A Chilly Guide to Everything Ice

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Radium, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Anti Bezz New Player

IB - WT - Blizzard - RS - IBS - NVB
    Best loadout imo I have found for end game.
  2. Avian Dedicated Player

Yeah my bad, meant to write Winter Ward. I do pretty good with counter mechanics but up until now I have been using reflect as my primary shield and bitter winds as my secondary when I rotate them. After some more testing it seems like the glitch from Bitter Winds seems to carry on to shields that I use to clip it with (PDF as well) or simply use after a glitched Bitter Winds. I'll try to save Reflect for the tight spots and focus on rotating the other shields instead.
    Thanks for the tips :)
  3. Ciphey Well-Known Player

Has anyone noticed the fix to Bitter Winds?/has anyone noticed the bug it had?
  4. MentosTroll Loyal Player

What is wrong with bitter winds?
  5. SpecEU New Player

Bitter Winds has been fixed with GU42, it was glitchy and sometimes not granting shield mitigation when casted.
  6. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

sm ice tank solo round 6-7 8 da chilla

7. SuperBladeRunner New Player

I tanked today for the first time in about a month and it seemed to working better than it was when the Halls of Power was released. It was so bad then that i had to use another shield almost immediately
  8. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

Looking for some info?

Are there any issues with Ice Tank abilities dropping arggo?

For some reason I'm having issues pulling adds with Inescapable Storm. Is anyone else having this issue?

And here are my current stats are, anything I should change?

Health - 14386
    Dom - 2598
    Def - 12388 (Base)
    Res - 3730

Thank you for your replies.
  9. Anti Bezz New Player

You shouldn't have an issue but if anything raise dom up. Only advice I can give.
  10. Stark23 Committed Player

With those numbers you should have zero "issues" pulling adds. But, I'm sure you know that some adds are scripted to run around, jump and lunge. They will eventually come back or be pulled with IS. Try pulling a Brute in Breach when he wants to do what he wants, that has nothing to do with stats, he's just performing as expected.
  11. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

Thanks guys for the response, I didn't think anything was wrong. Just wanted to make sure.
  12. Revan3200 New Player

Hay guys what's up all, I just switched to ice and I'm having some trouble figuring out the DPs side. I'm 109cr and I'm just not putting out any damage my load out is wintry tempest, ice bash, ice bolder strike, robot sidekick, resonating gale, and blizzard. Also how do you mod right now I'm moded straight might from when I was gadgets. 1 last question is max damage better than ice armor. If you guys could answer my questions I would really appreciate it.
  13. MentosTroll Loyal Player

• Mainframe: Empowered Channeling: Arctic Gust and Avalanche are no longer affected by the Empowered Channeling mod.
    • General: Abilities that apply the Chill Effect now refresh the duration of Ice Armor.
    • Arctic Gust: Increased cone width from 30 degree to 90 degrees. Removed the cooldown and reduced the channeling time to 2.5 seconds. Now causes additional damage while in Damage role when used against enemies standing in Ice fields. Also causes additional damage while in Damage role when you have Ice Armor or have four or more Chill effects active. Arctic Gust gains Block Breaking properties while using Ice's Advanced Mechanic.
    • Avalanche: Adjusted the physical properties of the ability so it reliably hits your target and surrounding enemies in a large area of effect eight times and tuned them so enemies are not scattered to the four winds. Removed the cooldown and reduced the channeling time to 2.5 seconds. Now causes additional damage while in Damage role when used against enemies standing in Ice fields. Also causes additional damage when you have Ice Armor or have four or more Chill effects active. Avalanche gains Block Breaking properties when use Ice's Advanced Mechanic.
    • Cold Snap: While in Damage role and Cold Snap is active you recover a portion of the power cost from Arctic Gust, Avalanche, Ice Bash and Cold Snap. Cold Snap may now be activated while moving.
    • Ice Bash: While in Damage role Ice Bash causes additional damage to enemies in an area when hitting with Arctic Gust or Avalanche.
  14. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I have to say, that this is very disappointing.
  15. Radium Devoted Player

You'd be surprised how hard Gust can hit right now actually.
  16. Ciphey Well-Known Player

I agree. Does not look like much effort was put in.
  17. MentosTroll Loyal Player

enlighten us please. As of now, it looks like barely gave our AM a thought. Similar to mental, how it all boils down to a ONE paragraph.

The HL, Nature, Electricity, Fire, Earth, Gadgets seemed to have more thought put into them.
  18. MentosTroll Loyal Player

saw that you brought up Snow Devil and Frost Blast. I agree, those are still useless.
    • Like x 1
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Seems like it is more interesting than Fire's. I am surprised it isn't a copy paste to be honest. Does ice armor now activate with max damage ? I can't wait for some footage.
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

More isn't always better. It is pretty straight forward and doesn't use a lot of words to make it sound like more than it is. Earth HHL and Elect are different because they got total revamps and not just AM. Nature has a lot of moving parts. Metal has a lot more micro management it seems.
    • Like x 2