have them all the time under cc). First time that I did it, got a katar, my main weapon C:

Yesterday I tried and completed the feat by defeating two of them, died once by my fault, didn't use barrel, but I used orbital and supply drop, both maxed out.

Sometimes I have to encounter them by myself, since Sinestro just stands there looking how I'm fighting our enemies, it must be attacked in order to help me. When I release the last enemy, Sinestro definitely attacks (maybe due to Hal Jordan's aggro?)

A fun and challenging solo, way better and funnier than being Circe or Wonder Woman like the previous solos. Yeah, they were different and "RP", but not for me.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.