Oh!! Here we go again with ninja nerf [sorcery]

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Auroradeoux, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Auroradeoux New Player

Is it just me or sorcery got sh**ty all of a sudden? Transmutation used 2 hit 7-8k+ even 2 days ago; now 4k if I'm lucky, shard 3.5k+ burst now 2.2-2.5k. WTH is going on DCUO?
    • Like x 2
  2. DoIAmuseYou New Player

That's the oldest 'revamped' power, they want you to be a new 'revamped' power....i.e. spend money.

Welcome to dcuo, land of a million ways to rip you off.
    • Like x 6
  3. xskateXX Well-Known Player

well i saw this also
    but, i switched my rotation and im doing good damage again
    something with bad karma is ****** up
    and i think they made trans split better
  4. Crackin New Player

^^ knows what's up. Wait till it's close to next power release. suddenly all recent revamps go to **** & Weapon mastery will be toned down because of ( community feedback ). Get your respecs folks.
  5. altcrazy New Player

Yup and anyone who has played this game knows its always the same. New power comes out and the last 1 b4 it gets the nerf hammer to sell respec tokens. Most of us know this, but they keep doing it like we are somehow stupid and dont see it happening. SMH
    • Like x 1
  6. Dylan Top5 New Player

That's why I got 6 different mains, 6 different powers... Chances are one of them will be FOTM :)
    • Like x 3
  7. SSB Active Player

I haven't been seeing the buff from SO kick in and how does elec and nature get stuns added but the stun we had from shards wasn't returned at the same time. The highest crit I've seen from trans with BK applied lately is right around 3500. Another long time Sorcery user I know picked up on the damage decrease and decided to switch to electric today. I wonder who cried about Sorcery this time to get us nerfed yet again.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sir Arcanium New Player

Eh It's not unplayable. But I do find it funny that people complained about sorcery and it got ninja and openly nerfed several times in the last few months. Things like removing stun from shard, changes to the fury etc. All to a power that was never top dog. Sure sorcery could be competitive, but if gear and skill are all equal sorcery was never the best imo. Pretty bad when the dev's start nerfing the 2nd or 3rd best power while leaving some of the top end powers untouched. Even the recent attack on rage hasn't really upset their ability to be top dog that much.
    • Like x 3
  9. soulxmetal New Player

I thought some thing seemed odd, was not sure though. so it is confirmed nerfed? anyone know by how much?
  10. DCUController New Player

1 nerf, be glad its not rage status on its what 3-5th nerf now?

all Im saying is be glad ;)

its still very good, just adapt get better, like we always do. all the sorc DPS' I see are still melting adds and bosses like nothing, so this nerf was nothing to sorc.
    • Like x 1
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Yea sorcery is messed up or glitched. If running with a sorcery healer will override the dps dots too
  12. xskateXX Well-Known Player

yep, if sorcery healer wanna run with me i telling them to **** off XD
  13. kobetory08 New Player

I wonder if everyone just revolted an didnt buy respec tokens during the release of new powers maybe the ninja nerfs would stop. Its just a thought, its hard playing a game knowing that your favorite power\ part of the game an everything that makes it unique can be taken from u with 1 update (there really downgrades lol)
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

something is broken on live cause on test sorcery is definitly not broken transmutation still hits for 7k etc...
  15. Dylan Top5 New Player

Nerfs beget more nerfs

Sorcery users (and others) complained Rage is op so it got nerfed, then Rage users in return Sorcery is OP, got nerfed. Now I can see people complaining about gadgets till it gets nerfed. I assume Nature will be after that.

Stop trying to Nerf everything! (except weapon mastery)
    • Like x 5
  16. Sir Arcanium New Player

It's not the community so much as the Dev's. The Dev's openly ignore several comments by the community, especially in regards to fixing bugs like what happened to earth. Yet they will quote 'by community response' when ever they release anything we won't like. Plus the whole way they do things brings on imbalance.

They change one power at a time, leaving several others behind. That new power might be in line with current content and gear, but others are left behind so it looks OP. Then instead of brining everything else in line they take the top powers down. To much negative adjustment imo in this game. Instead of making the weaker, broken powers better they make the ones working properly down.

I mean it's been what 6 months or more since the AM first came out and there are still powers that don't have theirs yet? Yet people expect to be inline with those that have it? Plus some AM just don't seem as well thought at as others. Using the Fury in sorcery has been pretty outdated for a long time. I mean it crits at about 3k even at 108 CR. Not exactly big numbers for something that requires a constant power in use plus two others to set up the PI and to power the pet.

Only good thing you can say about some of the AM is that if you lack skill points their a good alternative to WM.
    • Like x 6
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I don't think soe nerfed sorcery, i believe it's broken. Transmutation isn't getting the wm crits, and some how healers are taking dps dots in my experience.
  18. DCUController New Player

yea and as you stated its cause they know ppl bend to the nerfs and adapt and move to something else always. therefor neting DCUO that $$$$ so why would they change? b/c they dont like the $$$$? nope
  19. Auroradeoux New Player

What's your rotation now if don't mind me asking?
  20. Auroradeoux New Player

Well said. How's elec btw dmg-wise compared 2 sorc?