Oh!! Here we go again with ninja nerf [sorcery]

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Auroradeoux, Oct 25, 2014.

1. SSB Active Player

He said damage wise its pretty good when you find a rotation you like and with him being one of those number calculating type of players electric should hold him until atomic comes around. I like the burst damage side of electric myself but at the same time I haven't switched to a different power (yet) but if I do I'll be looking into nature or mental.
  2. Mad9 New Player

Really? Rage has been severely nerfed and folks like you still complain that it's not enough.
    • Like x 2
  3. Sir Arcanium New Player

Lol your the one said it needed to be nerfed more.. I just said it isn't as bad as most rage players make it out to be. One real power got adjusted, that's about it, and it was a SC to boot. It's hardly a useless power as some of the rant threads make it out to be. I've played several weak powers over the years, even Sorcery at various points of it's life time has been pretty bad. Especially when they mess with our pets in a negative fashion.

Compared to how pathetic earth and electric was for years Rage really has no grounds to complain. The power has been a lot longer than most before it was really 'adjusted'. Sorcery has a long history of being fiddled with on a regular basis. This newest bug or change to Transmute hurts, but we move on and use something else.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dylan Top5 New Player

i'll never understand the argument:

Well, "X" power has been OP for a good amount of time, it's ok if it sucks now.
    • Like x 1
  5. Requake Dedicated Player

Lol rage is ok and acceptable right now. So is sorc, my alt was hitting 5k crits with 4500 might. My dmg compared to other dpses was fine (more than fine).
    Tbf only power really out of line right now? Nature, spam ticks and keep harvesting. I've outdpsed people by 3-4m in lockdown :/
  6. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

WhiLe rage still does good dmg, as a rage player since day 1, it's honestly not thw same anymore....we took a hit too, our range practically sucks big kryptonian balls, our melee which what was rages main thing got nerfed to oblivion, yes with proper gear and skills u will do somewhat of decent dmg, but thw second it's with powers that do real good in range, rage is out. Now I'm not the best player on dc, I do have some experience though and used to do decent in range department now I'm lucky if I'm 2nd place. I'm no scoreboard chaser, but I know when my power got bombed on. Yes there are better players out there, heck it could be one of those things where if I'm with random grps who are ok I tend to do average but when with friends who are good or lgs I tend do better and have a good dmg out, I don't know.

But some nerfs we got I don't mind, specially if it's towards pvp but as we all know most nerfs and tweaks that are for pvp somehow make their way to pve and ruin certain powers. All I know while rage is somewhat balanced with certain moves, it also took a good hit that dropped it from one of the top main powers. Heck even ice been topping it lol. I seen good players both ice and rage in raids and rage always seem to be the 1 behind. Could be the raids, could be the player who knows but I do know that rage isn't rage anymore it's just not as good as it used to be
  7. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Let's hope test's "unbroken version" gets pushed to live with the next update or when the DLC is released. It obviously sounds like some sort of 'glitch' because it isn't like Sorcery was outpacing any other power so it shouldn't have received any type of reduction and with Healer and DPS DoTs overwriting, that is definitely a glitch that needs to be fixed. Has anyone posted the bug in Arkham Asylum? It's tough to get a 'fix' or something addressed if nobody reports it... and since I've not personally experienced the overwriting DoTs myself, I cannot accurately report about it.
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

well i can only talk from my point of view ... i was playing rage since it came out and since AF dlc (since bosses started to get real HP) i had to work hard to be always top on scoreboard because of the risk of being counterable now i just had enough and i changed my power and "my god" it doesnt matter what power i played after rage (except celestial) i didnt had to work that hard to be top ...it is just a simple easy spam feast from max distance with no risk :)
    • Like x 1
  9. xskateXX Well-Known Player

i put soul well
    then wm- shard of life clip with WOD
    then COD
    then i just spam wm-trans till my Bad karma pi is done and shards dots
    • Like x 1
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I played rage since it dropped too, and i never had to work hard to be on top. I didn't with sorcery either.

I don't think sorcery was nerfed, imo it's just broken
  11. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Which is why someone needs to report it as a BUG in the Arkham Asylum section. The devs have even said that they only look there for bug reports and consider the amount of "likes" on the report to determine whether it is, or isn't, an actual problem.

Since I have just started using Sorcery without Fury, I don't know what type of hits Transmutation should be getting from a power crit, so I wouldn't be able to make a case about whether it is bugged or not. So if someone would put in a thread in the Arkham section and post the link here, I'm sure all of us would be willing to go there and 'like' that thread so as to get the necessary attention for a fix. Not only for Transmutation but also for the apparent overwriting of healer and DPS DoTs.
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah well i am not sorcery on live atm so i cant make a thread about fixing it since i didnt experience the broken version...

i just tested it on test cause ppl were complaining and there it works well.

also i am not willing to invest money anylonger in this project ,besides my sub ,cause the game is in its current state a slap in my face... its completly a different game than what it was when i started, i can somehow understand a mmo has to evolve but what dcuo responsible do is creating a different game and this from GU to GU ... sometimes its just to much to adapt... ( adapting and adapting and its getting worse and worse).

so many i know and learned knowing in this game and used to play with pve/pvp just have enough of this game and start leaving one by one ... i put my whole faith in GU43 and after i will have to reconsider supporting with my sub aswell.
  13. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

They most likely are not going to stop until it hurts their business in some way they don't tolerate. Sounds a bit like a parent son or daughter relationship.

Child: "I know it's 'wrong' but, um, you just watch me do it, so..........um.......
    I am going to just keep on doing it because (pause) you can't or you won't stop me! (child giggles while being sure of themselves and scampers off).

Twisted but sounds about "right".
    • Like x 1
  14. dcmalcolm New Player

Elec got a minor nerf , stuns are not working. Most powers get nerfed at some point , due to the fact that the devs release a new power that is op so we do a $10 switch, then nerf it 3 weeks later so we do another $10 switch. Plus the "community" is really just a small group who are friends with devs and gm's , who complain when a power kicks the crap out of them and then that power gets nerfed. So you can thank people like SuperPatriot , Britteny , ( most of Select Few ) , etc. IMO.
    • Like x 2
  15. Saiyan King New Player

E
    exactly lol
  16. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

You're welcome.
    • Like x 7
  17. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Happy to help.
    • Like x 6
  18. Skyaar New Player

lol oh boy, sarcastic people
    • Like x 2
  19. Saiyan King New Player

Oh sorc splits now huh now it's balanced. Which is cool
  20. dcmalcolm New Player

Either Sarcastic or so incredibly in love with themselves they can't tell when someone hates them , i think it's the latter with a bit of idiocy thrown in , congrats guys on being the sole reason that an average of 47 players per day quit dcuo , what are you gonna due when the game goes belly up ???
    • Like x 1