Upd43: Slackers begone

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by tukuan, Nov 14, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You aren't going to let someone walk into a PvE instance and just stand at the entrance for easy marks.
  2. VariableFire Loyal Player

So your reply is to ban? Overkill much? PVP already kicks if you don't leave the safe area. You ask way too much of the game.
    • Like x 4
  3. Volkenraider Loyal Player

u clearly havn't seen the people queuing up for T6 duos latley lol :p
    • Like x 4
  4. Itazuki New Player

Better than them pushing it down to 70 and 30 MoV. That'd officially kill all 1v1. Like Lair battles...
    • Like x 4
  5. VanFel New Player

I'm so glad you asked this question.
    I have been out of game 1 1/2 and just came back recently and I pvp a lot, anyway I was running 1v1's last night and as usual there were a few of my opponents did not come out of spawn after their first death and stay there until the clock runs out....do they get kicked or do they not receive any rewards after?
    Also I think there may be a problem with this new system. My last match of the night I was fighting a pretty good player I held the node the entire match, until the last few seconds, he finally killed me I respawned and Bang clock runs out and I ended up losing.
    Now this is not a rant, I could care less if I win or loose I just like pvp'ing and can appreciate a loss as much as win, I just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone else had this happen? Or was I just really tired?

Thanks
  6. Yeah that Eddie Committed Player

I understand and sympathize with regular PvPers who play DCUO for the competition of fighting live players. Those who grief, quit because of a lose, or just want to lose for Marks can make for a frustrating gaming session.

My concern is the PvE players who want to complete FEATs, some of which involve PvP gear Style-sets. This implementation, while well meaning, makes garnering Skill Points by PvE leaning players far more difficult then it needs to be.

The league I am in, and its coalition league, often set aside nights to help players gain Marks, and FEATs. We aren't hurting anyone's enjoyment of the game, as we run against each other. We wont jump into open matches and try to "you lose this time, we lose next time." While this may not be the intended way PvP was to be used, it is the way only way some folks can get those remaining SPs they needed.

Maybe I'm misreading the wording of this proposed "fix". But it appears that, as others have stated, the DEVs are "swatting a fly with a bazooka." Come up with a way to Kick, Block, or Ban greifers/squaters....but don't punish those who enjoy the PvE side of the game but have to still PvP for FEATs.
    • Like x 5
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

First off we don't even know how often this has to happen for someone to be banned, but someone simply queuing into PvP and then refusing to fight is a form of griefing/area disruption as forbidden by the TOS. So yea, an eventual ban for repeatedly doing this is appropriate.

And it kinda sucks not being able to kick those people or in many cases leave without getting derserter doesn't it? :p
  8. CCBatson Dedicated Player

OMG, dramatizing this more than a bit much?!!

Enquirer, I like you and I've enjoyed playing matches alongside you and against you. But you cannot possibly be serious that because someone (particularly in a 1v1) decides to forfeit a match after seeing how outclassed they are, that this counts as GRIEFING?!!

As far as how often this happens before the software decides to punish you, all I can say is that we are likely to NEVER get that level of transparency from the Devs, and so it will remain to all public perception- arbitrary and whimsical.

Plus you still have yet to address that freedom to forfeit as a reward for the opponent playing well is being taken away here too. What happens here? Or are you suggesting that we all play the Kobra-Kai "Mercy is for the weak" style of play here? I am sorry, but I don't enjoy skewed matches. It's not a shameful thing for one opponent to bow and not fight, and if you say it is, there's a ton of historical samurai and wu-tzu that would say differently. Sometimes not-fighting and recognizing your boundaries is the smart and honorable thing to do,
    • Like x 11
  9. Saami Loyal Player

After few moments of thinging this through i dont thing that 1 vs 1 should have any penalties.
    there are lot of only pve players who deserve a way to get pvp feats (some of them) by just giving up.
    Anyway 2 vs 2 and all up that should punish slackers because it affects to other team mates too.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I am sorry what? DESERVE a way?
    They don't deserve anything. Just as how as a PvP player I don't deserve to get PvE marks/styles/gear by queing in and not moving.
    • Like x 3
  11. VanFel New Player

12. Saami Loyal Player

I understand your point, but by losing they get only style feats, which you can get anyway.
    I dont support giving up match or anything like that, but i dislike even more if someone tries to sabotage my 4vs4 or other team match.
  13. Jarret Plumkins New Player

Bans for not participating in PVP? in a game that often lags out and makes things unplayable? (Looking at you Pit)

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

The problem is they do not deserve the style or the feats. If PvE players are trying to justify them quitting the match because "I just want the style feats", they better be okay with me asking them to help me with a raid while I stand in the spawn area.
    • Like x 1
  15. Saami Loyal Player

You are right.
    that would favor pve players more.
  16. VanFel New Player

If you want all the feats....run all the content.
    Point blank.
    The reason these players act this way is because of egos. They worked so hard getting their SP's and gear they don't want to scuff their shinney character up with a legitimate loss.
    Winning feels good...but what do you ever really learn from it?
    • Like x 1
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

PvE requires you to complete objectives in order to advance. PvP on the other hand does not. We're not asking you to win to earn marks, just participate. If you can't participate, you should not get a reward.
    • Like x 6
  18. CCBatson Dedicated Player

But what gives you the right to determine what is an acceptable level of participation? The truth is no one player has the right to judge another player, and asking us to put our faith into a piece of software... is well, a stretch. I certainly don't trust any of the software to be accurate, fair, or fully functional at any given time. There's a level of fail I am prepared to accept to have my fun and enjoyment, but for software to act as a judge? Nope.

If someone fights, dies, respawns, fights, dies, respawns; and due to whatever it is that might be causing their losses; whether it'd be just a bad day, lag, latency filters, imbalanced mechanics (yes, they still exist), or whatever... they don't have to fight til the score is 0 before they decide if they have the right to throw in the towel. So in your estimation, if the score is already down 1000-600, and your opponent shows NO ability to match you, you think you're entitled to insist on MAKING them fight you? They are paying customers same as you. They are entitled to a sense of enjoyment, the same as you are. That means they are not obligated to serve as your punching bag.

I'm deeply disturbed that you feel that your rights as a player override other players' rights. This doesn't sound like you from the conversations we have enjoyed previously. Sure, you're not playing the game right now; because maybe you are burned out, maybe you are bitter over some other issues. But that doesn't justify taking the stance that if you can't enjoy yourself, no one else gets to either.

And this applies doubly for the Devs, if they happen to be reading this. We are paying customers. We pay your salaries. We pay for your lights, your PC's, your software licenses, and in the end- we decide if you still have a product that sells. Telling some of us that we don't matter over others that happen to be buddies with you or that talk a good game loudly, that's bad business.

Broaden your perspectives. Stop listening to the small percentage of people that want to be elitists. The fact is that elitists are not ever going to have the interests of the average consumer and player at heart, that's WHY they are elitists.
    • Like x 12
  19. MyrVell Committed Player

Apples and oranges. Non-contributors can be kicked, plus in ops they wouldn't get rewards if they don't go to the next area.
    No deserter for leaving a duo.
    • Like x 2
  20. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Duo rule of thumb - never queue up (alone) for a duo you can't solo - ^^
    • Like x 5