is 4th color palette too much to ask?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by w0560, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Sigh. I'm so glad people keep themselves up to date and informed on what the Dev's have said is in the works.
    • Like x 3
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

people would rather talk than listen or think.

that's how.
    • Like x 4
  3. FiveByFive New Player

Like I said, that's not how it works bud. I know you're just going by what you think. But you don't have a correct understanding of how it works to be telling other people that they're wrong and (incorrectly) explaining how it works. The devs have already confirmed that this is coming.

The texture has 3 channels setup. There is coding that tells the game to colorize the area of a style X color in that channel. The color is represented by a number [a hex numeric value] and that number can come from anywhere -- but it gets selected from a color palette. The upcoming change is happening at the UI palette level. It's not happening at the 3d model level or the texture level. There can be 3 palettes to choose from or there can be 1000s and more.

If you want a green name to tell you what's what, re-watch the recent War of the Light II stream. Spytle himself talks about the color channels on gear / styles when they talk about the new weapon styles and how the colors get applied to the mists in the new weapons. That's how it works for our styles too. Right after SOELive this year SuperMouse made a post about this and explained everything in that thread too.
    • Like x 2
  4. Twilight Man New Player

I would instantly become interested in this game again and pay for several more months service if a 4th customizable color option was added.

Been asking for it since...February 2011.
    • Like x 1
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

Speaking of "soon" requests that will be granted...did they ever say anything about being able to add your own alts to a self-created league? Yeah there are workarounds but they're really awkward, especially on the PS.
  6. JonLaneKent New Player

I asked mepps on twitter and he said they have no plans for it yet :/ I wish they would just add it it should be simple.
  7. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Get Your Wallet Out. It's Coming....
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I think that we should have 4 color choices to make whatever colors we want but that we would have to choose between the 4 to color the 3 color slots- so 4 colors that we can color and im not talking about a black or white color choice because not all suits have black or white in them
  9. JonLaneKent New Player

I wouldn't mind having an additional white and black palette on top of the 3 we already have, that'd be 5 colors
    • Like x 1
  10. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Oh my Grodd....they went and made you Leader....
  11. Toshknight Loyal Player

if the game stays on ps3 yes
  12. rival exe New Player

The game will be the same even without PS3 but with less people to play with.
  13. BigAl Devoted Player

Well, it isn't quite like that. Our "leader" is the equivalent on an "officer". The "founder", he's the big dog (at least we let him think that way). ;)
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

well I figure we can have as many palettes as we want long as we keep the color slots to three for the suits and gear- so having a white/black palette is a stupid way to limit ourselves even further- if we are getting a new UI lets get it done right the first time and get 4 fully changeable palettes and three colors slots
  15. HazeTA New Player

The second person here to say it is too much because of PS3, completely ignoring the fact that the devs have said a 4th colour is coming and multiple people here have mentioned that fact. smh